DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Intoduction

Ben Breeck

Hello, folks. My name is Ben Breeck. I have been a fan for roughly twelve years now, having been hooked back in college, when I discovered "Eye of the World" in the college library. I then found the next three books at my campus bookstore.

Even though I have pretty much memorised them, I still like to read through them once every four months or so, just to see if I can find anything I missed. As a result, Volumes One through Four have lost their covers and the rest (save the most recent two books and New Spring) have bindings that are cracked at least two ways each. (I've started to joke that the novels are wonderful but the books are rather shoddy.)

I'm from Frankfort, Kentucky, where I've lived most of my life (Save when I went to college at Western Kentucky and then Murray State). I work as a telephone operator for the state, and my hobbies are reading, video games, and writing. I have written ten novels (mostly Alternate History, but one space opera and one humorous sword and sorcery fantasy) but I can get published by a royalty press or represented by a commision based agent for love or money.

And as an extra peice of trivia, I was the one who thought our Mr. Jordan was the one who previously worked at Baker Botts, helped out the Shrub with the Harken Energy debacle, and was rewarded the Ambassadorship to Saudi Arabia, and asked him about it at Joseph Beth last year. Oops!

I have written ten novels (mostly Alternate History' date=' but one space opera and one humorous sword and sorcery fantasy) but I can get published by a royalty press or represented by a commision based agent for love or money.

[/quote']

Make that can't get published or represented.

welcome to this crazy place' date=' Ben :)

So... just exactly what happened at Joseph Beth's?? :?

.[/quote']

Well, he had just finished this speech about how until he went on book signing tours, people kept speculating that he was a woman, because of how well his female characters were fleshed out, so to speak. (This in response to a comment from a previous individual about the White Tower of Tar Valon and phallic symbolism.) I raised my hand and he called on me. I then put my foot in my mouth by asking him about his time in Saudi Arabia. He responded that he'd never been there. I stated that according to Farenheit 9/11, he had been appointed ambassador there because he had been in Baker Botts, and had helped our President out of a Sticky Situation way back when. (The resemblence between the two Robert Jordans is uncanny if you've ever seen the film) And he said, "Wrong Robert Jordan," ending that line of discussion. :oops:

Later, when I was getting a book signed by him for a present for a co-worker, I remarked to him that the resemblance between him and the other Robert Jordan was striking, but he replied that no one had ever mentioned the other to him personally before.

wow... that sounds like one of those moments when you wish for the ground to swallow you up :shock:

Well, I don't actually know the other RJ, so can't comment on how great the likeness is... but at least you have a story to tell.

Have you checked out the writers guild yet? We could do with a few more active members :)

Archived