DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dirge of Onosia (Advanced) Mafia - Day 3

mcs0083

while we're advertising our games I have a basic game loosely based on aspects of Psychonauts with a few twists running here if anyone would like to take a look

well some of you are already signed up

but yeah for those of you who aren't, check it out! only 5 spots left!

Save a spot for me Nol, I'm just waiting on my confirmation email.

gotcha signed up, no worries

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The night like the day, had been quiet on the colony, but that did not mean there weren't casualties. And it seemed as if more that one killer had stalked prey...

Turin, who was Kimisu, a roleless member of the Town, has been killed!

Levity, who was Iatha, a roleless member on the Town, has been killed!

Day 2 has now begun! The deadline will be on Tuesday at 10PM EST. With 13 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority lynch.

Sorry for the lack of a lynch and death scene in this first cycle. I'll do my best to have them from here on out.

You don't even want to know how angry and annoyed I am right now. I hate you all. I'm not sure if I even want to carry on playing.

Oh ... And Levity died as well. Always nice to have double killings in the night.

anyway as for this game I really have nothing more to say barring someone saying something interesting (game related) before night ends

I am somewhat suspicious of Sakaea and am waiting to see who dies, who claims what, etc, etc

if day breaks with no death I intend to follow up my suspicion and vote Sakaea

so yeah

that's where I stand atm

I'll respond to this when day breaks/next time I'm on.

I never like this. The reason you give night thoughts is in case you DON'T wake up. People who are confident of being able to respond in the morning....

*turns on Sonar*

sonar.png

PING!

And that's it from me. I'm really going to miss having Turin in the same game, especially an open Comms game where we can actually talk to each other about stuff.

"Farewell, O twice beloved! A Turin Turambar turun ambartanen: master of doom by doom mastered!

BlueRose.gif

:sad:

Then don't? lol I kind of think it's funny.

Actually, most people don't talk game play during the night, so as to not draw a target on their backs. A lot of games I play on different sites, and even some games here, you are not even allowed to talk game play during the night, some mods even lock threads so it can't be done. I think it's perfectly fine for Kae to wait until day to share whatever thoughts she has. Nothing scummy about that.

Nolder, can you explain why you said you would vote me if day breaks with no death? We had 2, and I notice you didn't vote me right out of the gate. I'd like an explanation of that first.

because I was waiting for your reply! :tongue::laugh:

although with two deaths you'd think I'd have something else to go on

unfortunately I don't

the only other person that stands out to me besides you is BG because he wasn't on the day 1 lynch

could be he's a mafia member that wanted to separate himself from his team but that's not really damning enough in my eyes to make me want to lynch him over you

and honestly Sakaea I'm not trying to act like I have some ironclad case that you are for sure scum

I'm just not seeing anything else to go on right now

not enough activity to stir things up you know?

if you can set my suspicions to rest or at least point me to a better target I'm willing to listen

Nolder, can you explain why you said you would vote me if day breaks with no death? We had 2, and I notice you didn't vote me right out of the gate. I'd like an explanation of that first.

unfortunately I don't

the only other person that stands out to me besides you is BG because he wasn't on the day 1 lynch

could be he's a mafia member that wanted to separate himself from his team but that's not really damning enough in my eyes to make me want to lynch him over you

and honestly Sakaea I'm not trying to act like I have some ironclad case that you are for sure scum

if you can set my suspicions to rest or at least point me to a better target I'm willing to listen

I can't really set your suspicions to rest this early in the game; however, I can get on board with a Tiink lynch, for 2 reasons: yesterday he tried to quick-lynch Smiley, who did flip town, and his reaction to last night's deaths just seems off. Really off, like he feels he has to say something, even tho he says there's not much to say.

unfortunately I don't

I can't really set your suspicions to rest this early in the game; however, I can get on board with a Tiink lynch, for 2 reasons: yesterday he tried to quick-lynch Smiley, who did flip town, and his reaction to last night's deaths just seems off. Really off, like he feels he has to say something, even tho he says there's not much to say.

If that was the case then I wouldn't have bothered saying anything like half of the people here.

despite my misgivings I am pretty much agreeing with Sakaea

while I had and have absolutely no qualms about lynching Smiley it did very much look like an attempt to quick lynch

at the time I put that aside since it would be hypocritical to condemn someone for the very lynch I myself supported

however your attitude upon daybreak is very aloof and uninvolved

I can't find much of note to say but I AM trying

you could easily have commented on my thoughts concerning Sakaea but you chose not to

this leads me to believe you were hoping I would continue to push that lynch while remaining uninvolved yourself

or perhaps not, regardless I believe there is enough cause to lynch you now

I'm wondering why you quoted the exchange between yourself an Nolder without adding anything to it, Tiink. What was up with that? Also, this is the thing that stuck out most to me in my re-read. Lock then says he

Even the check in is slow in this game, so I guess I'll start off with what I think we may be looking at. 16 players means (usually) 4 baddies. That sounds like we'll have a 3 person scum team and either a SK or a Cult Leader. I'm not familiar with the source material (I'm assuming it is a book, so I'm not sure which of the third party would be more likely in this scenario. Any thoughts?

Don't see why you're trying to speculate on anti-town setup with absolutely nothing to go on except your own role. Speaking of roles, I should go check mine. >.>

(I don't even know if I'm Town or scum yet)

Not trying to understand how the game is set up is an anti-town tactic. Then he tries to clear himself by saying he hasn't checked his role yet. I find that very unlikely. I think he is scum and just wanted to stop talk of how the game is setup.

