DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fades

dazparra

There are many occasions within the books so far of Trollocs and there nasty diet of eating anything they can get their hands on... especially their victims... but nowhere in the books so far have we seen if the fades join in these feasts?? Do fades need to eat?? we know the gholom needed fresh blood to survive through it's point of view....

what do we know about fades? do they eat? if so what?

As Myrddraals are trolloc spawn it's just so very likely that their requirements for nutrition are similar to those of the Trollocs. It's their other ...appetites...that are possibly even worse and what sets them appart from their more bestial bretheren.

trollocs were created by Aginor using TP to mix human DNA with animal. Fades are sterile male "throwbacks" where the DNA mix had an unintended result. As a result, they're smarter, closer to human-looking (no animal heads, no horns or hooves, height of tall human rather than 10-feet plus), etc. They'd eat whatever trollocs eat.

They will or they won't. The TP isn't simply the method of their creation, it remains in them. For proof, we know that the DO has power over them (they obay the FS mark, for example) and that they cannot Travel. It's what gives them their extraordinary abilities, such as traveling between shadow. I don't think that drinking blood, or not eating at all, would be any stranger.

As Seeker says, we're probably not meant to know for sure. I do wonder, however, if braving an interview with a member of the BA is the smart thing to do here :wink:

trollocs were created by Aginor using TP to mix human DNA with animal. Fades are sterile male "throwbacks" where the DNA mix had an unintended result. As a result, they're smarter, closer to human-looking (no animal heads, no horns or hooves, height of tall human rather than 10-feet plus), etc. They'd eat whatever trollocs eat.

Just for clarification, it's not that Fades are sterile, it's that there sperm makes human and trolloc women sterile. Pretty much amounts to the same thing I guess...

What I wonder about Fades, is why there aren't any female Fades. Fade semen does make trolloc and human females sterile, but I wonder if it would do the same to a female Fade, if such a thing were even remotely possible. Of course, if there were female Fades, then there could be even more "human" throwbacks that were the offspring of Fades.

Just for clarification, it's not that Fades are sterile, it's that there sperm makes human and trolloc women sterile. Pretty much amounts to the same thing I guess...

It doesn't make them sterile, it just kills the individual ova in the moment of conception.

It doesn't make them sterile, it just kills the individual ova in the moment of conception.

Yup, I didn't explain it the right way. Thanks mate...

Archived