DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

??? No last posts from Cindy?

Leyrann

There was a Staff/Admin Discussion on the matter, and it ended with the Admins deciding not to repeal the ban on Paet. The reasoning was partially because of the fact that Paet has had run-ins with the rules before, and has been banned in the past, meaning he wouldn't get leniency, as was the case with Cindy, since she has not had the prior problems. If you would like to know more on that, you can ask Kivam or Verbal as I stated in my previous post.

Song was banned for inappropriate posting in a thread. She received a 3 day ban, where various other members received week long bans. She was not the only one banned, and received the lightest sentence.

Some sort of petition or protest like this is only going to cause problems, which is why I'm telling you not to do it. I already brought the matter to the Admins requesting a repeal, and the decision was that one would not be granted at this time.

Once again, feel free to ask Kivam or Verbal, or Cindy, if you have further questions.

There was a Staff/Admin Discussion on the matter, and it ended with the Admins deciding not to repeal the ban on Paet. The reasoning was partially because of the fact that Paet has had run-ins with the rules before, and has been banned in the past, meaning he wouldn't get leniency, as was the case with Cindy, since she has not had the prior problems. If you would like to know more on that, you can ask Kivam or Verbal as I stated in my previous post.

Song was banned for inappropriate posting in a thread. She received a 3 day ban, where various other members received week long bans. She was not the only one banned, and received the lightest sentence.

Some sort of petition or protest like this is only going to cause problems, which is why I'm telling you not to do it. I already brought the matter to the Admins requesting a repeal, and the decision was that one would not be granted at this time.

Once again, feel free to ask Kivam or Verbal, or Cindy, if you have further questions.

OK, good to clear up the Song thing.

What kind of problems would be caused, I am planning not to petition/protest for leniency here but to at least put a system in place for a little more transparency. Am I to be the next one banned for questioning a decision by people in charge, for disagreeing with authority, for missing the people that I spent so much time getting to know.

and might I remind you that this was all because of two people putting FREE SONG!!! at the bottom of their posts. It offends no one. it disrespects no one. disagreeing with someone does not mean that disrespect come along with it. Take this very conversation. I disagree that there is nothing to be done, that doesn't mean I don't respect you or the position you, or any mod is in. All it is, is that I think you are wrong, but I can't reverse your decision alone, I need people behind me, people who care just as much.

Know what I want to know is whether I can get banned for expressing myself?

Let's try.

Smiley, there was more to the situation than that, and as I have told you multiple times now, if you have questions about the situation pertaining to the ban and protesting etc., you can ask Kivam, or Verbal.

You can take up any further thoughts you have here with them.

Smiley, there was more to the situation than that, and as I have told you multiple times now, if you have questions about the situation pertaining to the ban and protesting etc., you can ask Kivam, or Verbal.

You can take up any further thoughts you have here with them.

Yes, OK, there is more to the situation I understand that, nothing is ever easy, things get complicated. I understand. I will ask Verbal for more about this prickly situation then.

Thank you for your time.

and might I remind you that this was all because of two people putting FREE SONG!!! at the bottom of their posts

No. This is not correct, and is what Talmanes has tried to explain. What you are stating in your post is not the truth, and frankly is why we say the petitions and such will not work. You have incomplete information, and that information is private to the specific parties involved. Transparency is important, and that's why we have Staff boards. Talmanes did an excellent job in explaining the situation.

Archived