DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Channeling in the Stedding isn't possible so....

arwoodk87

I'm on my 1 bazillionth re-read lol and just noticed this. In The Great Hunt, when Rand and co go to Stedding Tsofu they are shown an Orgier who was attacked by the black wind in The Ways. Here is the quote my question is about:

"Verin gave her a long look, then rose and strode to Trayal. He did not move as she laid her hands on his wide chest, not even a flicker of an eye to acknowledge her touch. With a sharp hiss, she jerked back, staring up at him, then whirled to face the Elders. “He is . . . empty. This body lives, but there is nothing inside it. Nothing.” Every Elder wore a look of unbearable sadness."

They are still in the Stedding she couldn't delve him, so what did Verin do sense that Trayal is "empty"? Does anyone know? Is there a way to sense these things with out the Power? Have I forgotten something important? Is Verin using the True Power because she's actually Damendred lol?

That's a valid question, and one that has been asked by people long before I became a fan...

According to encyclopaedia-wot.org, RJ answered the following to a fan when asked:

1.Verin apparently Delves Trayal, yet in a stedding she cannot touch the True Source. At signings, Jordan purportedly said that detecting a soul does not require channeling.

That's a valid question, and one that has been asked by people long before I became a fan...

According to encyclopaedia-wot.org, RJ answered the following to a fan when asked:

1.Verin apparently Delves Trayal, yet in a stedding she cannot touch the True Source. At signings, Jordan purportedly said that detecting a soul does not require channeling.

The lack of a soul is something Aes Sedai can sense just by touch. They don't have to use the OP

They can do the same with a grey man

Thank you both! It was driving me crazy :)

Those lacking souls feel cold to the touch--anyone can feel this, not just Aes Sedai. We learn this after Perrin enters the Wolf Dream so heavily hunting Faile after she was taken by the Shaido that he feels like one who has lost his soul [Annoura explains this to Berelain, who felt it herself and explains it to Perrin].

Archived