VOTE LOCKE

suggestion:

we try a vote of no lynch or pile our votes on one inactive person that has at least checked in

both options kind of favor the mafia but I'm bored and waiting around for a modkill (which also favors the mafia anyway) is not exactly my idea of fun

Don't get this. You even admit the plan favours the mafia.

best follow my own idea eh?

Unvote: Pale

Vote: No Lynch

of the options I think a no lynch is better since we can at the very least avoid a mislynch which puts us one up tomorrow after the mafia kill

Why why why start off Day One with serious No Lynch proposition?

Unvote, Vote Smiley derp

And this kinda thing ensues. Not liking mindless jumping on trains. Could at least generate some other discussion in the process.

Shutup and die.

Unvote, Vote Smiley

Funny, but scummy.

it's mighty convenient that you could check back in just when the votes start piling on don't you think?

Is that scummy? Kind of curious actually since I see it mentioned a lot, but I don't really see why.

I can't believe the Smiley train got derailed. The point was not to draw out an inactive. The point was to lynch an inactive and get the game moving. Now that he has no pressure on him he is no longer posting and we have two trains that are going nowhere. It seems like people really WANT this to go to random.

Unvote

Seems to have done the trick and drawn him out. Who else needs to be dealt with?

Big ol' FoS at Ithi for jumping off the train as soon as Smiley starts spamming. Not a decent thing said by Smiley to warrant taking a vote off of him.

So, the deadline is in roughly 6 hours. I understand not wanting to lynch someone who becomes active, but what exactly did he say that the pressure should have been let off so quickly? And where has he disappeared to now?What we have are a few votes on Smiley and a few votes on Tinker and neither of them feeling enough pressure to actually talk. At this point it will definitely be on of these 2 if we actually reach a majority and because there will be no time to change should one of them speak up and give us a cause not to lynch him, we will go to random. Pressure should have been kept on Smiley until he gave a reason to take the pressure off.

Aemon pushing rather heavily for Smileys lynch. I don't see why he's so insistent on lynching Smiley: his argument is basically that since we were pressuring him before, we should lynch him.

So at this point my top 3 are Aemon, Nolder, and Tiinker with Sakaea as a distant 4th.

Not sure what to make of Tink's self-vote.

Not trying to understand how the game is set up is an anti-town tactic. Then he tries to clear himself by saying he hasn't checked his role yet. I find that very unlikely. I think he is scum and just wanted to stop talk of how the game is setup.

VOTE LOCKE

Huh? Yeah, understanding how the game is set up is useful, but I don't see how idle speculation is, especially if it detracts from scumhunting. Now that a Night has passed and we've seen two kills, there's obviously a little more merit, and we should all be aware of the likelihood of a vig or 3rd party killer. But at the beginning of the game, the Townies are going to be mostly clueless and no amount of discussion will help without data to support it. The only people who really know anything are gonna be the anti-town people and, come to think of it, they would probably jump on a game setup discussion to try to twist Townie thinking.

As for the second part, I merely realized that I hadn't checked my role PM yet and thought that to be an amusing situation. Besides, that would mean I went out of my way to lie which isn't my style at all. I honestly had no idea what my alignment was when I posted that.

unfortunately I don't

You give this post, in addition to your "strong FoS" on Sakaea before night was over, and then you go and vote for Tiink. What changed your mind and made you think he was a better target?

Then, Sakaea pops up five minutes later talking to you but then to also vote for Tiinker.

Smells fishy. FoS both of you.

...Vote Tiinker

you'll get no sympathy from me

I policy lynch self voters

it is never a townie move

I'm wondering why you quoted the exchange between yourself an Nolder without adding anything to it, Tiink. What was up with that?

he added bold to some of his words

suggestion:

we try a vote of no lynch or pile our votes on one inactive person that has at least checked in

both options kind of favor the mafia but I'm bored and waiting around for a modkill (which also favors the mafia anyway) is not exactly my idea of fun

Don't get this. You even admit the plan favours the mafia.

when you say you don't get this do you actually mean you don't agree? because I didn't think it was that complicated...

remember at the time I posted that there was maybe 4 people "active" and no one else was doing anything about it

note that doing nothing also favors the mafia

there wasn't exactly a good choice to be made

best follow my own idea eh?

Unvote: Pale

Vote: No Lynch

of the options I think a no lynch is better since we can at the very least avoid a mislynch which puts us one up tomorrow after the mafia kill

Why why why start off Day One with serious No Lynch proposition?

why why why haven't you been more active if you care so much?

sorry but that's the gist of it

what else were we to do at the time? let it go random?

that was an option (or it seemed to be at the time)

it's mighty convenient that you could check back in just when the votes start piling on don't you think?

Is that scummy? Kind of curious actually since I see it mentioned a lot, but I don't really see why.

ummm I suppose it COULD just be coincidence

but when you're embroiled in a mafia game you don't read it that way

or at least I don't

obviously in this case it did just happen to be a coincidence

unfortunately I don't

You give this post, in addition to your "strong FoS" on Sakaea before night was over, and then you go and vote for Tiink. What changed your mind and made you think he was a better target?

Then, Sakaea pops up five minutes later talking to you but then to also vote for Tiinker.

Smells fishy. FoS both of you.

I assume your question is rhetorical

Archived