DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Narishma.......................

CowardsLiveLonger

I may totally be making something out of nothing but I noticed something thats annoying me and I wondered if anyone could just put this straight for me!

Well I'm rereading tSR and I noticed something in this bit of prophercy:

"Into the heart he thrusts his sword,

into the heart, to hold their hearts.

who draws it out shall follow after,

What hand can grasp that fearful blade?"

Well am I correct in saying Narishma was the next person to draw Callandor out? When Rand sends him in secrecy to collect it for the battle with the Seanchan?

Does that mean he's got a place in the prophercy's of the dragon, which would obviously mean he's got some important part in the plot to play, maybe even a major role in TG?

I think maybe Narishma could follow in command after Rand has died at TG, just another character that could maybe give Logain some kind of competition! And if indeed the thing with Logain standing over Rands body laughing (even if it really is Taim, not very loyal to kill Taim thinking its Rand now is it!)actually occurs then he cant be the one to take over the BT after Taim's defeat!

Enter Narishma! Just a thought!

It's funny that it would be Narishma, though, neh? I mean, important as he hasbeen to some parts of the plot, he hasn't become too prominent or explored a character. And now he's bonded to an (somewhat possesive) Aes Sedai, who goes so far as to take away his badges of rank within the Ashaman (most of which don't trust him anyway, after the attacks on the palace in Cairhien). Interesting choice.

(though I am a fan of Narishma, myself)

I think maybe Narishma could follow in command after Rand has died at TG, just another character that could maybe give Logain some kind of competition! And if indeed the thing with Logain standing over Rands body laughing (even if it really is Taim, not very loyal to kill Taim thinking its Rand now is it!)actually occurs then he cant be the one to take over the BT after Taim's defeat!

Enter Narishma! Just a thought!

Current theory is he will recognize Taim because Rand only has one hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, when the series is over, or when it's nearing it's end, Jordan should make a book of the Prophecies. So, now that I have that out of the way, reading this, I can think of a couple different interpretations of following. It could mean following Rand in death, it could mean taking over command if Rand is killed or is kidnapped again, or something else like that making him unavailable, but also, maybe, taken in a slightly less important context, maybe it just means he's bound to Rand as a very loyal follower. As for my last idea there, I'm aware that it doesn't quite line up with the exact meaning, and I don't think the prophecies have parts that are that simple/black-and-white, but w/e, it's just an idea.

Ok, when the series is over, or when it's nearing it's end, Jordan should make a book of the Prophecies. So, now that I have that out of the way, reading this, I can think of a couple different interpretations of following. It could mean following Rand in death, it could mean taking over command if Rand is killed or is kidnapped again, or something else like that making him unavailable, but also, maybe, taken in a slightly less important context, maybe it just means he's bound to Rand as a very loyal follower. As for my last idea there, I'm aware that it doesn't quite line up with the exact meaning, and I don't think the prophecies have parts that are that simple/black-and-white, but w/e, it's just an idea.

Well, Narshima is one of an elite few, being that he was born with the spark. And there are only four men, that we know of, born with the spark. And unlike Taim, Logain, and Rand he isn't a wilder.

He is also the only one of the non-dragon sparkers who is 100% loyal to Rand. Given his position as an Asha'man prodigy, loyal to the Lord Dragon, he has leadership opportunities once the conflicts within the BT come to a head.

sorry about that double post...computer hiccuped

as far as Narishma taking over the Black Tower...I don't know how likely that is, but I would love to see it, I love Mazrim Taim, he's awesome, but I still would love to see him get his ass handed to him and to have Narishma take over the BT

~V1zharan~

Archived