DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rahvin live or dead

Phariah

ok we seen in GS how Rand uses compulsion to check if he kills his intended target. than in ToM we see it from the Forsaken's view. Aran and Delina die and the compulsion dissappears, no trace it is erased.

now in ToM we have Morgase and Elayne talking. Morgase still feels something towards Rahvin, and Elayne offers to get her healed. if Rahvin died to Rand's balefire shouldn't the compulsion be erased also? to add to this Ny was there when Rahvin died but she saw a flash and he was gone. there was no moment of black/ white dust motes.

we know someone who channeled died because Avi and others were brought back from death. yet Morgase didn't have her compulsion removed.

is he alive somewhere and faked his death much like Greandal did? use another channeler for the attack on Rand's forces when they arrived.. he than escaped Rand but to cover his escape balefires the extra, or rand kills the extra not Rahvin?

this is just a random thought that hit me on my recent rereads.

i did a quick check and didn't see this anywhere. if this has been beaten to death sorry just ignore. haven't been here for a bit.

ya i had that thought also. it just seems funny how it is brought up. also how Rahvin wasn't seen actually hit and turned all to motes of dust.

Adding to EP's post...

We know that with enough Balefire, you can burn someone's thread back in the pattern. This burning erasing their past actions. In this case, Rahvin's actions led to the death of Mat, Asmo, and Avi. By burning his thread back to before that action, those characters came back to life.

Prior to the DO's confirmation, I thought it was possible that Rahvin was still alive. As I remember it, there was enough ambiguity in the death of Mat, Asmo, and Avi that it could have been caused by someone else. Perhaps this someone else was hit with a stray stream of balefire. I linked those characters coming back to life to Rahvin's BF death, but at that point there was room for a conspiracy theory.

It all depends on the strength of the Balefire. Though, I think RJ or BS said somewhere that you might get 30 minutes or so back with a Choden Kal strength balefire. In Morgases case, she was gone weeks prior to Rhavin getting smoked so her compulsion would still be in effect.

Archived