DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim is Demandred

mewy79

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been brought up before. I have just reread LOC and strongly believe that Taim is Demandred!!!

I think that RJ has already stated that this is not the case, but what if he is using a Aes Sedai loop hole whan answering the question.

What if Demanderd killed Taim, then made himself the imposter Taim. This would make RJ 100% true when saying it is not Taim (because its not its Demandred)

This would also explain why Bashere does not recognize him in Caemlyn.

Any thoughts on this topic?

You're wrong, on all accounts. 1 RJ flat out said no, 2 Bashere was being cautious makeing 100% sure it was Taim it even says something along those lines in the book most likely options for Taim is either someones apprentice or Moridin and I am leaning on it being an apprentice

I just think its weird that at the begining of LOC Demandred goes to meet the dark one, he is given the orders to let Chaos rule. Then at the end of the book he returns to the dark one to see if he likes what he has done. The main things to take place in LOC is Taim going to start the black tower and the capture of Rand by Elaida's crew. The capture of Rand had already been organized and Messanna is all over that, which leaves the black tower as the thing Demandred is wanting praise for!!!

I just think its weird that at the begining of LOC Demandred goes to meet the dark one, he is given the orders to let Chaos rule. Then at the end of the book he returns to the dark one to see if he likes what he has done. The main things to take place in LOC is Taim going to start the black tower and the capture of Rand by Elaida's crew. The capture of Rand had already been organized and Messanna is all over that, which leaves the black tower as the thing Demandred is wanting praise for!!!

You are assuming we have seen everything, or at least most of what Demandred did. That is most likely not the case.

You are assuming we have seen everything, or at least most of what Demandred did. That is most likely not the case.

True, but Sammael says to Graendal that Demandred or Semirhage may have been involved in Rand's capture, despite how it ended. It ended with the Ashaman rescuing Rand. Which would definitely be unlikely if Taim is reporting to Demandred.

It is possible however that Taim was one of Demandred's proxies at the time, meaning his actions were at Demandred's behest.

Later, given the Moridin associations, his master might have changed.

One thing though. At one point he is showing some visitors around the Black Tower. While doing so, he has his hand tucked behind his back, stiffly. The same hand that Rand lost IIRC. This might suggest that he is Moridin.

I know RJ denied that Taim is Demandred. But in the very same post he said sometimes the most straightforward answer is the most devious, or something to that effect anyhow. I think Taim IS Demandred. There is too much evidence pointing to it. Let the Lord of Chaos Rule? Really? and these So called Aes Sedai? The fact he has not gone insane? I think there is way more to it than a very simple Taim is Demandred, but, I think he is!

I know RJ denied that Taim is Demandred. But in the very same post he said sometimes the most straightforward answer is the most devious, or something to that effect anyhow.

Not true. Not only did RJ say Taim is not Demandred multiple times, he also expressed surprise that people linked the two and claimed he didn't intend that to be the case. They are not and were never meant to be the same person.

I know RJ denied that Taim is Demandred. But in the very same post he said sometimes the most straightforward answer is the most devious, or something to that effect anyhow. I think Taim IS Demandred. There is too much evidence pointing to it. Let the Lord of Chaos Rule? Really? and these So called Aes Sedai? The fact he has not gone insane? I think there is way more to it than a very simple Taim is Demandred, but, I think he is!

In WH, at Cleansing, Demandred did not recognize Flinn. If he is Taim, it's not possible, since Flinn is the first Ashaman, the first man he tested.

Do you really think one forsaken will dime another out? Hmmmm I distinctly remeber a post where RJ said Demandred was not posing as Taim, but the most straightforward respose was often the most devious...I dont remember any flat denials, can you direct me to them please?

nterview: 2010

Twitter 2009-2010 (WoT) (Verbatim)

Shivam Bhatt (28 July 2010)

There's no way in hell that Demandred ISN'T Taim.

Brandon Sanderson (28 July 2010)

Except, you know, RJ saying five or six times he wasn't...

nterview: Jan 7th, 2003

COT Signing Report - Ted Herman (Verbatim)

Question

Is Taim Demandred?

Robert Jordan

No, that is totally bogus.

Interview: Jan 16th, 2003

COT Signing Report - Matthew Julius (Paraphrased)

Matthew Julius

It's been said that you mentioned that Mazrim Taim is not Demandred. There seems to be some confusion on whether or not you said that.

Robert Jordan

Mazrim Taim is not Demandred.

Interview: Jan 16th, 2003

COT Signing Report - Tim Kington (Paraphrased)

Tim Kington

Taim is clearly not Demandred, right?

Robert Jordan

(Disgusted) I've said that before, and it's not Taim, it's Ta-eeem.

Guest Seancassley

Taim may not even be evil. Just a power hungry, half crazed lunatic who believes that through chaos the Asha'man will all grow stronger and fiercer.

Taim may not even be evil. Just a power hungry, half crazed lunatic who believes that through chaos the Asha'man will all grow stronger and fiercer.

There are a number of things that tie him to the shadow..."Let the Lord of Chaos Rule", Moridin's colors, sigil, dreamspike etc.

ok it's clearly not a Moridin's colors thing as one of the early introduced forsaken had the same colors (not talking about Ishy) it could however be a Forsaken color scheme that they adopted at one time or another and then dropped after re-emerging but the clinching hand behind his back that was mentioned before could be an indication of him being Moridin (highly unlikely but possible) I'm really shocked that this discussion has gone on so long as RJ has clearly stated Taim is not Demandred it's just like the Olver/Cain debate where people still think Olver is Cain I think Olver is just a plot device to show Mat maturing but anyways enough of that this debate is really meaningless based on WoG

Archived