DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Princess Bride Mafia - Game Over!

Leelou

BOOOOOOOOO Solimind for that smirk on his avi picture. Who could trust that face?

Paet, I don't think that word means what you think it means. :biggrin: (couldn't help myself)

Talya, so serious? here have some Brownies.(I found them around here someplace)

If we are gonna get serious then I'll UNVOTE. I just woke up so let me get some coffee and my thoughts together.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote: Des

Pretty sure he is scum.

This was the scummiest post of the game, imo. how can anyone be "pretty sure" on D1 about anything? the fact there is no support for this claim and despite several requests for explanation wombat has not been back to give any really pings.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO Turin for blatantly forgetting to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO solimind for having more consanants than vowels in his name. And then forgetting to add the vote at the end. I blame the taint.

VOTE WWWOMBAT

Greatest apologies Contessa di Chaos and great MOD Goddess. *bows in shame and hopes to avoid further twappage*

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Talya and Nyn for only making their check in posts and then leaving us. (I have to Boo someone and not everyone realized that the BOOs are mostly not game related. maybe I need to make it more obvious) Their re-reads will be their punishment. :myrddraal:

BG skimming is scummy, even in the BT where spam is king.

Yeah... I don't seem to have as much time as the rest of you for spam :P Got a final in a week and then another one two weeks later. So this is the level of activity you should expect from me for the remainder of the game.

I did however re-read the pages that were added after I checked in and I'm going to refer to posts that stuck out to me.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Solimind for...I don't know I'll think of something.

Not if you are dead first. Vote Turin

LOL I don't know if this is actually scummy. I mean, it made me laugh. Seems to be done in jest. But if Solimind keeps his vote where it is for that reason alone... my stance in this is going to shift dramatically.

Pretty sure he is scum.

I've noticed from the WoT mafia game that you have this really... unfortunate... tendency of throwing away facts and not bothering to back them up with an explanation. Which is too bad because on games where you're town you seem to have really good instincts when it comes to scum hunting. So, would you try and elaborate more? :P

I find the case on Des kind of strange, but I also find the way Song is reaching to make a case on Des strange. :blink:

Haha. Yes. Strangeness seems to be ensuing :P

You go a long way to paint me as scummy with this post, and then vote the same way as me.

I think it was blatant that I was howsing awound. I honestly don't see how anyone actually thinks what I did thewe was scummy, and the people twying to spin it that way are mowe suspect than anyone else.

Both you and Song have gone to some length to paint it as an "odd" move, and then voted elsewhere. It feels like one or both of you is seeing if anyone will vote me based on your nudging of suspicion. THAT is a common scum move.

I sort of disagree. You can be suspicious of several people at the same time and pick the one that pings you most, versus pinpointing one person and not voicing your thoughts about other individuals. I also don't really feel that she went 'a long way' to portray you as scummy. You seem a tad bit defensive.

@Aiel...

Setup talk is almost always scummy this eawly. It doesn't sewve the good of the town to begin making speculative assumptions about the game setup until aftew you've seen enough cowonew weports and scenes to begin making infowmed assumptions. At this stage? Blech... it allows scum to simply convolute the town's momentum with conjectuwe, which usually wesults in townies falling in love with the way they think the setup should be and it will undoubtedly cloud their judgment latew in the game, when the wight answew is pwobably stawing them in the face.

"Knowing who the bad guys awe" won't mattew. We can't charactew weveal.

PS - This post westwiction sucks. I will NOT be as spammy as some of you know me to be, simply because of it. Sowwy.

I also sort of disagree with this. Some people enjoy speculating over the mechanics of the game. I'm not saying that it isn't possible for scum to use this as a way to confuse us later but I don't think it's an 'almost always scummy move', as you put it. I'm also not liking the way you keep spoon feeding us with what scummy behaviors are lol It doesn't feel like you're saying "Alright, this feels scummy to me." But rather it feels like you're saying it as a matter of fact. I think we can sort of make that call individually and also it can sometimes be highly subjective.

I would wecommend competing twains on D1. Thewe doesn't seem to be much in the way of case-making hewe, not on D1's. Voting twain histowy is always helpful latew, especially with competing twains.

Song should be one of them. I don't like that she voted one of the long twains, while making the insinuation that I'm playing scummy. Bandwagon vote + throwing something out there to see if it sticks on me = scummy.

Again, I don't really agree with this. You're allowed to say that you find 2/3/4 people suspicious and then vote for one of them. After all, that's all you can really do. And you're telling us again about another scummtelling move.

