DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A New World to Journey to

Zappa3837

A friend of mine introduced me to the series in a similar way, I hope one day to convince many people in kind! I think those of us late to the party have a it of an advantage because we don't have to wait for the next book (except that's exactly what I am doing for the final installment!). Some of the details are explained in a repetative fashion, I am guessing because of the time lapses between books...I just skimmed accordingly and enjoyed each and every book very much. I wonder how much I will skim on my first re-read - more or less than before? I am reading the prequel right now, then will embark on the series for the second time. I plan to take notes as needs this time...starting with the prequel, glad I reminded myself. I am excited to read your face Ice and Fire ut am waiting so that I'm not too tortured by the wait between books. Hunger Games series before Fire and Ice for that reason.

A friend of mine introduced me to the series in a similar way, I hope one day to convince many people in kind! I think those of us late to the party have a it of an advantage because we don't have to wait for the next book (except that's exactly what I am doing for the final installment!). Some of the details are explained in a repetative fashion, I am guessing because of the time lapses between books...I just skimmed accordingly and enjoyed each and every book very much. I wonder how much I will skim on my first re-read - more or less than before? I am reading the prequel right now, then will embark on the series for the second time. I plan to take notes as needs this time...starting with the prequel, glad I reminded myself. I am excited to read your face Ice and Fire ut am waiting so that I'm not too tortured by the wait between books. Hunger Games series before Fire and Ice for that reason.

I agree with you completely, I would be pulling my hair out right now if this was 1990, and I had just read "The Eye of the World".

I kind of blew my load with Ice and Fire though. After the TV series, I immediately went through all of the books back-to-back with no pause. At first I was really anxious because there was nothing to fill the void, but since I've found WOT I'm not even worried about it. After all, I have 10 more WOT's to keep me occupied until the next Ice and Fire comes out.

What is the Hunger Games series? I've never heard of it.

Also, thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to add you as a friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there and welcome to DM, Zappa! You've certainly walked a long and winding road so far, haven't you? I applaud you for your courage - fighting an addiction is never ever easy.

A few of the books had a slower pace than others, but I can't say that I prefer some to others - each book is like a loved one to me.

Have you had a look around DM? It can be very confusing to new people, so feel free to shout for help if you get lost :biggrin:

Oh had have a look at the RP side - we always welcome people with good writing skills.

Welcome Zappa. I would say that some of the middle books can drag a little. It may be that I did have to wait for each new book to come out. They do pay off later on.

I hope you enjoy all the fun things there are to do here. Look around and if you have any questions, ask away and someone will be able to help you out.

Archived