DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and Women

Maleshub

Rand and the Ladies  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Rand lady? And why?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aviendha because her relationship with Rand covered a relatively long time in the 3 Fold Land, Cairhien, and Caemlyn. And she met him later in Arad Doman. But both are trying to resist the relationship: Aviendha out of toh to Elayne and Rand traumatized by seeing her dead in Caemlyn by Rahvin's trap.

She started out and continues to be a binding cord for Rand with his people, the people he will break and whose blood he will shed in the tens of thousands, the people he will slay with the sword of peace and destroy with the leaf. The only nation or people to follow Rand through thick and thin and whose dedication to him did not waver. They are the fuel to his engine; and they are willingly burning to fulfill his and their destiny.

Aviendha could have had Rand as she was the first, and he wanted to marry her; but she felt the need to fulfill her duty to Elayne; and .... well I just think their relationship is an awesome reading. And I cannot wait for them to reconnect in AMoL.

========

LoC; Matters of Toh (19)

She stared at him with those big eyes. He could spend all day just trying to decide whether they were blue or green. No. He had no right to think about her eyes. What had happened after she made that doorway - to run from him - made no difference. He especially had no right to think about that.

"You trouble me so, Rand al'Thor," she said without a bit of heat. "Light, sometimes I think the Creator made you just to trouble me."

I voted Aviendha. But Min and her were pretty much tied. The reason is because both of them have what I feel like is an actual relationship with Rand.

With Elayne, it was some lustful moments in Tear and maybe they did like each other, but to me there wasn't any time at all for them to fall truly in love.

Egwene was interested in Rand, and maybe fascinated, but I don't think that they were ever really in love with each other and were more just fond of each other.

And Lanfear, well, she is evil and she wants him just so that they can rule the world together.

But Aviendha, and Min, both have had time to truly get to know Rand and develop a relationship. Aviendha with her having to teach him and be with him all the time pretty much throughout Shadow Rising and Fires of Heaven and a little of Lord of Chaos. Min pretty much always being with him from middle of Lord of Chaos until now. So, maybe I'm moreso saying that I like the Rand/Aviendha and Rand/Min relationships more than the others, but oh well. I actually do like Aviendha probably the most with Min second, so that doesn't really change.

Min. She's the only one who actually seems to even like him. Aviendha's about as prickly to him as a railroad spike (though I do like her as a character other than that) and Elayne just sided with Egwene against him without even trying to talk to him (though again I do like her as a character).

Mierin is evil.

And so is Egwene :tongue:

Also, grrrr the font sizes have gone crazy.

Min. She's the only one who actually seems to even like him.

Even though I voted for Aviendha (who had the best chemistry with Rand), I have to agree with this. Elayne barely spent any time with him and rarely has anything to say about him that isn't a complaint. With Aviendha, there's always the sense that he is not Aiel enough for her. Only Min seems to actually like him as he is.

Avi, She's my favorite girl in Wot [ but I really love them all] Reading about Her and Rand just was awesome and I have always said I think Avi has been a little forgotten in the later books. RJ just built Her into such a strong character in TDR, TSR, and FoH, I just love Her........

Sorry Min n Elayne.......

What exactly is the question here? Which of those women is best suited for Rand or which do I like the most as a character? I like Elayne the best out of those three in general, but her "romance" with Rand is flat out terrible. Min is clearly the one who makes Rand most happy and at ease, so she'd be my choice if the criteria is who suits him best.

I have always said I think Avi has been a little forgotten in the later books. RJ just built Her into such a strong character in TDR, TSR, and FoH, I just love Her........

Yeah I agree. Ever since she went with Elayne and co to Ebou Dar, she has been a secondary character. She wasn't a major character in Ebou Dar, or much anything after (although she did help with the Bowl I guess), then went to Caemlyn and bonded Rand but then all she did was basically be Elayne's second body guard after Birgitte. And then was summoned back to the Wise Ones only to have a couple of chapters in tGS and then a couple more in ToM.

Elayne because I have a penchant for snooty, posh girls!!!

But Min is the only one who can give Rand what he needs and her love for him has genuine affection. Much as I like Avi, she's just utterly crazy. If the taint wasn't bad enough, her toh and general behaviour would finish him off soon enough!

Min is by far the for the long haul marriage type. It seems like its hinted at in the books by her being the only one thus far introduced to Rands father it made the relationship seem more real.

Min's the only one he developed a real relationship with, in the modern sense of the word.

Elayne he met once or twice, they spent a few days making out, she decides she's in love and bam they're married.

Aviendha and he barely spoke a civil word to eachother, except for when they hooked up in the snow, right up until their marriage. She got a bit better post-hookup, but not much.

Min is the only one he met, got to know, talked with, decided he liked her and she liked him, grew closer, then eventually ended up in a full blown relationship. She's the only one who actually shares her life with him, and vice versa, Elayne and Aviendha are off doing their own thing except for the occasional catch up.

Jordan really seems to buy into the whole 'love at first sight' concept, which is weird in someone who isn't a teenage girl, a rom-com writer or a medieval poet.

I've already got the notch in the 'ol belt for the "girl next door"; hell, I married her. Min I guess would be good for when I'm just looking for a standard Friday Night at the Lurk31 house. Elayne...how do I put this and not get banned...she would be an awesome romp in the bedchambers. She seems like you can do anything you want to and still leave her smiling, but after a few times being chased arround the bedroom would get kinda clingy. Worth trying at least once in your life, but you have to remember to shake her off before it gets out of hand. Avienda, however...yeah, I voted for Avienda. Because she seems like the type that, after you track her through the blizzard, would chase YOU arround the bedroom.

I figured Min would be the popular vote, so I went with Aviendha. Min and Rand's relationship seems fairly normal and natural, and it's probably the most healthy one. However, Min admits to herself that her "type" is an older, more worldly man. Would she be in love with him under "normal" circumstances? Who knows. Randvienha on the other hand seems like a couple with a bit more magnetism. Their relationship, while rocky, progressed the most entertainingly. It's gotten boring since their one and only encounter, but hopefully they can pick up again. But while they're my favorite pair, if it's going end with just two being together, Min makes the most sense. Assuming he's alive after it's all said and done, he'll probably want a quiet life in a cottage somewhere. Elayne and Avi have people to rule. Maybe they'll still make conjugal visits :)

I think Avi and Rand's relationship, while not as developed as Min, has great potential. She is away from him alot, but it is different than Elayne, who doesn't bother with even telling him she is pregnant, when basically everyone else knows, I mean, they have travelling, it isn't that hard to pop in and say "hey, Rand, I am having your babies. Got to go, busy ruling Andor and Cairhien." But that is for another discussion.

Avi and Rand actually, while they were together, got along quite well. (Yes, I know, the whole Aiel waste part wasn't getting along. I am talking after she admitted her feelings for him) Her absence and refusal to talk to him in tGS etc.. is understandable, she is Aiel, they have strange concepts, she does want to be with him and finds him a priority, however, due to Aiel custom and all that about honour (again, why she wont see him in tGS.) is, while silly to us, a legitimate reason to her. In fact, she does all of this to help Rand, I believe it is the reason she pushes herself so hard. To gain the honour and status she believes she needs to help him fully. This is unlike Elayne, who does what she does for Andor and her position as queen, not out of desire to help Rand.

So I see Avi as similar to Min, they both are equal in my opinion, both striving to help Rand the best way they can. It just so happens that for Min, it means staying near him all the time and for Avi, she has to travel and avoid him.

Archived