DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blasphemy

Guest chrisbrow

Guest chrisbrow

You know I have been reading WOT since high school I’m 33 now. I must say to read Brandon s Sanderson’s Feb news-letter and see Late November as being an optimistic time frame drives me insane. I know there are going to be a hundred people who will stand behind doing whatever it takes to get it right! Come on though we have been waiting for this for what almost three years… Well anyway for all of you upset as the title says don’t be mad at the new guy. I’m sure that my frustration is felt by the majority of the people following WOT, and if not again I apologize for the blasphemy it is not my intention to offend only to express my disappointment with the process.

FINISH THE BOOK –

You know I have been reading WOT since high school I’m 33 now. I must say to read Brandon s Sanderson’s Feb news-letter and see Late November as being an optimistic time frame drives me insane. I know there are going to be a hundred people who will stand behind doing whatever it takes to get it right! Come on though we have been waiting for this for what almost three years… Well anyway for all of you upset as the title says don’t be mad at the new guy. I’m sure that my frustration is felt by the majority of the people following WOT, and if not again I apologize for the blasphemy it is not my intention to offend only to express my disappointment with the process.

FINISH THE BOOK –

The book IS finished. And my understanding is that TOR is FURIOUS with Brandon - open-natured guy that he is - for letting the cat out of the bag on his website a while back. Tor has never had any intention of releasing the book before November for obvious marketing reasons.

Fish

There is a very good reason for the extra time, much of it has been discussed in these threads.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/63502-i-know-the-exact-date-amol-1st-draft-will-be-finished/

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/63355-amol-progress-and-excitement/page__hl__author+change+process

Short version is due to publishing demands both TGS and ToM were written far too quickly and rushed through the editing/revision process. This caused well documented issues that BS and Team Jordan are looking to fix this go round. It is the final chapter of the series and it is imperative they get it right.

There is a very good reason for the extra time, much of it has been discussed in these threads.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/63502-i-know-the-exact-date-amol-1st-draft-will-be-finished/

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/63355-amol-progress-and-excitement/page__hl__author+change+process

Short version is due to publishing demands both TGS and ToM were written far too quickly and rushed through the editing/revision process. This caused well documented issues that BS and Team Jordan are looking to fix this go round. It is the final chapter of the series and it is imperative they get it right.

Right, but the OP wasnt referring to POSTManuscript editing, but a desire to ''finish the book.'' and Brandon announced himself in big bold letters on his own site weeks ago that ''AMOL IS FINISHED!!!''

Im happy that post-production and editing are getting a longer window but anyone that thinks that commercial aspects don't factor in hugely to the decision to hold the release off until November are desperately naive.

Fish

Im happy that post-production and editing are getting a longer window but anyone that thinks that commercial aspects don't factor in hugely to the decision to hold the release off until November are desperately naive.

Fish

Goes without saying but we have seen what happens when commercial aspects caused it to be rushed. This to me is far preferable.

Fish

Goes without saying but we have seen what happens when commercial aspects caused it to be rushed. This to me is far preferable.

Good point.

Fish

I am sure that Team Jordan wants the book to be right.

I am equally sure that the publisher wants to get the most bang for the buck.

That is the holiday season, like it or not.

November comes as no surprise to me.

I'm confused. I can understand giving away the first book in a series for christmas. Or even the first five or six. But amol is the fourteenth book,I doubt it would make that much difference to how much money the book brings in. Even without end of year bonuses all it would do is spread the purchases of the book over a few months as people can afford them.

I'm confused. I can understand giving away the first book in a series for christmas. Or even the first five or six. But amol is the fourteenth book,I doubt it would make that much difference to how much money the book brings in. Even without end of year bonuses all it would do is spread the purchases of the book over a few months as people can afford them.

I used to work in the marketing department for Virgin Megastores. Trust me when I say a fair deal of research is done for best possible release times. They know what they are doing.

Combine that with Team Jordan demanding a longer revision process and this totals up to where we are. People need to keep in mind that the first draft being finished is just one small step in a very long process. There is still a ton of writing to be done.

My understanding was that Harriet required a six month window to make sure any and all niggles and glitches get sorted. That brings us to mid August. Two months isn't really that terrible for Tor to print the thing. I was annoyed but i'm over it now - I've twins due in May so it might be possible for me to take a couple days off in November to read.

As a 5th-12th grader from a single parent family child, i received many WOT books for my birthday (september) and i waited till release for my present. My girlfriend preordered TGS for my christmas present. I bought the book, and returned her copy for cash 6 hours later. For some people, a $24/30 pricetag is a great present

I think it would be alot better for them to release it NOW, then provide a collector's/box/ALL-AT-ONCE edition in November/December instead. I would buy the hardcover as soon as it came out (in fact I would buy it and not leave the bookstore until I finished it), then buy all the books when they came in a set.

By the way, I plan to take a day off from work and not tell my family and sit in the bookstore all day reading it.

My understanding was that Harriet required a six month window to make sure any and all niggles and glitches get sorted. That brings us to mid August. Two months isn't really that terrible for Tor to print the thing. I was annoyed but i'm over it now - I've twins due in May so it might be possible for me to take a couple days off in November to read.

Congratulations. May they be "like mirrors."

Do they honestly think we're going to buy the last book of a 14 book series and give it away as a gift to others?! We are ALL going to buy it as soon as it comes out, no matter when it comes out, and read it for our own amusement. Then we will laugh at any of our freinds and family who think of buying this book for us as a gift, as if we didn't already read it 10 times over.

Congratulations. May they be "like mirrors."

Thanks! 66% odds says they're non-identical though. Fingers crossed! I don't want ot have to stick labels on them to tell them apart! :)

I'm assuming you've all caught the new release date of 08/01/2013... I underatand it, can't say I like it though!

Edited to remove startling evidence of Baby Brain.

Archived