DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sword Training - amegakure (and anyone that wants to join in)

The day was cloudy, but that would not stop the Tower Guards from doing their training, and Rekinu was no exception. Actually, he felt slightly cold because Arafel is much farther north, and much hotter there. The training was doing him good, and he was working through his routine, keeping his actions slow and deliberate. He had decided to leave his shirt behind, it would get very warm while he was practicing and he would shower anyways afterwards... one less thing for him to wash.

As he went through his movements, using the practice sword from the rack, his movements became more fluid and his years of practice started to show through as he sped up.

about noon, he noticed that there was someone there observing him. He looked young, but his eyes spoke of experience, trials, and intelligence. Rekinu slowed, and stopped, his chest rising and falling with ease from the exertion.

Stepping over lightly, he extended his hand to the youth. "Good afternoon. May I help you with something?"

Eager to train

Rekinu Alasayaar

Sore and weary from the late trials that had befallen him, Junoku clambered down the greened hills encompassing the training yard. Pulling his hood so only strands of his long white mane showed he shifted the double scabbard on his back. His black cloak trailed behind him but never hindering his movement. At last he arrived at the area most populated by warders and tower guards.

Letting his gaze flicker to each and everyone. The best was the only option for him, he had always been a hard worker and a diligent learner, and he figured the best training came from the harshest of teachers. Those were the ones that make your muscles ache for days, and your mind burn with new knowledge that you might not have even believed possible. Like back from his home city where he had never believe the frightful tales of Aie Sedi, and then before his very eyes he meets one casting lightning like the sun cast shadows.

At last he found a man who bore a blade and a thousand scars, the sun gleamed down on him, making the sweat glisten on his body. Watching ever move and twitch of his body, Junoku mentally stored even this small amount of knowledge, swords were the work of the rich and he had never needed any, when he could merely poison the wine they would embellish in that night, or swift dagger across the throat after sleep had taken it blissful embrace. The man spun in a passion fill Ecstasy as he flowed from form to form, their eyes met and the man slowed his dance just as suddenly as he started. Stepping forward he offered his hand, and in a deep voice ask. "Good afternoon. May I help you with something?" Junoku meet his eyes and levely said. "I want to learn everything."

Edited by amegakure

(OOC: I dont think Rekinu has THAT many scars... *g* J/k)

IC:

"I want to learn everything."

Rekinu laughed heartily at that one... What a statement! Wiping his eyes, he chuckled and responded "Well, then you shall be learning for a long time!" Becoming more somber, covering the emotion everywhere but his eyes, he continued. "In truth, when you learn how to use the blade, you never stop learning. If you stop learning new things, it is because you are not challenged, and the next fight you will be beat." Picking up a training sword on the rack he was standing next to, he tossed it lightly to the young man in front of him. Upon quicker inspection, he threw another.

"Like to fight with two swords, huh? Alright, I shall work with you on your movements, speed, and overall actions. In return, you will fetch me breakfast after we are done... " staying serious only long enough to see the mans face harden, then he laughed even louder than he had before. "just kidding, just kidding!"

"Have you ever seen, or heard of the Game of Stones? It is all about moving your piece in opposition, yet in union with your opponent. Strike at me slowly, like you would if I were an enemy, and I will show you what I mean." Hesitating, the young man obeyed, faster than Rekinu desired for the action, and he threw up his sword to block instead of the maneuvering that he was expecting.to do. "Not like that! Slowly, like this." He mimicked striking at the youth, stopping before his blade could touch him. He stepped back, and motioned for him to try again, while saying, "Now you should tell me your name, as it is only proper for training buddies to know who each other are.

(OOC: have them do a couple of turns, Rekinu is going to correct your guys foot stance, and the way he holds his blade, and then will do some light sparring with him on my post.)

Junoku release the man's hand and took a respectable step back, looking curiously at the man who shook with laughter! Bewildered, he decided that he must persist through this trial. The man was testing him to see how he handled constuctive criticism. Then after wiping the tears from his face the man spoke, replying to his comment, and to Junoku's horror he realized his own error, one should not expect to learn everything, otherwise they would be only a fool who in the end learns nothing at all. Nodding curtly he bowed and placed his eyes to the ground as was custom to one of the brotherhood who had shamed themselfs.

Then a wooden sword landed in front of him, and within seconds he saw another sword clatter to the ground. Picking them up he twirled them around deftly but without knowing really what he was doing. The warder requested him to strike at him and without a second thought, he spang forward one sword coming down the other from the side. The warder causully blocked both blades, but shouted. "Not like that! slower!" Slowly swinging his own sword toward junoku. Junoku replied in the same and realized that this would be quite different then the training he had recived in the underground, then he said. "My name is Junoku. And what do you call yourself."

• 3 weeks later...

"My name is Junoku. And what do you call yourself."

"Junoku, ehh? Mine is Rekinu Alasayaar. I hail from the Borderlands, Arafel if you cared to know." Rekinu stepped back for a moment, thinking. Junoku was fast, much faster than he had given credit for, but his attack had left him WIDE open.

"The first thing you need to think of is this. As a Tower Guard, we will need to be practiced in fighting many foes. Aes Sedai have many enemies, and on missions it is common, especially once you fight Trollocs to be in the minority in a fight. You fight with two swords, and while that gives you an advantage, it can be enhanced greatly by staying in the defensive as you move through different attack patterns."

Rekinu hesitated a bit more, weighing his options before asking a question. "Before we move on, what Sword forms are you familiar with?"

Intrigued by the man who stood before him junoku stood in wrapped attention. He agreed with the statements on staying in defensive while following from attack to attack. Although that's what the left blade was for. Being cast from a sturdier material but smaller in size, which allowed it too counter attacks and still remain solid after a beating. Lower the blades he took a step back and contemplated the question his new mentor had just asked him. Slowly he replied. "I know of none. We never used swords in the under ground of ilian."

Junoko looked at him, almost in a funny manner, but soon replied; "I know of none. We never used swords in the under ground of Illian."

"I see." Rekinu replied. In his mind, he thought well, we shall have to rectify that.

He motioned for Junoko to put one of his weapons down. "First we will go through a few starting threads, and then we will add in the second sword, alright?"

He stood motionless, and then achieved the void. After years of practice it was easy, like picking a flower. At least, when there was no distractions it was. Irregardless, the void achieved, he spoke, with out looking at Junoko. His voice was cold. As lifeless as the previous conversation had been with laughter. "The first ones to learn are how to pull, and return your blade to and from its scabbard." He first demonstrated pulling from above his left shoulder (in the Arafallin fashion), using his left hand to simulate the location of the scabbard and then returned it. After wards, he did it from hip height as well, swapping hands. "I did from both, as that is where I keep my swords. You try.now. Pull your practice weapon . The idea is that once you have your weapon drawn tou will be prepared to start any Sword Form."