DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WT/Warder Pet Picture Thread

So here's Cowboy (mine) and Pudge (my sister's) now (Pudge is in front, Cowboy is in back. You can tell because Pudge has the white sleeve):

560075_3895717202187_1010018133_n.jpg

(they were giving my leg a bath)

And now you finally get to meet my dogs!!!

Toby here is "my" dog. He is part black lab (and we don't know what else) and is around 12 years old. He is the most polite and loving dog on the planet, and is my sweetheart :) He is starting to lose his hearing and eyesight, and seems to have "selective hearing" at times, but he is still very well behaved. He was a little distraught when we first got the pups, but he seems fairly at ease with them now.

He has recovered from his illness. They think he might have gotten a parasite somehow, but he's back to his happy active self now!

(See "My Companion" in my blog for more about Toby)

246510_3893750873030_1090192961_n.jpg

And here is how we often find him sleeping:

543591_3893738512721_1011978702_n.jpg

Yup, that blanket is wrapped around/under him :P he does it himself

Now for the brothers. I want to say that they are around 3... Their mother was a smallish German Shepard, so we think she might have been some sort of mix possibly, and we have no clue what their dad was. We think they also might be part Australian Shepard because of how their sisters looked

There's a bit of a cool story to them. Their mother's owners got her from a rescue shelter, not realizing she was pregnant. They actually hadn't wanted to deal with the whole "puppy thing." They found out she had heart worms so they gave her treatment for that. It was only after that that they found out that she was pregnant. The heart worm treatment is not good for baby pups!

It also screwed up Bella (momma) and her pregnancy. She didn't go into labor when she should have so they eventually did a c-section on her. Now the vet was incompetent in yet another way. In a dog c-section, they're supposed to do something special with the scent of the puppies and the mom so that the mother knows that the puppies are hers. The vet didn't do that.

Out of the ten puppies, five were stillborn. One of them was born ok but then seemed to slowly become paralyzed and died the morning of day two.

Left were two boys and two girls. Eventually Bella kinda figured out that these pups that were being put with her and trying to feed were hers, and she started taking care of them properly (before them she just tolerated feeding but didn't really clean them or anything), but it took... 4-5 days.

My sister is friends with the sister in the family that owned Bella, so we ended up going up there to see the pups. Since Bella didn't know that they were hers and wasn't very protective, we were able to hold them when they were only two days old!!! (Yes we washed hands and stuff) We adopting both of the boys, and they still get to see their mom every now and then!

We've not run into any health problems with them as a result of the heart worm treatment.

So here's Tucker. He is easy going (for whatever reason, he lets his brother chew on his fur) and will do anything for food and listens the least well. He is also very skilled at slipping out doors and his favorite game once he's outside is tag >.> We've decided that he's an explorer because he loves car rides and when he's in the car he tries to climb into the passenger seat to look out the front and side windows. He is quite a bit bigger than his brother, but he was actually the runt (I can't remember if that was out of all of them or out of the ones that survived birth):

559423_3893739832754_920924868_n.jpg

See how his fur is lighter around his shoulders? That's where he gets chewed on. There's whole patches where it seems like the outer layer is gone and his coat is pretty thin around there anyway. We have no clue why he puts up with it.

Then here's the brother Teddy. Teddy seems more well behaved, but in my opinion he's sneaky and does the mischievous stuff as soon as your back is turned. He is the one that barks the most, and is rather mean to his (bigger) brother but listens to Toby. He doesn't sneak outdoors as often.

295064_3893740232764_135901608_n.jpg

It's kinda funny though. A lot of times, we find them sleeping next to each other in the exact same positions (which can be some sort of odd mess with them lying on their backs with paws in all sorts of directions...)

*edited for grammatical and spelling mistakes that I just noticed*

*edited again because the pics weren't showing up*

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was suggested in my dorm that I come check out this thread and intro my animals to everyone... so here they are...

My dog Appa.. this is when he was just over a year:

WP_000005.jpg

And a more recent one from Christmas:

Appa-Christmas2011.jpg

And kitty #1 Jynx:

Jynx.jpg

And kitty #2 Eithne:

eithne.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As Cyan asked from me, here are the pictures of my cats and my dog:

2011-12-25084715.jpg

Those are my two cats. The grey is called Ziggy, and the brown/black/white is called Zazi.

20120227_074727.jpg

This is Jenny, my old shepherd :) She is shy, so its hard to get good pics of her.

• 2 months later...

8057_352478311494562_433098172_n.jpg

My cat, Phoebe is the Mama cat

427305_352478831494510_127088951_n.jpg

My little girl... Nyx is the baby... I saved her from a car engine

376611_352478854827841_1425914948_n.jpg

My man... Ares, my mom saved him.. and he is Nyx's brother

302433_352478884827838_83131668_n.jpg

Sophie, the odd cat... she mostly keeps to herself, but she's the oldest, and is like Phoebe's sister

221628_127798833962512_5547799_n.jpg

Phoebe and my late dog Jackson... I miss him

• 2 weeks later...

I was dancing with Toby and then he gave me a kiss (taken from my sis' iPod Touch so not the best quality).

It's kinda interesting because he's not much of a licking dog, but he decided to just now.

And because he was so sweet about it, I didn't really mind (since having my chin/neck bitten by a black lab when I was 10, I've been uncomfortable with dogs near my face. I guess Toby's an exception :P )

422373_469097919774732_1478287330_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived