DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is it really?

Darthe

WoT is very near and dear to my heart, as I am sure it is with many of you. Though I have not yet acquired nearly the history or depth of knowledge that many of you on this forum have I have still found myself pondering a couple of questions from the series and the theories I have read.

First and foremost, Rand's connection to the TP is killing me. The DO grants the ability to use the power or not and so he himself must be stronger than it. That makes him stronger than even the Choeden Kal. Rand stated at several points that he felt as powerful as he was while wielding the access keys and he even used it to kill one of "The Chosen".

Secondly, Rand was able to weave effectively on various occasions with the TP though he knew practically nothing about that source of power. From Graendal and Moridin's perspectives we have learned that weaving the TP is different from weaving the OP in the same way that a male weaving is different from a woman, however I know that this could be explained away semi-neatly by Rand's ability to seemingly naturally understand how to form weaves on various occasions or from LT's memories, yet the issue that comes to mind most readily is that LTT was scared to death of the TP and so obviously was not partial to using it/ Rand was able to simply and accurately make several of the most complex weaves including balefire using something that is most certainly unnatural.

With this said here is my theory of sorts, I believe that the DO has done this before to the previous champions. I think that he has lulled them into a false belief that they could use the TP against him and that in his victories he simply denied them access to it if they didn't succumb to its madness/death causing abilities.

I also think that Rand is now pulling a major one over on the DO and has something that we do not yet know about that granted him his massive power-up in TGS, something to do with the internal battle between the taint or TP and the mysterious light in his head that we saw from Nynaeve. If I had to guess I would say that this has something to do with the Creator providing for his champion, along with other new tricks in the bag (darkfriend seeing eyes a la Fain anyone?). Again, this is total speculation, but I think it would be great to see so long as it is not done in an entirely campy or corny manner.

EDIT: Also, Elayne and Egwene displease me

Thank you!

Archived