• Seanchan
    • Shara
    • Shienar
    • Tarabon
    • Tear

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one was surprisingly easy. I love many of the WoT locations, but most nations have huge cultural flaws that would make it difficult for me to defend them by adopting their nationality..... So it would have to be good old Engl.. I mean Andor, which is the least messed up.

I wouldn't have minded having a second home in some of the warmer coastal cities though. :biggrin:

I'd have to say Arafel. Being a Borderlander means that you always have to be prepared for fighting and death, but the Arafellin are also quite the ladies' men (from what I picked up from New Spring).

I'd have to say Arafel. Being a Borderlander means that you always have to be prepared for fighting and death, but the Arafellin are also quite the ladies' men (from what I picked up from New Spring).

Good choice.

For me, Andor from the choices given. Andorans are good, not always fighting, not corrupt, not living always fighting Blight. The rules are good and mostly the Queen is a good ruler. people are not starving. And the dresses are modest which couldn't be said for many other nations.

My first choice would have been Tar Valon if I could go to White Tower. I would just love being an Aes Sedai, maybe Brown. But that isn't in the choices so I said Andor.

While I would PREFER to be from Andor (Hello, England), I think I would have been born on the Coast (Navy Daughter) and end up living along the Blight. I chose Malkier. Why?

Marines + Malkier = Malkier still being there. They like blowing things up, or dying trying. We would definitely be stationed in Malkier.

Before I made my choice I went to wiki WoT and read in detail about each nation. There were some other countries I liked but I didn't want to wear a veil over my face all of the time, be around men who have top knots, say "do be," or be really short and play the Game of Houses. I'm not that sophisticated.

Tar Valon was not included because most people are not FROM Tar Valon - they move to Tar Valon - but that is not their nationality :biggrin:

Yes, I understand this, most, but not all. There are people living in the city. Siuan told Mat he could leave the Tower but not the city.

"The city of Tar Valon is the greatest in the world. It covers nearly the entire island on which it lies. It was one of the first cities built after the Breaking of the World (TGH, Ch. 18). Tar Valon is a very beautiful city. The White Tower rises from the center, but there are also spires, spirals and fluted towers that rise throughout the rest of the city. Some of them are close enough to be linked together by bridges that can be over a hundred feet up in the air. There are also towers along the city's walls, thrusting out into the river (NS, Ch. 4). There are many squares in Tar Valon, and every one of them has a fountain or a monument located in the center. The buildings themselves are grander than the monuments that you can find in most other cities. The lavish homes of the wealthy merchants and bankers sport domes and spires and colonnaded walks, and even the homes of ordinary folk are ornamented with carvings and friezes. Many of the buildings in Tar Valon can pass for palaces. Almost all of the buildings in Tar Valon were built by Ogier. On some of the buildings, the Ogier stonemasons were even given a free hand, and they therefore surpass all beauty. The homes of the merchants and bankers are interspersed with shops, inns, taverns, stables, apartment buildings and the homes of ordinary folk."

*nods* also there is no reference as to Tar Valon being a person's nationality - if we had been talking which city people wanted to be from it would have been included but there is never a mention of a Tar Valoni, or Tar Valonese or Tar Valonien, etc.

*nods* also there is no reference as to Tar Valon being a person's nationality - if we had been talking which city people wanted to be from it would have been included but there is never a mention of a Tar Valoni, or Tar Valonese or Tar Valonien, etc.

Not necessarily. One could simply say "I am from "Tar Valon." Tar Valon is a city-state of sorts, it is surrounded by villages and it rules itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Andor, because the Two Rivers is part of that country and that's where i can see myself. I live in a very rural area and I love it!!!

Found this link that compares RL nations to Randland nations, it's pretty cool.

http://steelypips.org/wotfaq/3_sources/3.14_countries.html

But according to this I would probably sound like a Seanchan, lol.

Archived