DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Disappearing armies

Mowbray

In TCoT, Elayne mentions many of her supporters' armies not reaching the gates of Caemlyn. I read through the entire series, but I did not find another mention of these armies, as they were masked by the attacks the city faces. I just want to know where these armies actually went. Have they been mentioned again, or has RJ slipped us a foreshadow?

In TCoT, Elayne mentions many of her supporters' armies not reaching the gates of Caemlyn. I read through the entire series, but I did not find another mention of these armies, as they were masked by the attacks the city faces. I just want to know where these armies actually went. Have they been mentioned again, or has RJ slipped us a foreshadow?

In KOD, Elayne had the Kin searching across Andor for those Houses who had begun to march toward Caemlyn as soon as they heard she had arrived (but got caught by the snows). They didn't know she had gateways, or they obviously would have stayed put. This culminated in Charlz Guybon bringing some 4000 Queen's Guard and some 6000 marching soldiers to add 10000 to their numbers. It's not clear how many were still marching toward Caemlyn, but presumably not many, after the Kin searched high and low for them.

Archived