A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WT/DM World Class January (Week 4)

Wildfire Sedai

Well you are almost done. Cause now its time for:

WEEK 4

RULES: SAME AS WEEK 1. :smile:

HOMEWORK

PART 1:

a) How do you keep track of the threads you have posted in?

b) When you join a new thread, or go back to a thread, do you read from where you left off or from the beginning (if you haven't read it before), or do you jump right into the conversation (definitely not suggested - unless it's a thread like the Moat)?

c) As far as activity, do you stay in any certain place on the boards? Do you post in a variety of threads or just a few select ones? If you're really active, do you have trouble keeping track of everywhere you've posted?

PART 2:

a) In general, are there any tips/tricks you've picked up in your posting that you can share with the rest of us?

b) Here is the place to ask any questions you may have that haven't fit in anywhere else in the class. You can also note any questions you have asked, or have found answered elsewhere, that you believe would be beneficial to others at this time too!

PART 3:

Lastly, here's the place for feedback for the WT class: Is there anything you wish could have been covered in the class? What would you suggest be changed/different? Any comments for me, as your teacher?

HOMEWORK COMPLETED:

KWOM: PART 1 DONE :smile: PART 2 DONE :smile: PART 3: DONE :smile:

MATRIM: PART 1 DONE :smile: PART 2 DONE :smile: PART 3: DONE :smile:

Edited by Wildfire Sedai

PART 1:

I 'watch the thread' (a button above the first post) if its a really important one. If its a minor one I normally just remember where it is as I'm not so active...

b) When you join a new thread, or go back to a thread, do you read from where you left off or from the beginning (if you haven't read it before), or do you jump right into the conversation (definitely not suggested - unless it's a thread like the Moat)?

Well, Its always good to read a threads history, normally the first few posts, to see what the conversation is about! If its a small thread I usually read it all through. If its longer I scoot it quickly and concentrate on the first and last pages.

c) As far as activity, do you stay in any certain place on the boards? Do you post in a variety of threads or just a few select ones? If you're really active, do you have trouble keeping track of everywhere you've posted?

For me, staying in one place is best for organising as I'm in a number of other SGs. But I do check out the other boards from time to time :biggrin:

Just a tip for keeping track of your posts: If you click on the arrow to the right of your name you will get a pop down list, click on "my content" and you will see all of the threads you have ever posted in. I think there's a way to organize them though I haven't taken the time to try and figure it out yet.

PART 2:

a) In general, are there any tips/tricks you've picked up in your posting that you can share with the rest of us?

One, I noticed it's totally stupid to post everywhere at one time! I personally think its better to be active in max. 3 forums at one time otherwise you loose control, especially if you can only go on DM once a day. :biggrin:

b) Here is the place to ask any questions you may have that haven't fit in anywhere else in the class. You can also note any questions you have asked, or have found answered elsewhere, that you believe would be beneficial to others at this time too!

I don't really have... :blush:

Edited by Matrim Hat-rim

Well you are almost done. Cause now its time for:

WEEK 4

RULES: SAME AS WEEK 1. :smile:

HOMEWORK

PART 1:

PART 2:

PART 3:

Lastly, here's the place for feedback for the WT class: Is there anything you wish could have been covered in the class? What would you suggest be changed/different? Any comments for me, as your teacher?

Part 1: I keep track of threads somewhat and try to read from where I last posted or from where the last person posted. Also, I tend to post in several areas, whatever seems interesting at the time, however, I seem to have trouble remembering where certain threads are on the site.

Part 2: A tip would be to try to note the parent thread of the one you're in. Most of my questions have been answered either where I posted them or in PM.

Part 3: Exellent class.

Please let me know if I misssed anything or did something wrong. I'm very confused as a new person here.

Well Kari first you have to PM Tynaal Consen and ask her if you can join the class:

If you don't know how to do a PM:

Click on the arrow to the right of your nick on top right of page. It will show you a drop down list. Click on my messages. When the screen appears click on "compose message". A new screen will appear. Then type name of person you are sending to in appropriate box and subject in appropriate box. Then type your message in big box. then click send message when done.

However in order to help you out I will start a PM to Tynaal the Mistress of Novices here at the tower and include you in the message. When you have a message a little box will appear to the top left of your nick with the number of PM's you have. click on that and you will go directly to your message page. Then it will list your messages and you click on the title of the message. The title of the message I am going to send is: Kari, wants to join the class.

