• Bleach
    • Fairy tale
    • One piece
    • Dead man Wonderland
    • Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    • Bakuman
    • Other
    • Dont Know what manga is.... : /

So I looked around for somewhere to put this... but i couldnt really find anything that was better then this! So pretty much talk about your favorite Manga and find new ones!

Please be cautious with spoilers :)

My favorite manga are Naurto, Bleach, Fairy tale, and Dead Man Wonderland!

So is this the thread where curious non-believers ask resident otaku about their beliefs and practices? Like transubstantiation of the ramen or how Jubei-chan fed the masses with two boxes of Pocky and a tray of sushi and all that? Can we ask you uncomfortable questions about otaku celibacy and asceticism or the ethics of cultural appropriation?

Inquiring minds must know.

(I realise the thread will be moved).

Bleach is my favourite manga. I'm currently re-reading Dragon Ball. I'm essentially up to date on Naruto (the war was just beginning when I stopped reading, Naurto having finally conquered the Nine-Tails). I'm read up to Luffy's gang having that contest with those pirates in One Piece.

I love manga, I go to the half price book stores and buy up all the ones that I like or that I have heard are good but I don't want to pay full price for. LOL

I can't get into the mangas for long running animes that I watch, Bleach, Naruto, One piece etc. I realize the anime came after the manga, but I dunno I just can't read what I've already "seen". Although I may buy Bleach if it ever actually ends since I'm such a HUGE fan of the show.

My budding manga collection (WoT is top shelf :tongue:!).

img00269201112202022.jpg

I can't get into the mangas for long running animes that I watch, Bleach, Naruto, One piece etc. I realize the anime came after the manga, but I dunno I just can't read what I've already "seen". Although I may buy Bleach if it ever actually ends since I'm such a HUGE fan of the show.

Bleach was my first manga. A lass I knew introduced me to it by recommending the anime to me. I watched the first episode and was hooked. I fell in love with Rukia+Ichigo, I despised Uryu for what he did when he first showed up! I watched up until Ichigo's rescue of Rukia. When I realised a filler arc was coming up.. I just couldn't be bothered. Dragon Ball/Z are the only ones that can get away with that.

So I switched to the manga. Haven't looked back since.

Interesting! You know that you could just skip ahead and read the new chapters and then you get to watch all the awesome battles and dont have to deal with the dump filler arcs!

Also theres plenty of places to read the manga online if you dont want to buy them from a book store.

Im also current with Naruto bleach and fairy tail! which i just read. !dragon slayer fight!!! EPIC!

Also theres plenty of places to read the manga online if you dont want to buy them from a book store.

I read Bleach's weekly releases, etc., that have been scanned and distributed on the internet. But that's only because it will take years for it to be published here. So I'm further ahead in my manga than my volumes tell, but I'm also not going to stop collecting the volumes.

lol i bet you have quite the collections! well now that we really know whose here i dont see any reason to not have some discussions on certain topics. One that i have concerning bleach is ichigo as strong as he was before he used the finale getsuhaga. And when i say before i mean when he was man handling aizen

lol i bet you have quite the collections!

Not really :tongue:! 23 volumes of Bleach, 16 volumes of Dragon Ball and 4 volumes of Dragon Ball Z (watch the anime so know everything), 3 volumes of Full Metal Alchemist (watched the original anime, not the new one, so don't know what happens), 7 Volumes of Naruto (read most on the net), 2 volumes of Death Note (though I borrowed a friend's volumes so I've read the whole series) and one VizBig volume Vagabond (read quite a bit on the net).

well now that we really know whose here i dont see any reason to not have some discussions on certain topics. One that i have concerning bleach is ichigo as strong as he was before he used the finale getsuhaga. And when i say before i mean when he was man handling aizen

I don't think Ichigo is as strong as he was after training in the Dangai. I think he's as strong as he was pre-Dangai. Although he couldn't take Aizen he was still one strong ass mofo. He would have taken Gin if he wasn't so mentally screwed up at that point.

So really Ginjou never had a chance against Ichigo.

Yea maybe idk about that. He has to have some boost in his strength with his new fullbring powers. His bankai is different for sure. It really irratates me that they build ichigo up and then tear him back down. :(

Well he lost his Fullbring powers when Ginjou stole them off him. And either way since he has his Shinigami powers back, Fullbring is sort of irrelevant now :biggrin:! But maybe it is what effected the change in his Zanpakuto.

I think he's still one of the strongest in the story by a far mile. He might be weaker than when he fought Aizen but these lower creatures can't comprehend their powers so it's not really as if he's fallen that far.. now they know he'll kirb-stomp them :biggrin:!

i don't read Manga, but i have recently gotten into Anime.

my fav Anime's

- InuYasha. i have all but "final cut" on dubbed DVD and have recently started a re-watch of the entire series. <3 Hakudoshi, bestest Nuraku incarnation and is FTW especially with Enty

- .hack//Sign. the original, not Roots or GU. though GU is one of the best RPG games out on playstation and is the standard i base all RPG's on. i also have this on DVD and it's the original Anime that got me intersted in the genre. saw it one night on Adult Swim and was hooked

- Death Note

- Fruits Basket

- Shin Chan

there are a few more that i really liked, but i can't remember them.

they finished it back in 07 or 07, but Viz hasn't dubbed it yet. *sulky look* and i want the dubbed version cause the Japanese dude that does InuYasha's voice sounds like a chick to me and is ultra annoying. plus i want it for my collection *nods eagerly* though if it's much longer, i'll just have to order the subbed version online so i can atleast have the entire show on DVD.

so far as i know yeah. i think there was a problem at one point getting the chick who does Sango's (or maybe the guy who does Lord Seshomaru) voice to return, but i believe they got it striagtened out. Viz is being relaly tight lipped about this, so there isn't much info to be found :unsure:

Archived