I hate play like this. If nothing else, use youw vote as an infowmative tool... put it somewhewe to gauge weactions. Telling evewyone that you awe paying attention and not willing to take a stance on anything is evasive, and immediately makes me pewk up.

Same goes to you Vewbal. Just vote Song if that is youw wead, I want to see some weactions. Holy mackewal evewyone acts like evewy vote is a scum tell. Scum is found in the maneuvering between the votes, not the votes themselves.

Yeah, I again don't really like this lol If a person wants to take his/her time in placing a vote I don't see what the big deal is. There isn't a deadline set yet so we can still feel our way a bit. I actually find it more suspicious when someone keeps switching their vote. I usually prefer to cast my vote once a day... twice tops (if I feel convinced and unvote). Which is why I take my time in casting a vote. But hey, each to their own.

Can we just lynch Ape and Turin?

Please do.

I don't really understand why you'd encourage this. If it's in jest, alright. But... yeah... seems a bit of a weird response.

All in all I'm getting a strong vibe from John. I think it's mostly to do with the way he's trying to educate us over what's scummy. Being on the fence is scummy, being suspicious and not voting quite yet is scummy, being suspicious of two people and voting for only one is scummy, talking about the different set up possibilities is scummy.... Well, guess what John... all this scummy labeling feels sort of scummy :P

Unvote

Vote John

Nyn

Talya, so serious? here have some Brownies.(I found them around here someplace)

The 'simples' is supposed to make you realise I wasn't being that serious...see big grin on my face...*points* well, that is mainly to do with eating chocolate!

I'm being a bit thick here (nothing new there!) but what is all this BOOOOOOing that Turin is doing, I'm thinking a role restriction or PR...but why (long time since I watched film, and I don't have time to watch it....otherwise I would)

Ahh. Well the Princess has a dream that she is about to marry the other dude and an old Hag doesn't bow but instead boooos her. She does it because she forsakes true love for the other guy. I don't remember if the character appears other then that but I was going to watch it today and ill update this if she does

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Talya and Nyn for only making their check in posts and then leaving us. (I have to Boo someone and not everyone realized that the BOOs are mostly not game related. maybe I need to make it more obvious) Their re-reads will be their punishment. :myrddraal:

Yeah... I don't seem to have as much time as the rest of you for spam :P Got a final in a week and then another one two weeks later. So this is the level of activity you should expect from me for the remainder of the game.

I did however re-read the pages that were added after I checked in and I'm going to refer to posts that stuck out to me.

LOL I don't know if this is actually scummy. I mean, it made me laugh. Seems to be done in jest. But if Solimind keeps his vote where it is for that reason alone... my stance in this is going to shift dramatically.

Pretty sure he is scum.

I've noticed from the WoT mafia game that you have this really... unfortunate... tendency of throwing away facts and not bothering to back them up with an explanation. Which is too bad because on games where you're town you seem to have really good instincts when it comes to scum hunting. So, would you try and elaborate more? :P

I find the case on Des kind of strange, but I also find the way Song is reaching to make a case on Des strange. :blink:

Haha. Yes. Strangeness seems to be ensuing :P

You go a long way to paint me as scummy with this post, and then vote the same way as me.

I think it was blatant that I was howsing awound. I honestly don't see how anyone actually thinks what I did thewe was scummy, and the people twying to spin it that way are mowe suspect than anyone else.

Both you and Song have gone to some length to paint it as an "odd" move, and then voted elsewhere. It feels like one or both of you is seeing if anyone will vote me based on your nudging of suspicion. THAT is a common scum move.

I sort of disagree. You can be suspicious of several people at the same time and pick the one that pings you most, versus pinpointing one person and not voicing your thoughts about other individuals. I also don't really feel that she went 'a long way' to portray you as scummy. You seem a tad bit defensive.

@Aiel...

Setup talk is almost always scummy this eawly. It doesn't sewve the good of the town to begin making speculative assumptions about the game setup until aftew you've seen enough cowonew weports and scenes to begin making infowmed assumptions. At this stage? Blech... it allows scum to simply convolute the town's momentum with conjectuwe, which usually wesults in townies falling in love with the way they think the setup should be and it will undoubtedly cloud their judgment latew in the game, when the wight answew is pwobably stawing them in the face.

PS - This post westwiction sucks. I will NOT be as spammy as some of you know me to be, simply because of it. Sowwy.

