DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello guys, first time posting.

RyanGilera

HI!!! (forgive my english - not my first language)I been reading WOT since 2004 and been lurking here for years now and took me 2 years to register and say hi LOL (thanks to audiobook contest going around >.<). I love WOT, but it sad to say goodbye to the series, that somehow became part of my life and inspired me to become who I am today. I felt like I grown up with these Two Rivers boys, felt their ups and downs and now the time for their last hurrah, I really really hope none of them will die, but with the tone Mr. Brandon set in the last book. I feel like we are threading a darker path in the end. Nuff of my whining. Just wanna say hello and hoping to be more active here in the future. It is sad I haven't met any WOT friends in the UK. LOL cheers :biggrin:

HI!!! (forgive my english - not my first language)I been reading WOT since 2004 and been lurking here for years now and took me 2 years to register and say hi LOL (thanks to audiobook contest going around >.<). I love WOT, but it sad to say goodbye to the series, that somehow became part of my life and inspired me to become who I am today. I felt like I grown up with these Two Rivers boys, felt their ups and downs and now the time for their last hurrah, I really really hope none of them will die, but with the tone Mr. Brandon set in the last book. I feel like we are threading a darker path in the end. Nuff of my whining. Just wanna say hello and hoping to be more active here in the future. It is sad I haven't met any WOT friends in the UK. LOL cheers :biggrin:

Hi welcome to DragonMount, hows life and were are you from?

Welcome to Dragonmount!

Who is your favourite character?

What is your favourite scene?

What is your first language? Just curious, English is not my first language too.

If you have any problems, just ask!

Hi welcome to DragonMount, hows life and were are you from?

I am pretty good, thanks. Just finishing my studies in the UK at the moment. I'm originally came from the Philippines, where I started reading WOT. Thanks to my friends, I am introduced to the world of magic, mystery and awesomeness epicness (lol is that a word?) :biggrin:

Welcome to Dragonmount!

What is your first language? Just curious, English is not my first language too.

Hmm fave character definitely Rand and Egwene (sorry I can't just pick one). I just don't understand why sudden hate to Egwene I have read from the posts I've seen in this forum. I love how from a farm girl, she was before, and now transformed into a very confident leader. I like that she has to impose old Aes Sedai tradition (for being one of them) instead of "hey let's all follow Dragon Reborn and go kill the Dark One". I like the complexity and politics going on in the White Tower dealings with Rand.

Fave scene? wow it's hard to pick one.. hmmm.. Ok I'll go for the chapter called "Veins of Gold", that really struck me, why? because it made me realized for the first time Rand had achieve God-like powers and we are in for huge epic battles like we never seen before.

First language? I speak Filipino mainly, English is my second language. Born and breed in the Philippines and then migrated to England.

I can understand why people hate Egewene. I hate too. When she becomes Amyrlin, she is just too good for me. I prefer Nynaeve.

Veins of Gold is one of my favourites. That is one of the best chapters in the whole series. The way Rand stops being cold. In ToM, there is a big improvement.

I don't think we have any Filipino here but feel free to settle. There are a lot from UK. You will find them across the forums.

I can understand why people hate Egewene. I hate too. When she becomes Amyrlin, she is just too good for me. I prefer Nynaeve.

Veins of Gold is one of my favourites. That is one of the best chapters in the whole series. The way Rand stops being cold. In ToM, there is a big improvement.

I don't think we have any Filipino here but feel free to settle. There are a lot from UK. You will find them across the forums.

Thanks for the warm welcome :biggrin: I really appreciate it :rolleyes:

Welcome to Dragonmount!

Hmm fave character definitely Rand and Egwene (sorry I can't just pick one). I just don't understand why sudden hate to Egwene I have read from the posts I've seen in this forum. I love how from a farm girl, she was before, and now transformed into a very confident leader. I like that she has to impose old Aes Sedai tradition (for being one of them) instead of "hey let's all follow Dragon Reborn and go kill the Dark One". I like the complexity and politics going on in the White Tower dealings with Rand.

Fave scene? wow it's hard to pick one.. hmmm.. Ok I'll go for the chapter called "Veins of Gold", that really struck me, why? because it made me realized for the first time Rand had achieve God-like powers and we are in for huge epic battles like we never seen before.

First language? I speak Filipino mainly, English is my second language. Born and breed in the Philippines and then migrated to England.

You speak Tagalog?

I admire Egwene in a way but I really don't like her that much. She is way too arrogant for my taste... in the last two books. I think she should be wise enough to realize the Dragon was reborn in this time for a reason, the taint is gone and he is the only hope for the world rather than making her own decisions on how the last battle is going to go down and how she is going to control/manipulate him. Moiraine learned that when she said that the world has danced to the tune of the Aes Sedai for thousands of years but now she realized that he must dance free.

Welcome.

Welcome to Dragonmount!

You speak Tagalog?

I admire Egwene in a way but I really don't like her that much. She is way too arrogant for my taste... in the last two books. I think she should be wise enough to realize the Dragon was reborn in this time for a reason, the taint is gone and he is the only hope for the world rather than making her own decisions on how the last battle is going to go down and how she is going to control/manipulate him. Moiraine learned that when she said that the world has danced to the tune of the Aes Sedai for thousands of years but now she realized that he must dance free.

Welcome.

Yes I do speak Tagalog. :) Where you from?

To each his own. :biggrin: I say give her a chance and I'm sure she'll come around in the last book. She must, or else the whole arc of gaining the amyrlin seat in the WT will be for nothing.

Welcome to Dragonmount!

You speak Tagalog?

Welcome.

Yes I do speak Tagalog. :) Where you from?

To each his own. :biggrin: I say give her a chance and I'm sure she'll come around in the last book. She must, or else the whole arc of gaining the amyrlin seat in the WT will be for nothing.

Oh, I am from the US but I have a nephew who is part Filipino and friends that are Filipino. My mother was European.

I hope you are right about Egwene!

Archived