DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hallo boys and girls

Darkhound

Hello from South Africa.

I've been aware of Dragonmount for a while now, but never got the chance to visit for more than a few minutes. Until now. Very impressive.

Let me also send a shoutout to RJ. Good luck in this trying time. The thoughts and prayers of all your South-African fans are with you.

Guest Egwene

Hi Darkhound... welcome from England.

Whereabouts in SA are you? Spend a fun holiday near Port Elizabeth a few years ago. Envy you all the outdoor sports opportunitys. Still got some of the brochures I picked up over there.

Blaukraans was probably one of the highlights of our visit...

...before I forget, leave a vote or two on the book discussion boards!!

I don't know if you are aware that you can logg onto RJ's Blog (top right hand corner of screen) and leave a message there for him!?

Edit: you need to go to the comments underneath..

Hi!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

In Egwene’s defense, she’s got it right. Port Elizabeth is a costal town of SA, sometimes called The Windy City.

I’m from Standerton, a smallish town about 170 km south-east of Johannesburg.

Thanks for the tips Egwene. As soon as I get a chance, I post to RJ’s blog. I’ve got a theory for your Asmo thread as well, but I want to finish rereading tFoH, just to make sure…

Guest Egwene

Thanks for the defense Darkhound :)

We flew into Jo'burg. I'd love to visit your country again. The coast is just amazing. I even found a Nautilus shell on the beach... not the round one, but one of those that look like a fan.

It's always nice to get a few new people joining a long running discussion. Sometimes new eyes spot something old ones can't see anymore because they've been looking at it too long. And don't be put off by the odd person coming in and saying 'oh, but we'ver heard it all before'. As long as you make your case in a thought through and friendly manner the majority will be happy to discuss (that is, pick holes in you theory...lol). And of course they'll expect you to pick hole in theirs too.

And halo to you too, 12th_Regiment. Things are looking good here in SA. The seasons are changing, and we're experiencing all four seasons in one day. Freezing at night, blistering sun in the day, and rain in between... Typical of the SA Highveld really.

Seems to me Egwene is the official welcome wagon around here. Can't seem to find a post where she hasn't thrown in her two sent's worth.

I'm of to the coast next month, for a long overdue vacation. Haven't seen the sea in 5 years! I'll take a lot of photos, and maybe, if you are interested, I'll post some of them on the Net.

This truly is one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

Guest Egwene

lol... well, having said hi to some, I didn't want others to feel left out :wink:

And yes, post your pics! There is actually a 'post your pic' thread on the general debates board. So you could put one of you there for starters...

Archived