Also just so you know. There is homework involved and you have to complete ALL FOUR WEEKS of homework. It's not impossible but you will only have a week to do it. I believe. That is what the PM to tynaal will be about.

I am glad you decided to join but it will be up to tynaal.

Well Kari first you have to PM Tynaal Consen and ask her if you can join the class:

If you don't know how to do a PM:

Click on the arrow to the right of your nick on top right of page. It will show you a drop down list. Click on my messages. When the screen appears click on "compose message". A new screen will appear. Then type name of person you are sending to in appropriate box and subject in appropriate box. Then type your message in big box. then click send message when done.

However in order to help you out I will start a PM to Tynaal the Mistress of Novices here at the tower and include you in the message. When you have a message a little box will appear to the top left of your nick with the number of PM's you have. click on that and you will go directly to your message page. Then it will list your messages and you click on the title of the message. The title of the message I am going to send is: Kari, wants to join the class.

Also just so you know. There is homework involved and you have to complete ALL FOUR WEEKS of homework. It's not impossible but you will only have a week to do it. I believe. That is what the PM to tynaal will be about.

I am glad you decided to join but it will be up to tynaal.

Thank you Wildfire Sedai. I saw your message and thank you for understanding. I can probably get caught up within one hours time so if Tynaal Sedai does not mind, I think we shall be ok.

*curtsies to Wildfire* Thank you again Wildfire Sedai.

You are welcome Wildfire. Sorry, so confused by the names lol. I figured better safe than sorry. Also, I started on the other weeks' homeworks, so if Tynaal Sedai does mind, then it'll have been at least good practice. If she is ok with it then awesome! :)

Kari: You have posted in the class threads without the permission of the Mistress of Novices and the teacher-me. I told you that you had to have tynaal sedai's permission before starting the class. I like your enthusiasm but there are procedures that you must follow. Please do not post in anymore threads especially the field trip ones until you are OFFICIALLY entered into the class. Thank You.

PS: I just got a PM from Tynaal Sedai the Mistress of Novices (You should get it also and my reply) and she would like you to wait for next months class which will start in a few days. In order to get into that class you have to wait for the sign up thread to be posted and post in there that you want to take the class. Then keep an eye out for any new posts in that thread. It will tell you who your teacher will be and then they will start a new class thread for february.

PART 3:

the class couldn't have been clearer, at the beginning of the class I had no idea but now I'm confident I know my way round the place. :smile: I think it was really helpful to go about learning like this, great way to break the ice and get to know everybody/find out who the leaders are etc. You were a great teacher Wildfire Sedai, thorough&helpful and made sure we learnt all the important rules&procedures. Thanks again, I now have a much better understanding of the whole system here at the WT and on DM :happy:

For you. :blush:

flowerposy1.jpg

Edited by Matrim Hat-rim

Bribery will get you nowhere everywhere. First my favorite sesame street character muffin and now a bunch of roses. LOL :smile: Thank you, very much.

But seriously:

We had a couple of misunderstandings but that is all behind us now and I am glad that my "Thorough"ness and "helpful"ness paid off. You did an execellent job in class and I will now post that you have finished the class in a PM to Tynaal and Ed.

Edited by Wildfire Sedai

PART 1:

Well, aside from the "Watch Topic" option at the top of the page, one could also keep a bookmark for certain threads. Or you could just do what I do, and keep track of the important topics by having a separate tab for each of them.

When I pop into a new thread, I usually go back and read from the start, though this may vary based on subject matter and length. When I go back into an older thread, I simply look at where I left off.

Thus far, I usually just stick to a few threads, and those usually in either the Warders Guild or the main page.

PART 2:

Umm...uhh...try to remember the quick names for the emotes so that you don't have to open up the menu? *coughs*

I don't believe that I have any other questions at this time. *nods*

PART 3:

Hmm...*taps chin* I kinda wish that there had been more people throughout the class so that my slacking off was less noticeable. But, hey, what can you do? *shrugs shoulders* :happy: Actually...yes...I do have a question. How did you like teaching? :smile:

Kwom: I thought teaching was a FUN CHALLENGE. I was really nervous at doing the class. I was going to take the easy way out and do two more ORG WIDE EVENTS instead of teaching the class but my mentor talked me into it. So I did. I wanted to make sure that I was professional and also that I made it fun. I also at times wished there were more students in the class because I wanted to get many different opinions on my teaching style at the end. Which I only got one. :sad: however to each their own. :biggrin: