DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi I'm Tio

Imaginatio

New to the forums, old to the WOT books and eagerly waiting the final instalment. I'm Imaginatio or Tio for short. I joined Dragonmount in the hopes of finding an amazing place to RP, so fingers crossed!

So hello everybody! ^^

She turns, placing a pot of fresh herbal tea and a plate of sweet cakes on a rickety old table. For the lurkers ^^.

Hi Pankhuri, thanks for the welcome!

Hmnn, One of my favourite characters is definately Aviendha because of how well she copes with change, and her basic personality overall. I also loved the scenes where she was in training to be a Wise One, and actually had to stand up to the elders! That was great.

Favourite scenes, I'm gonna go for an obvious one and say Egwene storming the White Tower, that actually blew my mind and after the whole two previous books of Egwene being pushed and prodded and treated like a child it was amazing. Another scene would be when Rand and Nynaeve join together to cleanse Saidin.

How is the RolePlay on these forums?

There are a lot of RP groups. You can check them out. I don't do much of RPing but there are a lot of options. There is White Tower, Warders, Black Tower, Children of the Light, Band of the Red Hand, Congress of the shadow etc. etc. You can choose to RP in any of them. There would be a thread explaining how you could join. Once you select a RP group you have to make a bio. For more explanation, see the link given below.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/51071-role-play-in-the-psw-a-step-by-step-guide/

Hope it helps!

Welcome to DM Tio! How far along are you in the series? Do you have any thoughts about how the series will end? I write the front page theory blog so I love picking other people's minds about stuff like that :biggrin:

Our RP forums are very welcome to newcomers, feel free to look around and peek into a couple of them! Also, in case you're interested the Social Groups are a lot of fun as well; there's a variety of them as well and you'll find many opportunities for fun and friendship with other WoT fans (I personally am most active in the Black Tower)!

Hey Tio,

I've often wondered about the RP side of DM also. It must be wonderful to actually go and explore Randland in that way. I was always a little bit nervous of doing it though, because I was worried I would get it all wrong and it seemed complicated. However I have got friends that have joined after me and have just taken the plunge and are now having a great old time down in the bottom boards.

I decided to stay in the Social Boards, same as Despothera - although he is active in discussion and things too, and also writes the Theory Blog on the front page **Blatant Advertising** The social boards are kind of a non RP way of being in randland, with each of them having slightly different dynamics that are kind of organised and structured around the groups in the books.

I'm in the BT too - which is so much fun. I only joined the BT quite recently, but the people and friends their I have met are brilliant. In the BT we get to be asha'man and be a little bit crazy, shadowy and channel saidin. We have battles using a roller that can incorporate a little bit of RP also.

I'm also a slightly more long standing member of the WT. The WT has Aes Sedai and Warders and a moat and all kinds of stuffs happening - you really can't appreciate the size and diversity of it until you are there.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask, although I have NO IDEA about the RP stuffs :smile:

Hi Despothera, I'm updated so far on the WOT series, however I haven't yet read the prequel, I might see if I can find that and read it before the final book comes out! In terms of endings, I really hope we see more of the forsaken and their defeat, also on a slightly smaller note I'd love to see Elayne's twins born! But at the moment, I've got no expectations, I'm just excited about the official release date!

Hi Ilithian, I guess there is something for everyone! ^^. It's nice to know that even if I didn't feel like RP-ing I could still join randland to an extent.

Thanks Pankhura for the helpful link, I shall head there next! And a big thank you to everyone who has welcomed me so far.

Archived