DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Winter's Heart page 503 Guy sounds familar

grump

• 1 month later...
Guest cwestervelt
Okay How about Moridin in discuise Rand does get sick when he contacts him and the true power works anywhere and didn't the story say a man had channelled in town. there was a lot of detail for a walk by

Now you are starting to grasp at straws. Channelling of the True Power is undetectable by anyone other than the Channeller. Thus the odds of something attuned to Saidin detection detecting Moridin channelling the True Power are about as slim as they can got. I was consider it safe to say the chances were non-existent.

As to what that detector picked up, I've always believed it likely to have been some meddling on the part of Cadsuane. After all, she had Well and was therefore able to do some tricks. None of the male Channellers we have yet encounted are known to possess one.

I am fairly sure that the detector in FAR MADDING can not distinguish between Male or Female Channelers, and Cadsuane was using that fact to Scare the Far Madding leaders into believing that more Asha'man had entered into Far Madding and the Wards were failing all the while a Female was running around channeling

I am fairly sure that the detector in FAR MADDING can not distinguish between Male or Female Channelers

I think that it can. IIRC, it seems that when the people in far madding were describing the thing that detects people using the power, they said that it was one color for Female channelers and another color for male channelers.

Red or Saidar, and Black for saidin. Not only that but it points out the location of the channeler.

Guest Majsju

The Guardian shows just as SBoydW said, black for men, and red for women. And it shows the location of the channeler as well. The situation where we see this of course tells us that the Guardian shows channeling outside the range where it cuts off people from the OP, so the channeling talked about in this thread is not actually in the city. If that had been the case, there would have been quite a lot more excitement. And quite a lot less shock when Cadsuane and Nynaeve later uses the Well.

Incidently, just beofre they enter the palace, we learn that Narishma is not with the party. Incidently, the channeling is perfectly timed for Verin to go off on her little speech about The Dragon.

Guest cwestervelt
The Guardian shows just as SBoydW said' date=' black for men, and red for women. And it shows the location of the channeler as well. The situation where we see this of course tells us that the Guardian shows channeling outside the range where it cuts off people from the OP, so the channeling talked about in this thread is not actually in the city. If that had been the case, there would have been quite a lot more excitement. And quite a lot less shock when Cadsuane and Nynaeve later uses the Well.

Incidently, just beofre they enter the palace, we learn that Narishma is not with the party. Incidently, the channeling is perfectly timed for Verin to go off on her little speech about The Dragon.[/quote']

I had completely forgotten about Narishman having been sent off. My bad.

Archived