Should I read New Spring first?

tommcd24

Do you use last.fm?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use last.fm?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't heard of it, but will do so now

Hello all, I'm a new member to Dragonmount. I read the books through Path of Daggers a number of years ago and am planning to re-read those books before picking up the newer books.

I'm wondering if I should start with New Spring first or if I should start with The Eye of the World and read through to the end before reading New Spring.

What do you recommend?

^ I read the same short story in the same book before I ever read WoT, and it doesn't really matter if you do or don't. However, all you read in that anthology was a short snippet from the full novel of New Spring...so if you really want to, I'd buy the entire novel. But it really isn't neccessary, I've yet to read New Spring and I've read the rest of the series several times through.

Go ahead and read the New Spring novel. Since you've already read past Fires of Heaven, I think it's a good book to read. It focuses on Moiraine and since her exit in Fires of Heaven it's a great book to gain some insight into the Moiraine character.

The version in Legends is about half of the new version, and there are some very interesting things about the White Tower in the new part to definitly make it worth reading.

And as Jonn said, since you are so far into the series it's definitly worth picking up now.

I started on the WoT about two or three years ago, can't remember prescisely. However, I read all the way past the Knife of Dreams before reading New Spring and actually found it extremely entertaining because of this.

Having already creating an attachment to these characters I was left delighted by the other little bits of infomation I was picking up about them without ruining the mystery of them in the rpevious books which gripped me at times as much as the story itself.

Thanks for all the replies. I got the full version of New Spring from my local library and read it. I also read all of the background info in the "World of The Wheel of Time" book regarding the Age of Legends, The Breaking, etc. It gives a little different perspective on things.

Archived