I also sort of disagree with this. Some people enjoy speculating over the mechanics of the game. I'm not saying that it isn't possible for scum to use this as a way to confuse us later but I don't think it's an 'almost always scummy move', as you put it. I'm also not liking the way you keep spoon feeding us with what scummy behaviors are lol It doesn't feel like you're saying "Alright, this feels scummy to me." But rather it feels like you're saying it as a matter of fact. I think we can sort of make that call individually and also it can sometimes be highly subjective.

I would wecommend competing twains on D1. Thewe doesn't seem to be much in the way of case-making hewe, not on D1's. Voting twain histowy is always helpful latew, especially with competing twains.

Song should be one of them. I don't like that she voted one of the long twains, while making the insinuation that I'm playing scummy. Bandwagon vote + throwing something out there to see if it sticks on me = scummy.

Again, I don't really agree with this. You're allowed to say that you find 2/3/4 people suspicious and then vote for one of them. After all, that's all you can really do. And you're telling us again about another scummtelling move.

I hate play like this. If nothing else, use youw vote as an infowmative tool... put it somewhewe to gauge weactions. Telling evewyone that you awe paying attention and not willing to take a stance on anything is evasive, and immediately makes me pewk up.

Same goes to you Vewbal. Just vote Song if that is youw wead, I want to see some weactions. Holy mackewal evewyone acts like evewy vote is a scum tell. Scum is found in the maneuvering between the votes, not the votes themselves.

Yeah, I again don't really like this lol If a person wants to take his/her time in placing a vote I don't see what the big deal is. There isn't a deadline set yet so we can still feel our way a bit. I actually find it more suspicious when someone keeps switching their vote. I usually prefer to cast my vote once a day... twice tops (if I feel convinced and unvote). Which is why I take my time in casting a vote. But hey, each to their own.

Please do.

I don't really understand why you'd encourage this. If it's in jest, alright. But... yeah... seems a bit of a weird response.

All in all I'm getting a strong vibe from John. I think it's mostly to do with the way he's trying to educate us over what's scummy. Being on the fence is scummy, being suspicious and not voting quite yet is scummy, being suspicious of two people and voting for only one is scummy, talking about the different set up possibilities is scummy.... Well, guess what John... all this scummy labeling feels sort of scummy :P

Unvote

Vote John

Nyn

I weally don't have any thing to say to this othew than, nice to meet you, you'we wwong.

How many times have you caught scum on D1? Just curious. I've got a pretty good track record for it. I'm an idiot when it comes to dreaming up scenarios where a bunch of players are all interconnected, but I've lead lynches on scum in 4 of my last 12 games... my first game here at DM, DPR's vampire game, I nailed blackhoof, nolder and one other scummate of theirs on D1, alone.

I may not be right about Song, but I'll stick with my philosophies on scumtells, thank you.

Yes, I am this arrogant too. If you dont' develop some level of confidence in the way you read games, you end up wifoming yourself into complete catastrophe. So, when I'm right... I'm very right... when I'm wrong, its a comedy of errors. :)

We are moving away from joke votes. Can someone tell Paetric? :tongue:

MCS has some suspicions but mostly asks question. Can you answer some as well? Who do you suspect?

Currently, i have a few people that are pinging me. First we have Wombat. He is playing the way he usually seems to when he's scum in my experience. The most recent example would be Meesh's Village mafia. Secondly I'm suspicious of John. He is being quite inconsistent in his ideology when posting, which is why I'm guessing Nyn voted for him. I'm not one to vote off of my gut on day one though, so I'll just be observing until I figure out something more concrete.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOLIMIND! Thanks, that is what I needed to Boo you for. That is a scumtastic vote.

Afraid to OMGUS?

Do you think it'll work?

They would need a miracle. Bye bye boys!

*waves*

@Turin: I honestly didn't think the PR's were legit because this is the BT after all and I could easily see peeps inventing their own PR's just to be funny. That being said I don't think you would come up with a PR as annoying as typing "BOOOOOOOOO" at the beginning of every post. But we shall see.

Vote Solomind cause that was kind of a scummy vote

This post says nothing and then parrots Turin saying that Soliminds vote was scummy when the vote was not scummy at all.

Posting at the exact 24 hour mark for dramaticism.

Just fyi folks, I'll be on LoA until Monday afternoon. (I might be back Sunday night, but I'm not sure at this point) Hopefully I'll be back before Day 1 ends though.

Until then I'll leave off with the second vote Solomind Just seems like a strange vote, especially considering Turin already had one.

