DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Alanna & Logain

dazparra

There may already be posts relating to this, but i'm looking forward to finding out where Alanna dissapeared to late in TOM and also where Logain is currently.

We see through Androl (in the black tower) that Logain is overdue to return, and that he is not with Rand currently, so what is he up to?

No doubt preparing to retake the black tower off Taim... but i hope we get to see some insight into where he is and what he is doing.

For some reason I had the feeling that he had been captured by the dark side of the force. Don't know why I felt that way - I guess he probably is off preparing the way to get the BT off Taim. I hope so anyway, it would SUCK if he's been captured. I seem to remember Rand finally thinking that he needed to do something about the BT, so maybe he's got Logain working on it.

Rand thinks Alanna might be in the borderlands. She received a letter and then disappeared from the stone of Tear and nobody sensed channeling. My best guess is that she received a letter from Verin warning her that her home country of Arafel was going to be attacked by shadowspawn. So she has gone there to help with its defense.

This is just speculation. I think Rand says something like she is north, maybe the borderlands.

Yes, Rand says she's North, perhaps in Arafel.

The "nobody noticed channeling" bit is easily explained. Maybe the letter was delivered by a male channeler who helped her Travel. Maybe she sneaked out and rode normally for a distance before she Travelled.

Given that Verin's other letters carried at least one warning of an attack (Caemlyn), it's possible that she would have told Alanna about the Arafel invasion.

Well, wherever Alanna has gone, she must be alright because Rand would have reacted differently if she'd been turned or was being tortured.

I think she she went with Logain to gather forces to assist Lan at Tarwin's Gap ormshe went with himn to assit in the defense of Camelyn when the trollocs invade.

tud

Rand thinks Alanna might be in the borderlands. She received a letter and then disappeared from the stone of Tear and nobody sensed channeling. My best guess is that she received a letter from Verin warning her that her home country of Arafel was going to be attacked by shadowspawn. So she has gone there to help with its defense.

This is just speculation. I think Rand says something like she is north, maybe the borderlands.

The problem with this speculation is that it makes little sense. Why would Alanna go off on her own without even trying to get some help? One Aes Sedai and a Warder isn't really going to change the outcome of any battle.

The problem with this speculation is that it makes little sense. Why would Alanna go off on her own without even trying to get some help? One Aes Sedai and a Warder isn't really going to change the outcome of any battle.

Yet Morraine and Lan made a tremendous difference at the fighting in the two river in the first book. Minor compared to other battles but still made a lot of difference to the people there. And giving people warning of an attack can make all the difference with the right leadership. It might not save a city but it might give people time at the very least to withdraw or come up with a plan.

Archived