DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's the best part, so far?

TexasWilder

I've only just finished FOH, so please don't spoil anything.

My favorite part in that particular book was with Rand and Aviendha, she, "hated him" so much, but yet you knew that she couldn't, and there was so much banter between them, funny!!!

But I also loved it when Mat kicked Galad's AND Gawyn's pretty-boy arses. Heh, and after that he was not able to support himself without his staff, but faked it. That was nice.

The end of lord of chaoas is probably my favourite part in the whole series, won't say anything to spoil it though!

The end of the first six books I loved, the end to the rest of them to a lesser extent, and i loved practically all the bits between, you couldn't read these books if you didn't.

Hmmm prior to FOH my favorite parts are random parts... the telling of the story of manetheren by Moiraine, the meeting between Suine and Rand, the part where Perrin notices Rand is talking to Verin and Ingtar as equals. The part where Moiraine is sitting in the tent with the Wise Ones at Rhuidean and just calmly ignores Myrelles slip up and comments on the name Aiel. Egwene's rings experience was pretty cool too.

Chronologically for me personally

EotW

-Rand meeting Loial

-Rand falling into the palace at Caemlyn and meeting Elayne

tGH

-Rand taking over leadership of the Shienrans without realising it and then apologising.

-Chatting with Artur Hawkwing after the horn was blown

tDR

-Mat beating up Gawyn and Galad

-Perrin saving Gaul

tSR

-Practically every conversation between Rand and Aviendha

-Rand seeing through the eyes of his ancestors

tFoH

-Mat discussing battle tactics with Lan before the major battle at the end

-Nobels declaring Mat their leader and his men singing Jak of the Shadows to him.

Rand with Aviendha was definitely the best of all the romances.

Tuon and Mat was also good stuff, probably as good as R%A.

Actually, anything with Mat is cool.

Perrin is so boring.

Anything where the goosehead girls got beaten up is good.

I love the parts with Ishamael/Morridin as well.

Any scene not involving Elayne. Well, maybe not that far, but is it just me, or is she the most bland, boring and at times annoying character in the series? I suppose every novel/series of novels must have them, but for such a main character I never really gave much of a damn about her. Even with all the slightly aggrivating "Haha! We're women and it's funny!" scenes in the series (which, yes, give it much of it's beloved flavour), she still sits far above the others in...whatever it is that makes me dislike her.

Other than that, and what others have said, when Bode Cauthon and the Two Rivers girls start lecturing Rand during their visit to Caemlyn, I believe, on the way to the white tower. About 'pretending' to be the Dragon Reborn and people playing jokes like that, and Rand scares the daylights out of her. A humourous scene.

• 1 month later...

Archived