DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Warbreaker

ironisles

Just finished it today. I know quite a few folks on here didn't like it, but I found it to be very good. Sanderson still throws twists that catch me off guard heh. I also liked the Breath magic system; pretty unique.

By the way, I tweeted Sanderson telling him I really enjoyed Mistborn, he actually replied thanking me for reading it. Made my afternoon heh.

Overall it wasn't one of my favorites - the magic system was kinda "eh", but it had some excellent moments and some very good characters IMO. And Lightsong is absolutely flipping hysterical.

Lightsong is boss.

That is all.

Didn't like it as much as his other works. It was okay. The magic system left me a little confused but I can deal with that. But I think the story over-all was a little too slow for my taste and if I'm being honest the almost constant description of a goddess's breasts was annoying.

I thought it was very similar to Elantris in many ways, Gods living in the same world as the ordinary people, after some form of death/rebirth, within their own city and then there was an inter-nation arranged marriage gone wrong. I think I noticed more similarities when I read it but I can't remember them right now. That being said I think Warbreaker was great, but maybe not quite as good as Elantris.

• 1 month later...

Overall it wasn't one of my favorites - the magic system was kinda "eh", but it had some excellent moments and some very good characters IMO. And Lightsong is absolutely flipping hysterical.

Lightsong is boss.

That is all.

much agreed.

It was ok. I loved mistborn, and stormlight archives is good so far. Warbreaker wasn't as good as those in my opinion, but still a good read. I'm re-reading on audiobook though, and i can't stand the narrator's lightsong. he sounds like a stoned surfer. or a fifth ninja turtle.

Archived