DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello!

Beccat

I started WoT in August and finished ToM last week. Just got New Spring in the mail. I though I would move on to Hunger Games and Game of Thrones but might.decide to reread the entire series before moving on...I wish I knew for certain when MoL is due so that I can time my reading perfectly. This series is essentially my intro to fantasy and I love it!!,

My favorite chapter was when Tuon's POV was first introduced. I didn't know what to think of her character before that beyond a mild dislike, and I wondered what Mat's future with her would hold. It was a pleasant shock to realize that suddenly the reader was provided a glimpse into Tuon thought process. What a fascinating and unique perspective she offered, and it was so much fun to see Mat through her eyes. Mat is one of my favorite characters, though I was not bothered by his portrayal in the last two books. I feel like I missed something to complain about, since every review I read acknowledges the inconsistencies in his portrayal by Sanderson. I love RJ for writing this fantastic series, and I appreciate BS for carrying on RJ's vision. I also appreciate this forum along with the wiki and tarragon.net. My husband is getting frustrated with my obsession, however...

Congratulations on your choice of fantasy series! I have been reading fantasy since I first picked up The Hobbit in 1971, and I've been reading WoT since The Great Hunt came out in 1990. It's been a long wait for the conclusion.

For my part, I think Brandon Sanderson did an awesome portraying Mat in the last two books. BTW, RJ wrote in Tuon's point of view in Knife of Dreams when Mat and co. finally met up with the Band of the Red Hand near the end of the book, a nice little discussion with Selucia.

Mat, I think, will pay a huge part in bringing the Seanchen around to Rand's thinking.

Also, it seems to me that the ta'verren (sp)? effects emmenating from Rand, Matt and Perrin are getting much more pronounced, especially from Rand..really.. rendering all those Aes Sedai speechless when he visited the tower? That would be remarkable with a large group of ordinary women, much less a roomfull of Aes Sedai (I loved that scene!). This is my first post with this username, but I've been following these forums for years and it's great fun.

Regards to All!

**and** sheesh! can't get anything right this morning...

You responded to my post, which means that I'll continue to post on this forum - a definite triumph regardless of grammar or spelling (which I didn't notice, anyway)!

I look forward to reading Tuon's PoV again in Knife of Dreams during my first re-read of the series - thanks for pointing it out to me (because I did forget)!

Thanks so much and catch you soon on the forum.

Archived