Another person calling Solimind scummy for putting a 2nd vote on someone. This one is especially interesting as Meesh pointed out because Locke justifies his own argument by saying that "trains have to start somewhere" when the same could be said to justify Solimind's vote. Hypocrisy.

Just fyi folks, I'll be on LoA until Monday afternoon. (I might be back Sunday night, but I'm not sure at this point) Hopefully I'll be back before Day 1 ends though.

Until then I'll leave off with the second vote Solomind Just seems like a strange vote, especially considering Turin already had one.

Agreed. Vote Solomind

Oh and Hi to you too AH. :biggrin: I'm mainly observing right now. Sorry for being so quiet, I kinda switch back and forth from quiet to loud game to game on Day 1s.

K so BG is scum too.

"Everybody MOVE!!!"

... WoT incoming :biggrin:

While we're talking about setup I don't think the Grandfather or Fred Savage found their way into the game, even though having Columbo around would be very useful...

Hahahah! Colombo! OMG Des...how old are you?

26, bt I have an old soul :wink:

Pretty sure he is scum.

Someone already asked you about this Wombat and you apparently declined to go further into detail so I'll ask as well: Eh? State your case already.

I have finally seen the film. I´m still crying. I do feel the pain that Buttercup must have felt when her Wesley didn´t rescued her from her wedding. He didn´t rescue me from mine either. *blows the nose with Song´s dress*

Now I think Turin has some explaining to do. He left locaine in my glass and now tells me he did it to help me build an immunity to it. That is so nice. And who does something nice to another in a mafia game? Mafia - that is who! I will keep my eyes on you this game, mister. Could you please come to my kitchen and do what you usually do there so it will be easier for me to keep my eyes on you. Thank you!

Song - I admit. I love you too. If life was fair you would be dead by now anyway. :tongue: Anyway, I do agree with you. The scummiest player this far is Des. So I´m going to vote Des and start a real bandwagon.

And Verbal - I see you are sucking up to our mod goddess. That is so low. I would never do anything like that. :rolleyes:

Complete bandwagon vote mixed in with a bunch of other fluff and stuff bout the movie. FOS @ Tina

@Aiel...

Ape makes some good points here, we prob should hold off of gaming the mod for now and focus on scumhunting

Well I've caught up on everything in the game thus far. However I have yet to see anything that implicates someone enough for me to put my vote on them. I do have my suspicions though.

I also agree with Ape here as well, Mcs's post was pretty scumtastic. Fence-sitting while trying to make an excuse for why you might be fence-sitting = scummy. FOS @ Mcs

Biggest town read: AH

Biggest scum read: Song

Could you explain your reasoning behind this Verb?

Sure, once you state what your suspicions are. ;-)

While I agree Mcs should state his feelings on the game so far and hopefully throw his vote in the mix as well, I think it's scummy for you to try to use this excuse to hold your own reasoning hostage. Kinda dangerous to be getting a "big town read" from anyone at this point in the game, and if you find Song to be scummy why wouldn't you vote her?

Also someone (I think it was Song) tried painting me as scummy for voting Solimind (sorry for mispelling it at first :smile:) because of his vote, claiming that his was a joke vote. I'd like other's thoughts on this because Solimind's vote didn't seem like a joke vote at all, which is why I felt it was scummy. Song, defending Solimind much? Also I took my vote off of Ape because it started to look like the PR thing was legit, when at first it seemed like he was messing about and I felt it was odd that he would unvote so quickly. Then I realized he mainly voted Turin to help make his PR more visible so it was out in the open quicker. Smart move at that, doesn't mean I won't be watching him and anyone else in this game for scumtells tho.

I'm still happy with my vote on Solimind since he hasn't really explained his vote at all, but I'd also be completely fine with moving my vote to Song.

Who cares if it was a joke vote or not? It's not scummy and everyone painting that vote as scummy is suspect imo.

Skimming is anti-town. That being said, it seems to me that more often than not, the person accusing someone of skimming is actually scum trying to make up for a weak case.

