DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where is Alivia??

Alivia is supposed to play a vital role in Rand's "death"... But when I was re-reading ToM, Alivia wasn't mentioned once in the book . She wasn't with Rand or Cadsuane and Rand didnt even consider her when he thought about the 2 woman who would help him with Callandor. I couldn't help wondering where Alivia was during the entire book... Maybe Rand sent her on an errand or maybe i'm missing something... But this really seemed weird to me. So i ask again: Where is Alivia??!!! :biggrin::rand:

Honestly, the last time I remember her "playing a role" was in the cleansing of Saidin. She's been briefly mentioned here and there since then and practically not at all the last two books to my recollection.

No idea if this is intentional or if she has just been overlooked. You'd have to think that with such an important viewing involving her that any exclusion of her cannot be a result of oversight.

I think the last time Alivia showed up was an offhand mention very early in TGS where Wise Ones were denying her lessons. It's a shame too as there was a lot of potential after she sort of became Rand's self appointed body guard in CoT and KoD. There was also more missed potential concerning Dark Rand too. Rand at that point is looking forward to dying at the Last Battle so you would think he'd keep close the woman who is supposed to help him accomplish that.

In ToM she's with Rand's group of peeps in Bandar Eban. That's the last we hear of her... I can only assume she will reunite with him at the Field of Merrilor.

The number of characters has reached a point where if they did a role-call like it was 3rd grade that's all there would be room for in any book.

Yes, she, or any number of others, could be up to something glorious or nefarious offscreen, but it's more likely she and they just aren't doing anything worth mentioning at the moment.

Wait, who is Alivia again? I don't remember her.

Seanchan damane freed by Rand. Somewhere close to Rand ever since. Something like 300 years old but socially retarded due to her long period as a damane. Very strong in the One Power. The one who fought Cyndane at the Cleansing and came out ahead. Viewed by Min as somehow "helping" Rand die.

• 2 weeks later...

<<The number of characters has reached a point where if they did a role-call like it was 3rd grade that's all there would be room for in any book.>> (sorry, don't know how to properly quote)

That is so true. I was just rereading the shadow rising, and with the introduction of nicola and the girls i felt myself screaming inwardly again: please don't, mention her name and add a description, there's far to many of them allready. same thing with ituralde (spelling?), awesome as he his.

do you guys remember the never endeing storry (michael ende); at the end of a plotline the narrator always went: "and she went of to x and would later found y and save z, but that is another storry, to be told at another time..." and some other times these storrys would be told at another time ant sometimes the wouldn't, but you could let go of a character sub-plot without guiltyly having to remember theme all and try to keep up in the back of your mind for it might be important and you have to double check every egwene dream for all the open plotlines and that can be such a chore at times.

ahh, to be a devoted fan...

The number of characters has reached a point where if they did a role-call like it was 3rd grade that's all there would be room for in any book.

Yes, she, or any number of others, could be up to something glorious or nefarious offscreen, but it's more likely she and they just aren't doing anything worth mentioning at the moment.

QFT

Archived