DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Danced amongst the lightning bolts..

Joar Addam Nesossin

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,

We ran to the sounds of the thunder.

We danced among the lightning bolts,

and tore the world asunder.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws and reading far too far into this, but I thought maybe this could be applicable to the three ta'veren..

Consider that the Seanchan are often referred to as the storm, the gathering storm. And now Mat has his link to them.

This is the most tenuous one; the thunder could be um, Perrin striking his hammer at the forge.. (Can anyone think of anything more relevant for that?)

Rand of course has shown himself very adept at throwing lightning around, right from the start when he accidentally zapped that darkfriend whilst he and Mat were travelling to Camelyn..

Together, the three tear the world asunder? Well, they haven't done much of that, not literally anyway. Maybe it links to them fighting in the Last Battle?

Thoughts, opinions, blatant destruction of my thoughts, anything is welcome..

I'll go with a thought and a little blatant destruction.

I'm pretty sure that quote is talking about the male channelers going mad from tainted Saidin and breaking the world. I mean there is that whole "and tore the world asunder" piece. I don't think Mat or Perrin have done that.... Rand might, but not yet.

I think the ta'veren in this case are all considered as one person in the prof. Case in point is the beginning of CoT when it says "the left hand falter and the right hand strays." Mat was stuck in Altaira and Perrin quit his mission to go chasing after the Shaido.

And one point there was talk about three legs on a stool. And they know that without one the other two can't win TG.

And Mat and Perrin have made there own impact of "Tearing the world asunder." Mat has redifined warfare and Perrin's man of action approach to things has started to rub off on others.

It's surprising that the only other people who know the significance of Mat and Perrin are the forsaken. The AS just think of them as other ta'veren, not needed when they need to fix the pattern themselves.

mydraal do too' date='

i think it was said in the second book by a mydraal to Perrin. knock one leg of the tripod and it all falls down. or something like that[/quote']

Start of the third book, when the camp is attacked (Rand leaves after this attack).

You got the quote fairly right, though.

no amount of reasoning will convince me those 4 lines are referrinng to anything but the male channelers going mad and destroying the world, its not part of the prophecies, I dont remember what the source is, but if its not the prophecies, more than likely it doesnt involve rand,mat, or perrin

~V1zharan~

no amount of reasoning will convince me those 4 lines are referrinng to anything but the male channelers going mad and destroying the world, its not part of the prophecies, I dont remember what the source is, but if its not the prophecies, more than likely it doesnt involve rand,mat, or perrin

~V1zharan~

If I remember correctly it is a poem from the 4th Age attributed to the Dragon Reborn, which would suggest that Rand and the Asha'man do some considerable damage, but do not go mad.

I can't remember which book it's from, however I'm pretty sure the OP's quote is right on with the "We". I think the caption after it said something like "sometimes attributed to the Dragon/DR".

That being said the way I've always read it was as being written by a male channeler during the breaking of the world (possibly by one that was severed, or hiding in a stedding as it's all in past-tense) speaking of himself and all other male channelers.

Archived