DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Final words in the Final book

Caveatar

I read somewhere that team Jordan said/hinted/implied

that the final word of the book was either 'light' or 'time'.

It could be something as prosaic as

"The End of the Last Book of the Wheel of Time."

I hope not.

My hopes are for something like the following.

------------

Rand has died his second death, the pattern is whole and

Rand's Ladies are together and having a conversation.

Aviendha: "The Car'a'carn has saved the world. Even though he has

awakened from the dream we have what he saved for us. I have

my children and the Aiel to care for and guide past disaster."

Elayne: "And I have our children and Andor. Even though I said

I wouldn't accept the throne from him I know that without his actions

I would not be Queen of Andor if indeed Andor still existed at all. "

Avi and Elayne look to Min who has been silent.

Elayne: "Min I am sorry."

Min: "Sorry for me? Why?"

Elayne: Aviendha and I have his children and our respective people

to occupy us through the long years to come but what do you have?"

Min: "For as long as memory survives I will have enough, something very precious."

Avi and Elayne: "What is that Min?"

Min: "I will have the memory of him...A memory of Light."

-------------------------

Does anyone else have any ideas about it?

Jordan said the last word was probably going to be 'time'. I was thinking maybe a variation of "The Dragon rides again on the winds of time." or will ride, or must ride... so on.

Leave it to Luckers to come up with the most plausible ending possible....

Where is Mr. Ares to come up with something better?

Jordan said the last word was probably going to be 'time'. I was thinking maybe a variation of "The Dragon rides again on the winds of time." or will ride, or must ride... so on.

Or perhaps:

"The Wheel of Time turns, and an age has come and passed, leaving memories that will become legend. The legend of the Dragon will fade to myth, and even his myth will be long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. It is an ending, but not The End, for there are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time."

Hmmmmm. Well in that case.

I will add in my own comment by hand on the last page after the end.

"I have spent from my 51st birthday until well after my 72nd birthday

reading, rereading, speculating on WTH is going on? How will it turn out?

Will my personal wheel spin long enough for me to read the final book?

I love your writing J.O.R./Robert Jordan but damn! That is A LOT OF TIME!"

I think that Luckers is probably very close - but I'm going to guess that it's going to be another "Prophecies of the Dragon" only one written in "an Age yet to come" which says something along the lines of "Let the Dragon Ride again on the winds of time"... which will fit nicely with the "there are no beginnings or endings to the wheel of time" that happens at the start.

Rand, Mat and Perrin sitting on a log overlooking the Two Rivers as everything settles back into normal in the shire. Turning to his bestest buddies Rand says: "Dark One dunked; shadowspawn slammed; Foresaken Fuc-" looks arround for his three wives, "--I mean: Foresaken forgotten; and the Seanchan slapped. Everything is as it should be. I think I'll have a Bud Lite

Couldnt resist

Guys, I've been at work way too long tonight, please forgive me this.

The last words in AMoL: "Author's note. Sorry I couldn't finish this one, guys. I ran out of time."

Final scene from the Wheel of Time:

"Rand, wake up!"

"Whaa ... Tam? What's going on?"

"Egwene baked you a pie. It turns out that she sucks as badly at cooking as she does at everything else, so you've been sick"

"Wow. I had a dream that I was the Dragon Reborn."

"Really? Well, I had a dream that my son wasn't a lazy-assed bitch you lay around in bed all day. Now get up and get to work - tabac doesn't farm itself, you know."

END

The last words in AMoL: "Author's note. Sorry I couldn't finish this one, guys. I ran out of time."

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant...

ages come to pass, legends fade blah, blah blah. In an age called the fourrth age by some, an age long past,blah, blah, blah, the band of the red hand and the raven empress fights to regain the crystal throne, blah, blah, blah, and the dark one has been defeated, never to break the wheel of time.

• 1 month later...

I read somewhere that team Jordan said/hinted/implied

that the final word of the book was either 'light' or 'time'.

It could be something as prosaic as

"The End of the Last Book of the Wheel of Time."

I hope not.

My hopes are for something like the following.

------------

Rand has died his second death, the pattern is whole and

Rand's Ladies are together and having a conversation.

Aviendha: "The Car'a'carn has saved the world. Even though he has

awakened from the dream we have what he saved for us. I have

my children and the Aiel to care for and guide past disaster."

Elayne: "And I have our children and Andor. Even though I said

I wouldn't accept the throne from him I know that without his actions

I would not be Queen of Andor if indeed Andor still existed at all. "

Avi and Elayne look to Min who has been silent.

Elayne: "Min I am sorry."

Min: "Sorry for me? Why?"

Elayne: Aviendha and I have his children and our respective people

to occupy us through the long years to come but what do you have?"

Min: "For as long as memory survives I will have enough, something very precious."

Avi and Elayne: "What is that Min?"

Min: "I will have the memory of him...A memory of Light."

-------------------------

Does anyone else have any ideas about it?

This is Not, repeat Not, a prediction, just a question. The series isn't over yet, the last book isn't released, and I know of nothing that says that Min can NOT get pregnant, quite the contrary, given that she spends the most time with Rand, I am very, very surprised that she isn't already.

Come to think of it who says she's not? When was the last time anyone bothered to Delve her? She could be as much as 2 - 3 months along, and not know it, after all. Not all women get morning/afternoon/evening sick, eh? Also, although we have Min's viewing of Avi having quads, SHE isn't pregnant yet either, so still plenty of time for Min, who BTW, can not view herself, and so would not know that way, Eh?

One more thing, I do not remember RJ ever being so corse as to make any mention of Womens' monthly cycles, tho I may be mistaken on that, so we also do not have that clue.

Only Dragonmount people say this, but I can't find a reference. Found this one though. From the Wotmania/Dragonmount interview. :tongue:

I'm still holding out hope for, "I win again, Lews Therin" or, better, "Flicker."

But barring that, I'll be happy with Lucker's version.

No offense to the OP, but that particular piece of fan fiction triggered my gag reflex.

This is Not, repeat Not, a prediction, just a question. The series isn't over yet, the last book isn't released, and I know of nothing that says that Min can NOT get pregnant, quite the contrary, given that she spends the most time with Rand, I am very, very surprised that she isn't already.

Come to think of it who says she's not? When was the last time anyone bothered to Delve her? She could be as much as 2 - 3 months along, and not know it, after all. Not all women get morning/afternoon/evening sick, eh? Also, although we have Min's viewing of Avi having quads, SHE isn't pregnant yet either, so still plenty of time for Min, who BTW, can not view herself, and so would not know that way, Eh?

One more thing, I do not remember RJ ever being so corse as to make any mention of Womens' monthly cycles, tho I may be mistaken on that, so we also do not have that clue.

Min drinks heartleaf tea, which is why she's not pregnant. I think that, for her, that probably has more to do with not wanting to be pregnant during tumultuous times.

Archived