DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How will Morraine get along with Egwene?

Ace Sedai

I think that the two of them will get along just fine. Moraine probably already had some knowledge that Egwene would become all that she has now. The two did well in the Aiel Waste from what I remember. Her new measures of accepting novices of all ages might have Moiraine send for older women she encountered who have the potential to learn and some wilders to come to the tower. I think she will like the exchange program with the Aiel, Windfinders, and Kin.

She left her a promising young channeler who obviously looked up to her, comes back to find her as the Amrylin.

will this even be addressed[ so many threads to tie up]?

Moiraine suspected Egwene would eventually become Amyrlin at the beginning of the series. He thinks it when he see's Egwene sneaking Rand to her room in Fal Dara, to hide from from the Aes Sedai. I suspect she will be supprised at how soon it happened, but that's about it.

She left her a promising young channeler who obviously looked up to her, comes back to find her as the Amrylin.

Moiraine suspected Egwene would eventually become Amyrlin at the beginning of the series. He thinks it when he see's Egwene sneaking Rand to her room in Fal Dara, to hide from from the Aes Sedai. I suspect she will be supprised at how soon it happened, but that's about it.

i agree with that. might be a shocker for her at first but she thought it back in TGH and she was already treating Egwene as a sister after a while

i agree with that. might be a shocker for her at first but she thought it back in TGH and she was already treating Egwene as a sister after a while

If it is a "shocker", we'll never know it, unless we get her PoV. "The wheel weaves as the wheel wills" is probably all we'd get from her. Then, Bam! back to business. That's what made Mori cool.

The bigger question is probably the other side, how will Egwene handle Mori being back? That will be fascinating to see. Will she treat her as just another "daughter"? Will she be instantly vaulted to a Siuan-level advisory role? She did a lot for Egwene, but Egwene's position might make it very difficult to show much gratefulness.

Which basically means I expect even more hyperbolic and unreasonable Egwene hate after AMoL...

moirane will likely be on Rands side though so wont get along well with egwene

Possibly, but only once Rand explains it to her. I mean she was pretty parinoid about them breaking before she disappeared. And I'd like to point out Egwene might also be on Rand's side if he bothered to explain it to her. So if Egwene and Mori end up on opposite sits on that, it's still Rand's fault.

Also "won't get along" seems pretty harsh. Pretty sure they'll figure out a way to disagree on a course of action and not end their whole relationship over it.

The bigger question is probably the other side, how will Egwene handle Mori being back? That will be fascinating to see. Will she treat her as just another "daughter"? Will she be instantly vaulted to a Siuan-level advisory role? She did a lot for Egwene, but Egwene's position might make it very difficult to show much gratefulness.

Well, Moiraine is considered a legend by the other Aes Sedai for taking out two Forsaken, so it would look strange if Egwene didn't publicly laud her. On the other hand, Moiraine swore to obey Rand—by her own choice—and that oath still holds. That could make things awkward.

moirane will do what she can for rand though and the world, she always put that before the white tower so its unlikely to change. She just did it her own way until Rand made her swear to him.

without changing to egwene bashing I don't know Rand could convince her whatever he says anyway, so he will just have to manipulate like an aes sedai does. Perhaps moiraine could change this with Egwene though.

I wonder if Morraine's big part to play is convincing Egwene to see Rands side and support Him...... the wait will be the bloody death of me yet..

P.s. As well as joining Nynaeve in controlling Rand and Callandor at TG !!

I think Moraine will get along with Egwene but will be completely on Rand's side in the meeting, if she gets there in time. Either that or Moraine somehow now knows how to properly seal the dark one away forever and will relay that information to Rand as long as she can be one of the people to assist.

The main thing I ponder about when it comes to the last book is the Seachan. Too many possibilities. They have a force far strong enough to battle anyone in the world and they are currently about to fully invade the White Tower using travelling. How this effects the overall battle is going to be a major point to what will happen with the rest of the book. I think this event may become the intro of the book, or atleast happen in the very early chapters. Perhaps it occurs during the meeting when Egwene and many others are away? I see the Seachan totally destroying the white tower and then news of this being brought to the meeting somehow, which will completely shape the turn of events from then on out.

I don't have much thought on Moraine at the moment. Cool that she is back and all, but its just another Aes Sedai to throw into the pile. Well, 1 Aes Sedai that Rand actually likes anyway. Not too many of those to go around.

I think Moraine will get along with Egwene but will be completely on Rand's side in the meeting, if she gets there in time. Either that or Moraine somehow now knows how to properly seal the dark one away forever and will relay that information to Rand as long as she can be one of the people to assist.

The main thing I ponder about when it comes to the last book is the Seachan. Too many possibilities. They have a force far strong enough to battle anyone in the world and they are currently about to fully invade the White Tower using travelling. How this effects the overall battle is going to be a major point to what will happen with the rest of the book. I think this event may become the intro of the book, or atleast happen in the very early chapters. Perhaps it occurs during the meeting when Egwene and many others are away? I see the Seachan totally destroying the white tower and then news of this being brought to the meeting somehow, which will completely shape the turn of events from then on out.

I don't have much thought on Moraine at the moment. Cool that she is back and all, but its just another Aes Sedai to throw into the pile. Well, 1 Aes Sedai that Rand actually likes anyway. Not too many of those to go around.

Time for Mat to save the day..again...once more

Tuon being able to channel is either a massive red-herring or will come into play in AMOL, either way that combined with Mat and how Rand is now should neatly tie up the Seanchan.

Moiraine's reaction to Egwene will be interesting, to say the least, since she is (as was mentioned above) still sworn to Rand. On the other hand, she was always good at knowing more of what was going on than anyone else, so I can see her effectively telling Egwene to clam down and that Rand is acting correctly, or the like.

Archived