DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dirge of Onosia (Advanced) Mafia - Day 3

mcs0083

Vote Tiinker

Well, I'm okay with this development since I still think Tink was the scummiest person from yesterday.

That and I'm not buying the early self vote thing. I mean, huh? How does that get the game movingexactly?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably going to vote Tiink here in a bit because I also policy lynch self voters, but I really want some conversation and an open dialogue which means not having the day move so fast without a lot of info.

VOTE LOCKE I agree with Aemon here, and Locke's case against Aemon is weak. Doesn't look like Aemon is pushing SMiley's lynch at all. He makes sense, especially with the way activity has been in recent mafia games, not scummy at all. At least IMO.

Unvote

I was actually trying to bait someone into trying to push a quick lynch. No dice though. I'm tripping around England but I'm still checking the thread regularly!

Um, but then he would have been lynched. Not much of a bait I think if he is quick lynched, maybe if you put him at L-2 then seeing who jumped on at L-1 would be good info... oh... wait... that was you.

Unvote

I was actually trying to bait someone into trying to push a quick lynch. No dice though. I'm tripping around England but I'm still checking the thread regularly!

Um, but then he would have been lynched. Not much of a bait I think if he is quick lynched, maybe if you put him at L-2 then seeing who jumped on at L-1 would be good info... oh... wait... that was you.

What? I was talking about myself.

And what Ithilian? :/

suggestion:

we try a vote of no lynch or pile our votes on one inactive person that has at least checked in

both options kind of favor the mafia but I'm bored and waiting around for a modkill (which also favors the mafia anyway) is not exactly my idea of fun

Don't get this. You even admit the plan favours the mafia.

when you say you don't get this do you actually mean you don't agree? because I didn't think it was that complicated...

remember at the time I posted that there was maybe 4 people "active" and no one else was doing anything about it

note that doing nothing also favors the mafia

there wasn't exactly a good choice to be made

Okay, let me try to break this down:

Problem: Lack of activity -> Random lynch -> Low amount of information

Your proposed solutions:

1)No lynch

-Not related to activity

-Eliminates chance of killing mafia

-Limits amount of information

2)Lynch inactives

-Has a possibility to increase activity if inactives are lurking (although if they're completely inactive, then there is likely a different reason)

-Random chance of killing mafia

-Some information produced from directed kill, however probably still less than standard.

What I don't get is why you proposed that at all. The basic problem was a lack of activity. No lynch doesn't affect that at all and lynching an inactive has the possibility to affect one person.... I see no reason why we shouldn't have continued with the standard Day 1 procedure of casting relatively weak FoSes, generating discussion, and going from there.

best follow my own idea eh?

Unvote: Pale

Vote: No Lynch

of the options I think a no lynch is better since we can at the very least avoid a mislynch which puts us one up tomorrow after the mafia kill

Why why why start off Day One with serious No Lynch proposition?

why why why haven't you been more active if you care so much?

sorry but that's the gist of it

what else were we to do at the time? let it go random?

that was an option (or it seemed to be at the time)

Physical problem, not intellectual one.

Day One had just started so it's not like you were up against the clock. And besides, if you can garner enough votes to get a no lynch, then you can get enough votes for a regular lynch.

it's mighty convenient that you could check back in just when the votes start piling on don't you think?

Is that scummy? Kind of curious actually since I see it mentioned a lot, but I don't really see why.

ummm I suppose it COULD just be coincidence

but when you're embroiled in a mafia game you don't read it that way

or at least I don't

obviously in this case it did just happen to be a coincidence

What I want to know is why it's scummy. Are you saying that if a person suddenly becomes more active when they are pressured, then they are likely lurking, and if they are lurking, then they are likely scum?

Hmm, I guess I could see that although I need to think on it more.

VOTE LOCKE I agree with Aemon here, and Locke's case against Aemon is weak. Doesn't look like Aemon is pushing SMiley's lynch at all. He makes sense, especially with the way activity has been in recent mafia games, not scummy at all. At least IMO.

Bold: Blatantly not true. See below

I can't believe the Smiley train got derailed. The point was not to draw out an inactive. The point was to lynch an inactive and get the game moving. Now that he has no pressure on him he is no longer posting and we have two trains that are going nowhere. It seems like people really WANT this to go to random.

Unvote

Seems to have done the trick and drawn him out. Who else needs to be dealt with?

Big ol' FoS at Ithi for jumping off the train as soon as Smiley starts spamming. Not a decent thing said by Smiley to warrant taking a vote off of him.

So, the deadline is in roughly 6 hours. I understand not wanting to lynch someone who becomes active, but what exactly did he say that the pressure should have been let off so quickly? And where has he disappeared to now?What we have are a few votes on Smiley and a few votes on Tinker and neither of them feeling enough pressure to actually talk. At this point it will definitely be on of these 2 if we actually reach a majority and because there will be no time to change should one of them speak up and give us a cause not to lynch him, we will go to random. Pressure should have been kept on Smiley until he gave a reason to take the pressure off.

Note how he keeps bringing up why there's 'no reason to unvote' Smiley without giving a reason to vote him in the first place, as if Smiley should be lynched because he hasn't proved his innocence. Also note that this pressure is exclusive to Smiley when Tink also has a train going.

The basic problem was a lack of activity. No lynch doesn't affect that at all

you're right

what it would have done is essentially given us more time at the cost of a night kill

also we'd hopefully be up an investigation

it's not ideal, I never pretended it was

but what we avoid is a random kill

either via lynching or via failed majority

a random kill gives us very little if any information

and worse it could have resulted in one of the few people participating dying

how would that have helped us?

I see no reason why we shouldn't have continued with the standard Day 1 procedure of casting relatively weak FoSes, generating discussion, and going from there.

because it wasn't working

discussion wasn't being generated

Archived