DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How far are you in WOT?

LevenThumps

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be great. I want all answers. Recently I read the chapters that involves Rand. It will be exiting to see how he will make it in the end.

I can't see how we will get the answers in only one more book.

I've heard that books 7-11 are not as good as the beginning of the series. Are they still a good book, just not as good, or completely terrible?

people have different opinions.

you've probably heard enough of ours.

there are good parts i think but... just lost the plot.

When i first got them I was just happy there was so much for me to read. I didn't think anything about them being slow paced until I started looking at discussions on the internet, and what other people were saying. I think they are very good books though. I like them :)

Guest PiotrekS

And yes I did look at the spoilers (it was too tempting), but it didn't reveal much.

It that's the case then I'm glad these were not real spoilers...

Hello, I'm on book 10 and am fairly new to WoT. I only started reading them last year. Read New Spring and started EotW and quit to have a baby. Then I got back into it around aug 2011 and havent stopped reading since. I LOVE all the books myself and didnt find any to be slow or boring, but am also listening to them on audio book and the readers are AMAZING!!!!I LOVE WoT world. Can't get enough. Gud

Quit to have a baby.... Soft!

:tongue: I jest, how is the infant?

The audiobooks are great! Michael Kramer and Kate Redding did a good job with them. Though I can't fight the image of:

<insert image if Kramer from Seinfeld>

whenever the readers introduce themselves. It quickly fades but it's there every time I start a new one....

Hello, I'm on book 10 and am fairly new to WoT. I only started reading them last year. Read New Spring and started EotW and quit to have a baby. Then I got back into it around aug 2011 and havent stopped reading since. I LOVE all the books myself and didnt find any to be slow or boring, but am also listening to them on audio book and the readers are AMAZING!!!!I LOVE WoT world. Can't get enough. Gud

I wish RJ would've finished the prequals. I do recomend to ppl to start with New Spring though.

I wonder if I would read the series for the first time straight through, without the wait and all the discussion through the years if I would feel the same way about the latter books?

i don't think i would have the... bitterness over them that i do. but i still think i'd find them difficult to plod through.

the wait added insult to the injury.

I remember the first read of some of them as boring but at the time I didn't know how pointless they were. During each of my re-reads I've learned to just skip entire chapters of the crap. I think all the re-reads I've done has taught me how pointless most of those chapters are.

i read some of them the first time thinking... wonder how this will end. and skipping to the back of the book... which is a thing i do... and just rifling through the pages in disbelief that... there was no ending.

and then hoping... for years... and knowing of course that there was no way the next book wouldn't resolve this little pointless point that dragged on and on so long... and reading the next book...

sigh

i guess i didn't learn to stop caring.

have now though.

Archived