Suspects:

Turin

Locke

BG

Des

Unofficial Vote Count

Des (4): Wombat, Song, Tina, Tayla

Solimind (3): Des, Locke, BG

Song (2): Ape, Heart

Verbal (2): Rhea

Turin (2): Solimind, Paet

Ape (2): Kae, Nyn

Wombat (1): Turin

Locke (1): Meesh

With 21 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Not voting: Smiley, Ithi, Matt, Player, Verbal

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Solimind for having a DM handle that ends in d.(totally random)

Wombat that was a whole lot of defending of Solimind. It may be the single longest post I have every seen you make. You took a shot at every single person who voted for him plus me for NOT voting for him. I believe I already had a vote in(even if it was a joke vote) and do not like to do a lot of vote switching, especially since there was no deadline. I will usually pick one person I think should be lynched each day and stick with that person unless I am convinced my vote is on the wrong person or my vote is needed to avoid a random lynch in a situation I am uncertain. I pointed out that I thought his vote was unfounded, basically that I didn't make a good joke about him. Apparently others agreed. You are free not to agree and to make whatever case you would like. I find your position to be that of defending a teammate that may have stepped in it with a flippant remark on D1. I think he was digging himself out okay but you may have just throw a load of dirt on him.

Your book here makes me think my vote is in the right place.

Ok, gonna just do a little reread for myself even though I’m half asleep because I will probably be busy the next day or two (going back to school and then the first day of classes)

Post 1/2

I still don’t know what to think or believe about Turin and Ape and their PRs....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO APE! and OMGUS. To think I didn't vote Ape so he wouldn't get 2 votes so quickly.

I think you are right Ithi. He does sound suspiciously like the Bishop. Who was a lackey of Humperdink's. Which side is that? In the movie Humperdink is definitely a bad guy.

I don't really think the Bishop would be a bad guy, but regardless the story in the OP makes it look like were looking just for the people who kidnapped Buttercup, so I'm not even sure Humperdink would be scum. Eh, on second thought, I think I'm overthinking it. Leelou would NEVER let Humperdink NOT be scum!

/double-negatived

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO APE! and OMGUS. To think I didn't vote Ape so he wouldn't get 2 votes so quickly.

I think you are right Ithi. He does sound suspiciously like the Bishop. Who was a lackey of Humperdink's. Which side is that? In the movie Humperdink is definitely a bad guy.

I picked you because youw name has has a "w" in in like "wattlesnake". :P

Unvote.

:huh:

Strange move already from one of our players. Vote Ape.

Also, OMGUS Rhea! :wink: And Ithi has started the gif train I see :biggrin:

And shame on anyone who has missed out on this treasure. It really is the total package movie, one of the most entertaining of all time.

"I wonder if they are using the same wind we are using?"

I can see why some would think that vote suspicious, but that what Ape did was a rather odd move for a mafia player. I don’t think it required a vote, but I also don’t think voting as a result condemn him....

Ape’s explanation for that odd move:

I made a joke vote, to accentuate my speech impediment. I wasn't going to leave my vote on someone, with no votes and pwetty much no game content.

Way to make something fwom nothing.

which caused Des to unvote.

I still don’t get why set up talk would be scummy

A lot of people found this to be scummy:

I found it strange but not necessarily scummy

But once agian Des votes:

Do you think it'll work?

They would need a miracle. Bye bye boys!

*waves*

@Turin: I honestly didn't think the PR's were legit because this is the BT after all and I could easily see peeps inventing their own PR's just to be funny. That being said I don't think you would come up with a PR as annoying as typing "BOOOOOOOOO" at the beginning of every post. But we shall see.

Vote Solomind cause that was kind of a scummy vote

Ok one thing about this post:

He was the second to vote for Solimind, but I suppose it would be different because(/if?) Solimind’s vote was just joke voting and was the second on someone. Just... seems off.

Pretty sure he is scum.

Because of those two votes? I can’t remember if you explained later or not. We shall see :P

Interesting set of quotes here...

Turin admits (even jokingly) that he was worried about putting two votes on someone.

I have never seen the Ape back down from a vote so quickly. Really odd, and definitely something to note.

But Desps are the most interesting so I will UNVOTE, VOTE DESP He backed off his vote rather quickly, and then made a joke to cover it up in a way. I understand Apey explaining his reasons, but still odd in the way it was done and interesting that he believed him right away. And then he decides to vote solmind for his first joke vote of the game, when it didn't even make a wagon? Over reaction? I think so.

I made the first line a link because I didn’t want to copy and put in all of that :P

Ok, one: she did not even mention Locke’s vote on Solimind

two: while Des does seem to be changing votes quickly, he is voting off of strange actions. Not enough for me to vote on usually but not enough to condemn him.

I have finally seen the film. I´m still crying. I do feel the pain that Buttercup must have felt when her Wesley didn´t rescued her from her wedding. He didn´t rescue me from mine either. *blows the nose with Song´s dress*

Now I think Turin has some explaining to do. He left locaine in my glass and now tells me he did it to help me build an immunity to it. That is so nice. And who does something nice to another in a mafia game? Mafia - that is who! I will keep my eyes on you this game, mister. Could you please come to my kitchen and do what you usually do there so it will be easier for me to keep my eyes on you. Thank you!

