DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Attention all!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the absence of your Mother, I would be remiss in overlooking this opportunity to influence your moral upbringing. Now gather around, oh blessed youth of the White Tower, for I shall tell you the story of Nemo the Fish and how he bravely searched for his father.

*reconsiders*

On second thought, I should not. I see Warders casting the long eye and the longer knife in my direction.

In the absence of your Mother, I would be remiss in overlooking this opportunity to influence your moral upbringing. Now gather around, oh blessed youth of the White Tower, for I shall tell you the story of Nemo the Fish and how he bravely searched for his father.

*reconsiders*

On second thought, I should not. I see Warders casting the long eye and the longer knife in my direction.

Do Manshima count as "youth" by any chance? I'd love to hear of Nemo :D

Well, I suppose I could tell the darlings a story. *clears throat* *cape flourish*

Now, the ocean is a very large place and there are a great many things that dwell in the air above and the waters below. Nemo was a prince of fishes and his father was the King of Fishes and they swam below the water.

Now, every tale must have a villain and this one is no different. A grouchy old man sailed the seven seas aboard the Good Ship Venus and his name was Captain Ahab. Captain Ahab's crew aboard the Good Ship Venus were paragons of virtue and nary a moral aspersion could be cast upon these sea-bound persons but, as for Captain Ahab himself. Well. He was a tormented man who had lost all joy and happiness in life, except for one thing. He had a piano aboard the Good Ship Venus and this is the song he played late into the night and through the howling winds of the enraged ocean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhTsuGgUo3k

Nemo and his father were swimming in the ocean one day, as fish are wont to do, when a ship sailed by. It is always an ill-fated thing for fish when a ship passes near by and this was no different. A great net trawled behind the vessel and Nemo, unwise in the ways of the world, swam too close. His father, however, saw the imminent danger and rushed after his beloved fish-son.

"NEMO," he cried, "NEMO!" The danger was great but Nemo's ignorance was greater.

"Father," he called, "Father!" He wished to know why so many of their neighbors were gathered in the net but his father caught up with him.

"Nemo, they are our neighbors no longer." And as he cast a long glance at the many beloved fishly-citizens, Nemo saw their eyes were lifeless and hollow, looking far and away into the distance at a thing which could not be seen by the living. And his heart was broken.

"Now, let us go, my son." But as they turned to swim away, a second net came behind the first and snared away Nemo's father. Nemo, Prince of Fishes raced after the net but to no avail. His father was ensnared and could not break free. As the net dragged him away, he said to his son

"You are now King of the Fishes, Nemo. Avenge me." And the net was dragged to the world above the water.

Nemo wept long and hard in that spot. He was now King of the Fishes but his foolishness and reckless stunt had cost him his father. The exchange was a hard barter and no fishly gold could restore his beloved father to him. When he returned to the Fishly Palace of Heorot Hall, his best friend, Baby Beluga the Narwhal, asked him why his heart grieved.

"All glory has left me, Baby Beluga. All hearts are shattered, and darkness has settled upon Heorot Hall. My father is gone and I am now king. But woe take me, Baby Beluga, woe grind me to ash!"

Now, Baby Beluga was a narwhal and narwhals are loyal companions. They are also magical creatures, like unicorns of the sea, only that they do not fart rainbows like the other unicorns who run freely upon the land and through the forests do. Baby Beluga, who had swum so far and swam so free, swore to Nemo that he would help avenge his father and so they departed from Heorot Hall to the spot where Nemo's father had been ensnared.

"It was here, Beluga. This is the spot." Now, fate had worked strangely and the trawling ship was still there. Nemo and Beluga broke the surface and read strange words painted in gold and green upon the aft of the ship: Good Ship Venus. Her berth was wide and her sails could glide across the waves and her figurehead was a whore in bed, sucking upon a dead man's *clears throat*

*sips wine*

Now, a plan was working itself in Nemo's mind and his heart burned with sorrow and justice. He launched himself in full fury at the Good Ship Venus, fins hawk-winged and his eyes brimmed with red-hot tears, terrible was his might and his vengeance! He swam, juggernaut of anger, borne on oaths of love and loss and he break the waves, leaping high into the air above the waters, landing on the deck of the Good Ship Venus. Now, Nemo's wrath was just but he was unwise in the ways of the world and he found himself flopping, flailing helplessly upon the deck. A grouchy old man leaned over him and peered at him with a single cerulean eye.

"Now, you're a tiny little thing but I'll have you anyway." And so he did. He gave the captured Fish Prince to his first mate, Ishmael Ackbar, a peculiar man from a place without a name with wide, patient eyes. And Ismael Ackbar brought the Fish Prince to dinner.

nemo-sushi.jpg

Baby Beluga saw all of this, racing after his beloved Fish Prince Nemo, his narwhal horn gleaming bright gold in the sun's full light. The grouchy old man, Captain Ahab, turned and saw the raging narwhal and grasped the harpoon he held near, screaming

"To the last I grapple with thee! From hell's heart I stab at thee! For hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee!"

The harpoon struck true, and Baby Beluga was grievously wounded but the rope had wound itself around Captain Ahab and as Baby Beluga, who had swam so wild and swam so free, dove deep into the depths of darkness, the floundering old man who stabbed from hell's heart dove with him. And as Baby Beluga dove deeper into the murky deep, the waves rolled in and the waves rolled out. He sang a dirge beneath the waves, and the drowning Captain Ahab in tow heard the song and it was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZuPt74e_c

Now! Who wants to hear about the fluffy bunny rabbits of Watership Down?

Wow... *sniff* so good. 2 things though.

1) Narwals, being the unicorns of the sea, are actually whales that stole all the unicorns horns. That's how we got regular horses.

2) if only he was an admiral...

So did all you initiates like the story? I did.

Archived