DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL Will it have it all?

condonmc

Im am haveing reacuring nightmares that AMoL wont be enoungh to fully complete WOT. Theres just so much that we need answers for, that cant be completed in a sentence or evan a paragraph. The book cant just end with And with the final battle done and won and he who died alive, they all get home and set about fixing the problem of who get Him monday and wensday and who gets him tuesdays and thursdays. I have full faith in BS but are my fears justified?!

Yall better speak on this.....

My guess is that we will see a lot less imagery and a lot more action. Brandon doesn't do descriptions like RJ did and it shows. Although I love the last two books, I felt like there were more than a few points where the descriptions were not enough. i could easily see this book being split in two and personally I would prefer that to something that feels rough or incomplete. Really makes me wonder how RJ planned on finishing in one book.

It's when thinking about things like this that the loss of RJ truly hits home. We got a glimpse of the direction things were heading as he started to pick up speed in KoD. As enjoyable as TGS and ToM were from a plot gratification standpoint, I can't even imagine how good these last three books would have been with RJ still at the helm.

It's when thinking about things like this that the loss of RJ truly hits home. We got a glimpse of the direction things were heading as he started to pick up speed in KoD. As enjoyable as TGS and ToM were from a plot gratification standpoint, I can't even imagine how good these last three books would have been with RJ still at the helm.

I suppose we'd be waiting for the series to finish in another 5 or 6 books, were RJ still the captain of this ship :D

Not that I'd mind.

I have always complained that after building an incredblialy likeable character such as Aviendha, she dropped off at a certain point...I have to have that ending with her and Rand like in the end beginning...thats just one of many [just first one that came too mind.....

My guess is that we will see a lot less imagery and a lot more action. Brandon doesn't do descriptions like RJ did and it shows. Although I love the last two books, I felt like there were more than a few points where the descriptions were not enough. i could easily see this book being split in two and personally I would prefer that to something that feels rough or incomplete. Really makes me wonder how RJ planned on finishing in one book.

I especially felt this way about TOM. I thought TGS was a fantastic book in so many ways and overall a FAR SUPERIOR book to TOM. TOM seemed...lacking...rushed...choppy.

Fish

Yeah Demandred worries me hugely, I must say. He's been an invisible boogeyman for so long now he has a long way to go to make it up to us. We've been asked to basically believe in his badass-ness with v little evidence. He needs to deliver.

it's going to be some size of a book...

The two main things I will be upset about if we they don't get a lot of coverage in AMOL (And I feel these two storylines were left too late - we're at the END now!) are:

1 Black Tower

2 Demandred.

Fish

Yeah Demandred worries me hugely, I must say. He's been an invisible boogeyman for so long now he has a long way to go to make it up to us. We've been asked to basically believe in his badass-ness with v little evidence. He needs to deliver.

it's going to be some size of a book...

Same here. I think Brandon said that Demandred was going to have pretty big role in the last book. I sort of wonder how big of a role he can have though with Moridin, Paidan Fain, and the DO to deal with. And Lanfear looks like she's going to be important too...

Well length has never bothered me so he can make it as long as it needs to be.

I think one person mentioned it in another forum topic: RJ never planned to wrap up all the loose ends. Remember: This is just another turning of the wheel. I saw someone write in another topic:

"It will probably end like the way all the books start; "The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.""

Archived