Song - I admit. I love you too. If life was fair you would be dead by now anyway. :tongue: Anyway, I do agree with you. The scummiest player this far is Des. So I´m going to vote Des and start a real bandwagon.

And Verbal - I see you are sucking up to our mod goddess. That is so low. I would never do anything like that. :rolleyes:

She throws a vote in there with a bunch of spam and doesn’t explain why she thinks he’s scummy. That’s the second under-explained vote on Des.

Under-explained? *not explained

And we’re up to my last read through... See Ape? I noticed different things this time :P though you still interest me *watches*

Turin, why are you making a point to say Leelou is smart (and such) all of the time in this game?

and it is done

what is??!?!?

The very scummy and still strangely silent BG swoops in and also votes for Solimind....

Agreed. Vote Solomind

Oh and Hi to you too AH. :biggrin: I'm mainly observing right now. Sorry for being so quiet, I kinda switch back and forth from quiet to loud game to game on Day 1s.

Ape didn’t like my post.... Or me not minding the set up talk.... and encourages trains....

Yay Verbal likes me!!!!! :P

Post 2/2

Well I've caught up on everything in the game thus far. However I have yet to see anything that implicates someone enough for me to put my vote on them. I do have my suspicions though.

= *blatantly dangles info in front of us without letting us see* I think I remember you doing this that other game too. It’s kinda annoying :P give us your thoughts so that we may tie it to a chair with a rope to torture a confession out of it by beating it with a hose so that we may find out what it really means. And come to think of it Verbal kinda did the dangle thing too--just was less showy about it I guess

asks for reasoning without giving anything :P

oh btw, I think this:

Please do.

was in respons to this:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Verbal for giving us hope that you can remove these hideous PRs and then not being able to.

Could you at least plead our cases to the great and powerful MOD goddess?

not this:

Sure, once you state what your suspicions are. ;-)

and a fun little circle forms

Des gives a WoT here

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Song for making a mountain out of a molehill. you gotta stay hydrated or your brain will get addled. :myrddraal:

Oh Glorious Goddess M'Hael Tina how could you doubt my towniness. What is a little odorless, tasteless undetectable poison amongst friends? *pickups up dish scrubber* reporting for duty!

Isn't that what D1 is about? Making stuff out of nothing to find something. EVeryone knows that. The Ape does it constantly. So funny he is getting all butt hurt by my poke.

Okay John. But why do you thing it IS one of those kind of posts.

Because Song knows me from a site whewe we spend the fiwst 30 pages of day one making joke votes. I cleawly have a post westwiction, and I made light of it by voting the guy with a "w" as in "wattlesnake" in his name.

She's using my weputation for tenaciously awguing evewything to insinuate I'm scummy for backing off a joke vote. Thewe was no content in the game. Of couwse the vote wasn't sewious.

Hew post votes one pewson, and slights anothew (me). No guawantee its scum agenda, but I don't like it.

Well of course I am going to point out all the suspicious posts so far. I don't normally just attack one person day 1, unless I'm scum or pretty darn sure of something. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Also nowhere did I defend solmind, other than pointing out the obvious that it was a complete joke vote and his first one at that. I was only pointing out the obvious, but if that's scummy then so be it.

The point of day one is to find stuff, and you certainly have ruffled feathers.

So are you “pretty darn sure” or are you scum?

And Ape, looking at that again... she mentioned you in one line of that WoT post and then voted for Des... Did I miss something else that caused that reaction?

And they argue back and forth for a little while.... BG proves that not only is he being silent, but skimming as well!!!

Is there a reason for them mostly not being game related

There is a discussion on the scuminess of skimming.....

I voted for Turin because he put so much effort into his list but didn't have a reason to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO me. I'm all about providing the justification. That said, I'm observing the state of things and could be swayed to change my vote if one of you mafias makes a mistake. I'm watching you.

Keeps his vote on Turin when there’s been a lot of other stuff thrown up to aim at... Interesting.

this ^^

Vote Verbal. Scummy vibes with that whole town read/scum read post. I've seen that before, but not on day one. It was a scumtell then though and this just feels wrong to me.

Just making a note of this.

Leelou threatens to have a deadline

Paet dashes across the thread with a very late joke vote....

What happened to your W's Ape?

