Masema Dagar, Padan Fain, and Jaret Byar

ballfire23

Masema Dagar, Padan Fain, and Jaret Byar  

23 members have voted

1. 1. who do you pick!

• Masema Dagar
    • Padan Fain
    • Jaret Byar

They all share the title of being a pain in the butt to the main characters, a bore in their foot, mostly towards Rand and Perrin, Mat have certainly been lucky to not have to deal with over-suspicios or over-fanatic alies/enemys, (exept his wife, who is a bit fanatic),

Dagar became insane after watching Rand fighting Ishamael in Falme (and in Fal Dera), and the rest of his life he lived as a falce prophet to the Dragon Reborn, and led a terrible regime of suspician and fanaticisme.

Jaret Byar have been a bore in Perrins foot for 11 books, or Perrin have been a bore in Jarets spine, that dipends on where you look, the other two-rivers have not experianced Byar, he was Perrins sole enemy.

Padan Fian is as we know is filled with hate, but most of all he hates Rand, but he also have a conection to Mat through the dagger, only Mat knows of the darkness of Shadar Logoth on his body as Padan Fain dose now, only Fain consumes it and uses it for his own evil.

are there other insane comenours who is not Forsaken or darkfriends, who is obsessed with one goal or is refucing to bow down a claim of a certian in-build fact.

Elaida is also a honorary member of the fanatic league

i could probably add Fortuna to the list of corrupted or fanatic minds, but she have a honoray to be mentioned.

Fortuona is an interesting character - she's more been brainwashed with the obsessive doctrine of the Seanchan rather than being corrupted herself.

In the most fanatic - Padan Fain would have to be No. 1, but I also think Aram, for his fanatical love/hate of Perrin is an honorary mention too.

Masema was twisted as hell, but for some reason I admire him at times. He's self-righteous and crazy, but for some reason he was fine until he actually heard about Rand being the Dragon Reborn. Although it was kinda crappy that he hated on Rand before all of that.

I feel like it's maybe partially Ishamael's fault that Fain got all messed up. He was probably your below-average DF previously.

But Jaret Byar? That guy was all twisted up and horrible on his own, and we never see a single moment of him being halfway normal. With no intervention from the Dragon Reborn OR the Betrayer of Hope, this guy is just angry, hateful, and fanatical. I've seen some make the case that Graendal got to him, but I think he was just like that, and if she had anything to do with him at all, she simply used a tool that was already sharp.

I think Jaret Byar is by far the least insane. He's about at fodder Aes Sedai/Whitecloak/Damane level of indoctrinated/intolerant/insane. If Red Aes Sedai and other fodder Whitecloaks can hate Perrin for his eyes, Byar can just be as scummy as them. If anything, his time in the proximity to Fain might have pushed him a bit over the edge.

I'd think that there are a couple other nutjobs like Elaida or Asunawa (he definitely would've tried to kill Perrin after he was saved by him if he was in his place) that are more insane than Byar.

Masema is......pretty insane. From 1 deceptive vision from X forsaken (probably Demandred) he changed his perspective of Rand (who he had known) and made up some sort of absolutely convoluted belief system. I also have no clue how he could make a giant heel face turn from an Aes Sedai respecting borderlander into a power-hating fanatic.

Fain is the most insane by far, he's just plain insanity.

Archived