DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WTH Hopper? That is a LOT of wolves.

Caveatar

“Hopper, how are you here? I saw you die. I felt you die!”

'All are here. All brothers and sisters that are, all that were, all that will be.'

ALL ARE HERE. ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT ARE, ALL THAT WERE, ALL THAT WILL BE.

THAT is ALL WOLVES EVER!

If it means what it seems to mean then the Last Battle in TAR

is gonna be a helluva dogfight, er, wolf fight.

How many would that be total?

No wonder ol' Slayer is trying to kill them but he needs

more than a bow.

Hmmmm. The chapter/book fits the "checkov's gun" comment by

Sanderson on Twitter too but that probably isn't the same thing.

Caveatar

“Hopper, how are you here? I saw you die. I felt you die!”

'All are here. All brothers and sisters that are, all that were, all that will be.'

ALL ARE HERE. ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT ARE, ALL THAT WERE, ALL THAT WILL BE.

THAT is ALL WOLVES EVER!

If it means what it seems to mean then the Last Battle in TAR

is gonna be a helluva dogfight, er, wolf fight.

How many would that be total?

No wonder ol' Slayer is trying to kill them but he needs

more than a bow.

Hmmmm. The chapter/book fits the "checkov's gun" comment by

Sanderson on Twitter too but that probably isn't the same thing.

Caveatar

they wait in tar to be reborn, its not just a "all wolves ever" situation, that would me pretty much infinite numbers. who knows how many dead wolves live in the dream at any one time, but likely not as many as are alive most of the time.

So does that put them on equal footing as the Heroes of the Horn? Could someone make a horn that calls all the wolves out of TAR for the last battle? or maybe it's a dog whistle in this case.

Since the wolves were all overjoyed that there would be "a last hunt", when Rand

was doing his thing on Dragonmount/Veins of Gold, and unless all the wolves in

the world are having litters rapidly then for all the wolves in TAR to be in

the 'last hunt' there must be a lot of action going on in TAR during the last battle.

If all possible past, present and future wolves, excepting those currently incarnate

in the 'real world' are there in TAR then one hell of a lot of wolves are going to be

fighting their hairy asses off during that battle.

Hopper's statement, 'All are here. All brothers and sisters that are, all that were, all that will be.', seems rather definite to me.

Of course dead wolves may not understand what the words mean; "all that were, all that will be"

might just be totally meaningless.

The idea is that if all wolves ever are involved in the battle then there really aren't all that

many wolves/wolf souls in existence or there is gonna be a lot of fighting IN TAR. I assume ol'

Perrin will be in there with them. I hope so.

Caveatar

"All that were" and "all that will be" could very well be the same bunch of wolves, if they die and are reborn... because all wolves who were alive once, pass through here, and all the wolves who will be alive are the same wolves.

Either way, I think there will be a lot of fighting in T'A'R... Besides Perrin and the wolves, I get the feeling we'll be seeing Egwene, Rand, and the Forsaken prowling the World of Dreams as well.

"All that were" and "all that will be" could very well be the same bunch of wolves, if they die and are reborn... because all wolves who were alive once, pass through here, and all the wolves who will be alive are the same wolves.

Either way, I think there will be a lot of fighting in T'A'R... Besides Perrin and the wolves, I get the feeling we'll be seeing Egwene, Rand, and the Forsaken prowling the World of Dreams as well.

And lets not forget that this is not even the full ammount that could have been either. People like Luc, who hunt them in the wolf dream would have killed a good number of them and destroyed their souls.

For all there may well be thousands or tens of thousands of wolves, I'm sure I remember a line about how an entire pack will sacrifice itself to take down a darkhound.

I reckon the Darkhounds will, unfortunately, decimate the wolves and take down about 10 wolves for every DH that falls easily.

Archived