DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

a new thread in the Pattern

Cyurasan

...or a new thread in the forum?

*offers a hand to whoever's reading this*

Anyway, pleased to meet you, the name's Cyura (pronounced as sai-you-rah), and I've been a fan of WoT since 2007. (It was depressing to find out that the author died a couple of months after starting to read the series.)

I'm currently re-reading the series before I touch The Gathering Storm, and the books after that. (I didn't have the guts to read the books completed by Sanderson, but I now think the need to know the rest of the story is more important.)

(BTW, my favourite character is Min, just because the stuff she says really makes me go "How will that symbol manifest in the story?!" and she's like RJ's way of giving us hints about what will happen.)

Hope to see you around! (Even though I usually lurk instead of post.)

Welcome, Cyura! *shakes the proffered hand* Glad to see you've found us!

Thanks for introducing yourself and giving us a little bit of background, hopefully we'll hear a good bit more from you.

I also lurked on these forums mostly for about a year before I finally ventured into the social groups and the Mafia games... there are quite a lot of lurkers, to be sure, but half the fun of this site is getting to know the other WoT fans and participating in the non-WoT related discussions and antics hereabouts. I wholeheartedly recommend checking out the social groups!

I didn't become a fan of the series myself until after Robert Jordan had passed away. Despite some quibbles with his writing style and such, Brandon Sanderson has done a great job stepping in and finishing the story for the fans and for Jordan's legacy. I've actually become a fan of Sanderson's work since reading TGS and TOM.

Min is pretty awesome, I have to agree, especially because of the mystery of her visions and how they will come to pass within the story. My favorites, though, are Mat and Nynaeve, mostly because of the humor and the stubborn, fierce loyalty that both of them display.

Which is your favorite of the books so far?

Nice topic title, welcome to the boards!

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Welcome, Cyura! *shakes the proffered hand* Glad to see you've found us!

Thanks for introducing yourself and giving us a little bit of background, hopefully we'll hear a good bit more from you.

I also lurked on these forums mostly for about a year before I finally ventured into the social groups and the Mafia games... there are quite a lot of lurkers, to be sure, but half the fun of this site is getting to know the other WoT fans and participating in the non-WoT related discussions and antics hereabouts. I wholeheartedly recommend checking out the social groups!

I didn't become a fan of the series myself until after Robert Jordan had passed away. Despite some quibbles with his writing style and such, Brandon Sanderson has done a great job stepping in and finishing the story for the fans and for Jordan's legacy. I've actually become a fan of Sanderson's work since reading TGS and TOM.

Min is pretty awesome, I have to agree, especially because of the mystery of her visions and how they will come to pass within the story. My favorites, though, are Mat and Nynaeve, mostly because of the humor and the stubborn, fierce loyalty that both of them display.

Which is your favorite of the books so far?

Well, so they say, the wheel weaves as the wheel wills, so I'll never know if I'll find the social groups interesting enough to lure me out of lurkdom. We'll see.

Hurhur. I think the main thing I like about Mat is his woolheadedness and sudden bouts of tactical genius; he became much more interesting after being hung and then rescued by Rand, me thinks. As for Nynaeve, well, if I knew her i'd have fed her sheepstongue root and rannel if she bossed me around the way she does.

*considers* I don't know if I have a favourite book, but I do have favourite bits. Here's a few:

- the Eelfinn and Aelfinn bits - they were crucial in developing the characters.

- the bowl of the winds arc - it was just an awesome breakaway from Rand's line of the story. (if you read this manga known as Claymore, you'll find a type of being very similar to the Gholam in terms of significance.)

- after Rand accepted leadership - idk, at some point, I was a bit like "just man up and do what you have to already!" and was glad to see him getting things going.

- dreamwalking bits - just good fun to read about women bickering

- Nynaeve and Elayne with the travelling circus - ditto.

welcome Cyura!!

Im Dice and im a bit of an oldtimer round here. My fav is mat and ure right he deefinetly got more interesting after Rhuidean! LOVED his story from FoH to Cos!

I hope you do come out of Lurkdom there should be SOMETHING thatll grab ure interest whether it be Spam Music History or Sig making!