Wondering where your PR that you gave him went, BG?

And Turin, I'll post when I have something to say and not before. I have been reading, but couldn't be bothered to join in with all the movie stuff...everyone was doing...simples!

So now that we have some bandwagons going, let put some more pressure on and see what happens...

UNVOTE, VOTE DES

1) Turin said somewhere that he cursed his randomly assigned player role, so I highly doubt Ape’s would be given to him by BG.... That is if Turin was telling the truth. I trust no one >.> <.<

Joins the Des bandwagon for no reason but pressure

Verbal gives up on Matt and explains his post from before:

To clarify as I've been questioned on it, I posted a "biggest town and scum read" to see who poked it and who jumped onboard.

AH had questioned Wombat about his read on Des, but the repeated question appeared pro-town. Scum would likely say it once to look good and then move on to the next opportunity. For AH to stay focused says town to me.

And I didn't say "big" read....I merely said "biggest". It was a small read, but the biggest I had. And I wanted to see what happened if I randomly tossed it out with no explanation.

Apparently nothing except a slight backfire. Hehe.

hahaha Idk about “focused” but the town part is right :P and people definately reacted to that so we can learn something.....

Note: Matt and Wombat still haven’t explained themselves after being asked to, and Tina also never gave any explanation for her vote. Did I miss any others?

Nyn comes in... Comments on a few thing then votes Ape

MCS has some suspicions but mostly asks question. Can you answer some as well? Who do you suspect?

Coming from one who also gave no explanation :P

Tayla needs help getting the “BOOO”s.... Ape is a VERY modest individual....

Yipee Kayay

Well, instead of being silently silent, you are silent out loud. WHY????? *Shakes BG until thoughts come out*

(XD which made me think of this so I had to go and look for it:

*poke*

*shakes to see if any mafia fall out*

I just had this funny image of a dude with curly mustaches falling out of the tree saying "Dagnabbit, you found me!"

Can someone explain to me why I think that is so funny????)

Currently, i have a few people that are pinging me. First we have Wombat. He is playing the way he usually seems to when he's scum in my experience. The most recent example would be Meesh's Village mafia. Secondly I'm suspicious of John. He is being quite inconsistent in his ideology when posting, which is why I'm guessing Nyn voted for him. I'm not one to vote off of my gut on day one though, so I'll just be observing until I figure out something more concrete.

Matt posts... and ok

The long awaited Wombat post which seems to explain that Des is scummy for the vote on Solimind and anyone who votes with him is also scum. Not much of a reaction to anything recent--the one exception being a comment about skimming

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Solimind for having a DM handle that ends in d.(totally random)

Wombat that was a whole lot of defending of Solimind. It may be the single longest post I have every seen you make. You took a shot at every single person who voted for him plus me for NOT voting for him. I believe I already had a vote in(even if it was a joke vote) and do not like to do a lot of vote switching, especially since there was no deadline. I will usually pick one person I think should be lynched each day and stick with that person unless I am convinced my vote is on the wrong person or my vote is needed to avoid a random lynch in a situation I am uncertain. I pointed out that I thought his vote was unfounded, basically that I didn't make a good joke about him. Apparently others agreed. You are free not to agree and to make whatever case you would like. I find your position to be that of defending a teammate that may have stepped in it with a flippant remark on D1. I think he was digging himself out okay but you may have just throw a load of dirt on him.

Your book here makes me think my vote is in the right place.

And noted.

Wow that was longer than I expected.... Well, won’t have to do a reread for a bit...

In conclusion: half of the board is acting weird. I’m comfortable with my vote on Song, do not like Tina, am closely watching Ape and Wombat and.... I feel like I’m forgetting someone but am on the verge of falling asleep.

Sparkle points to whoever got the non-Princess Bride allusion in my post ;)

Goodnight

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Solimind for having an even number of letters in his handle.

Heart, I don't think anyone would want to do this to themselves(Ape, I feel your pain). As for why I don't make them game related, I am finding it difficult to fit them into one line. Half the ones I tried apparently went wrong cause I had to explain afterwards. I think if I live to D2 I way change the mechanics of it if I can figure out a good way to deal better with it.

As to why I am saying the great and powerful MOD goddess is smart (and such):

1. I believe it,

2. I am praying to be shown some mercy from this dreadful affliction. Or maybe at least it be revealed as real so we can move on about the doubt already.

You mentioned the convo about the setup discussion. I initially thought it be purely innocent and harmless but I can see the danger of "gaming the mod" as it were. There is a way for mafia to put some pre-conceived notions into the town's thought processes. There is potential these can be exploited at a later time. That is why I stopped that line of questioning for my part.

