DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A few things about Moghedien

Troilen

I'm currently re-reading through Fires of Heaven and a couple of things I just read are kind of bugging me. Nothing groundbreaking or necessarily important, but I'm curious nonetheless.

1. Moghedien calls Liandrin "little sister". For some reason I hadn't noticed that before. The only other time I've seen that is from Rand, I believe after VoG, but perhaps before? Just wondering...at first when I heard Rand say it I thought maybe it was a derogatory statement from the AoL that male channelers said to female. Now I'm thinking maybe it was what full Aes Sedai said to apprentices? Just wondering.

2. Moghedien tells Liandrin and co. that Nynaeve, Elayne, etc. were in Sienda the day before yesterday. So obviously there are some darkfriends in Sienda that both saw and recognized at least one of them, most likely Nynaeve being as Moggy has her big vendetta against her. Now, I know it could very easily be some random unknown df...but just seems like we were meant to catch it. The only people we really hear about in Sienda are Galad, Trom, and the innkeeper. Thoughts?

3. There was a 3rd thing about how Jeaine Caide was trying to cover herself and looking horrified while Moggy was giving her her instructions. It gave me a little pause, but honestly don't think there is really anything to it.

I'm currently re-reading through Fires of Heaven and a couple of things I just read are kind of bugging me. Nothing groundbreaking or necessarily important, but I'm curious nonetheless.

1. Moghedien calls Liandrin "little sister". For some reason I hadn't noticed that before. The only other time I've seen that is from Rand, I believe after VoG, but perhaps before? Just wondering...at first when I heard Rand say it I thought maybe it was a derogatory statement from the AoL that male channelers said to female. Now I'm thinking maybe it was what full Aes Sedai said to apprentices? Just wondering.

2. Moghedien tells Liandrin and co. that Nynaeve, Elayne, etc. were in Sienda the day before yesterday. So obviously there are some darkfriends in Sienda that both saw and recognized at least one of them, most likely Nynaeve being as Moggy has her big vendetta against her. Now, I know it could very easily be some random unknown df...but just seems like we were meant to catch it. The only people we really hear about in Sienda are Galad, Trom, and the innkeeper. Thoughts?

3. There was a 3rd thing about how Jeaine Caide was trying to cover herself and looking horrified while Moggy was giving her her instructions. It gave me a little pause, but honestly don't think there is really anything to it.

For 1, I think there was some aspect of "Don't try to tell Gramma how to suck eggs!" in the "little sister."

2. Moggy has a network of informants. While most of us are willing to squabble about the meaning of every jot and tittle of this series, there has been remarkably little speculation on just who those informants are. You may have narrowed the field in this particular instance considerably.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with number 3.

Actually, that is one of the most overlooked mysteries. A bunch of BA, loaded with ter'angreal, recieves orders from one of the forsaken, and then they disappear from the story for several books. Elayne managed to take down a bunch of them, but not all. so what have they been up to? And perhaps more important, what are they up to now?

Actually, that is one of the most overlooked mysteries. A bunch of BA, loaded with ter'angreal, recieves orders from one of the forsaken, and then they disappear from the story for several books. Elayne managed to take down a bunch of them, but not all. so what have they been up to? And perhaps more important, what are they up to now?

True.

Moggy and Cyndane have been missing for the last two books, as well. We have one report about what they might be up to, but no actual evidence. Looks like there's gonna be lots of people jumping out of lots of cakes yelling, "SURPRISE!"

Not that this is important, but Rand also says this to Moiraine at some point (in book 5 i think), and I believe it was written that she looked annoyed.

I could never keep track of that group of Black Ajah. Good thing there's encyclopaedia-wot.

Berylla Naron and Jeaine Caide appear to be only ones in that original group unaccounted for now. Hopefully they were doing something interesting, because yes, they have not reappeared since TFoH. That's a long time to have them "behind the scenes."

What tickled my brain about that part is that Jeaine Caide always wears those "scandalous" dresses...she is used to flaunting herself. But then whatever Moghedien said to her made her start trying to cover herself up while looking absolutely mortified. Just struck me as odd. Like Moggy told her she needs to start sleeping with someone or something like that to gain intel...someone that is not exactly desirable maybe..idk.

What tickled my brain about that part is that Jeaine Caide always wears those "scandalous" dresses...she is used to flaunting herself. But then whatever Moghedien said to her made her start trying to cover herself up while looking absolutely mortified. Just struck me as odd. Like Moggy told her she needs to start sleeping with someone or something like that to gain intel...someone that is not exactly desirable maybe..idk.

Maybe she got sent to Taim..? A man who could channel is about the most repulsive thing an Aes Sedai could imagine.

I could never keep track of that group of Black Ajah. Good thing there's encyclopaedia-wot.

Berylla Naron and Jeaine Caide appear to be only ones in that original group unaccounted for now. Hopefully they were doing something interesting, because yes, they have not reappeared since TFoH. That's a long time to have them "behind the scenes."

And Rianna Andomeran. I have a theory about where Berylla and Rianna got to which can be found in this thread: Masuri, Annoura and the Shiny Dragon Man.

And Rianna Andomeran. I have a theory about where Berylla and Rianna got to which can be found in this thread: Masuri, Annoura and the Shiny Dragon Man.

Yeah I have read that before a few times and think it is very well reasoned out. Really interested to see how this one shakes out...

See? I still can't keep track of them.

Not that this is important, but Rand also says this to Moiraine at some point (in book 5 i think), and I believe it was written that she looked annoyed.

Yeah it was in book 5, and Rand was surprised at what he said, so it comes from LTT. And no doubt she was annoyed, after all, from her point of view, some 20 year old kid is calling her little sister.

I'm guessing it was just used by older Aes Sedai towards younger female Aes Sedai, not necessarily towards novices, or the equivalent in the AoL. Probably not derogatory either.

Archived