Look around and feel free to just jump right in!

Ah! I love your name :biggrin:

Welcome to Dragonmount and may your thread find many kindred threads :wink:

Thanks - it's just one of those idk-what-it-means-but-i-like-how-it-sounds sort of name.

welcome Cyura!!

Im Dice and im a bit of an oldtimer round here. My fav is mat and ure right he deefinetly got more interesting after Rhuidean! LOVED his story from FoH to Cos!

I hope you do come out of Lurkdom there should be SOMETHING thatll grab ure interest whether it be Spam Music History or Sig making!

Look around and feel free to just jump right in!

Haha, yeah, that post count speaks volumes about that.

To be honest, this is a relatively new moniker that I made for writing/book-related fandoms, because I felt the need to seperate that from the spam generated by my myriad of interests and to actually consolidate/practise my writing. So I think I should check out the writer bits. (Though, to be honest, they don't seem very active here. Not sure if I've just been looking in the wrong place.)

Hi and welcome to DM, Cyura! Very nice to meet you and have you here :)

I was a lurker too, I lurked almost half a year before having enough courage to join :P Great you decided to do it too.

To be honest, Min isn't one of my absolute favorites, that place is for Siuan. But do you have a character you hate?

Feel free to ask if you've got any questions about the site or anything. I hope you'll like it here!!

Hi and welcome to DM, Cyura! Very nice to meet you and have you here :)

I was a lurker too, I lurked almost half a year before having enough courage to join :P Great you decided to do it too.

To be honest, Min isn't one of my absolute favorites, that place is for Siuan. But do you have a character you hate?

Feel free to ask if you've got any questions about the site or anything. I hope you'll like it here!!

Pleased to meet you too. :)

I don't think I have a character that I hate, but I do have some that I dislike. In general, I don't like Liandrin, the Black Ajah and the nobles, just because of who they are. (It's like...such petty evil.) I actually like the dark glamour of the Forsaken; I felt that their vices, character and backstories were completely understandable, if not something acceptable.

we love fresh blood

3-Shadows-Blood-brush-Sets.jpg

:wink: Yes we do :tongue:

And I don't like Liandrin that much either, but Valan Luca is probably my most disliked character. He just annoys me so much.

*nods* You said it well about the Forsaken dark glamour, I have always been very interested of their doings and thinkings too, and like to read about them.

Guest tar707

wish I was directing the films, if they are going to make WoT films, how will they compress the story into an acceptable number, I doubt whoever makes them is going to produce 14 movies, and they've got to be done well, more EPIC than Lord of the Rings!

Hello there and welcome to DM! If you're interested in writing, head on over to the RP side - we love fresh blood *winks*

Haha. While it is a tempting idea, I don't RP anymore; due to real-life commitments, I no longer have the time to RP consistently.

And I don't like Liandrin that much either, but Valan Luca is probably my most disliked character. He just annoys me so much.

*nods* You said it well about the Forsaken dark glamour, I have always been very interested of their doings and thinkings too, and like to read about them.

I think a good word to describe that man would be oily. Like, somehow, in my mind, there's always something mildly unwashed about him; slimy-haired, maybe.

wish I was directing the films, if they are going to make WoT films, how will they compress the story into an acceptable number, I doubt whoever makes them is going to produce 14 movies, and they've got to be done well, more EPIC than Lord of the Rings!

Funny you should mention making WoT into movies; me and my friend (who loves WoT too) were watching LotR with our pals last night. We concluded a few things:

- LotR and WoT have too many things in common for comfort. Lan and Aragorn, Frodo and Rand, Moraine and Gandalf (haha), Orcs and Trollocs....

- But WoT would be far more awesome, just because of the plot complexity and the fact that there are major female characters, to say the least.

- LotR is long, with each movie lasting about 3 hours. A movie for just one novel would be longer than that, which would be too much to take in one sitting, unless they made it into 2 parts, which means 28 movies thus far. Which means a change of cast would be necessary at some point.

- It might be a good idea to make Peter Jackson direct this one too, just for the lols.

Archived