That was a good catch on Ape responding to me and not Tina. Although I can understand his feelings if it was Tina he responded too.

Thank you player...i remember that scene now!

Just a few observations:

this vote and unvote between Turin and John (sorry don't know why you are called ape and I don't know you well enough) seemed like two people on the same team...accusing each other but not actually serious about it...not sure that explains what I mean...it's a feeling I got between the banter between them.

I do find it odd those that think Solimind's was a scum vote because he's was a second vote...

This happened just before:

Checking in a la spam. And #8 has failed me many times but it's still my favorite number so tough. lol Vote Meesh ;) </3

Nyn

This was the first second vote and no one commented, the reasoning behind this was just as scummy (if that's what you think Solimind's vote was) as Solimind's. On the whole, Second votes don't tend to be scum...(not 100% obviously) usually they are more concious of not making themselves stand out in the voting, and second vote always seem to be picked on. ~Maybe look at those who have put votes on a person and haven't moved around much, there you my find mafia hiding. Turin pointing out the Solminds vote was 'scumtastic' is interesting, because he is pointing it out, almost as if he is wanting people to take up the call, and guess what, they have! I'm going to try and have a a quick read through...and if I see anything else to add to my thoughts.

Wow I kinda expected there to be more action since I was busy the past couple of nights. Alright so we're def gaining a fair amount of info for day 1 so far, but we gotta keep this rolling so we can come up with a good lynch candidate before Leelou puts in a deadline on us.

My thoughts on some players thus far:

Solimind - I still don't think his vote on Turin's was as simple as just a joke vote. Maybe some got the feeling he was kidding around, but I def didn't and since they don't really know eachother so there is thus no groundwork for joke voting to take place anyways, and then considering the fact that Solimind has defended his vote on Turin a couple of times, I think it's fairly obvious that his vote wasn't really a joke vote, but could have been a vote trying to be disguised as a joke vote, which makes it a scummy vote. Plus he's already had a few people come out to defend him, which tells me there might be a good chance that Solimind is scum and possibly one or more of the people defending him could be his teammates. A coroner's report on him would def tell us a lot. (Btw from what I can remember, Song, Wombat, and Nyn can all be said to have defended Solimind in their own way)

Song - still thinks Solimind's vote was "obviously" a joke vote when apparently a number of people feel that his vote was more than that. Def coming off as scummy to me right now

Wombat - Finally deigns us worthy enough to hear his reasoning regarding his own vote. So he says he's "pretty sure" that I'm scum, this early into day 1, yet still has given very little to no evidence exhibiting any scummy behavior of mine. And he also defended Solimind fairly strongly, definitively saying his vote on Turin wasn't scummy. How would Wombat KNOW that to be the case? Kinda looks like either Wombat is trying hard to bail out a teammate, or that he's defending someone he knows to be town because he is scum himself

Tina - already mentioned how she completely bandwagon voted, but another of her posts recently really bothered me:

She seems to be REALLY worried that a joke vote on her might start a train on her, very scummy to ask someone to remove a joke vote from yourself

Talya - also bandwagon voted, saying she wanted competing trains. With so many good scummy candidates to choose from, I think she's trying to oversimplify this game by making it seem like me and Solimind are the only ones who should be pressured today. Very scummy.

Prepost edit: Talya posted again recently, and is trying to make it seem like the only reason Solimind's vote looked scummy was because of it being a second vote on a train. That really wasn't why it seemed scummy to me; I thought it was a vote that was trying to get a train started on Turin while also trying to look like a joke vote.

Mcs - gives us some of his thoughts after being asked to present them (he teased us with them with a post before that), but still decides not to vote. Fence-sitting isn't helping us nab any scum bro

Locke - Kinda seems like he's trying to hang back and keep from incriminating himself; he voted but when asked for reasoning to his vote said that MCS should give his first. Once again, fence-sitting isn't helping town right now

Nyn - For having posted very little has some EXTREME tunnelvision on Ape. Seems a little early to be quoting almost every one of someone else's posts to try and make them out to be scummy.

Paetric didn´t vote me, he voted Turin. I thought it was worth mentioning that when others started to unvote their joke votes and get serious he comes in and throws out a joke vote. You are saying that fence-sitting is bad for the game. What about a late joke vote? How come you are using his joke vote and my comment of it to incriminate me?

With Locke I assume you mean Verbal?

Archived