DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Breaking the seals/loose ends

amegakure

So I was thinking. There is so much raw info that has yet to happen and be revealed to tie off all these endings. Now in the last few chapters Rand states that he will break the seals in a few days after he meets with Eqwene. If Rand does break the seals in those days theres no way we will be able to figure out all these loose ends because Tarmon gaidon will have started! Any thoughts on What will happen when Rand comes to meet with the different kingdoms?

unless im mistaken he tells eqwene when hes at the white tower she had a month to prepare and all that blah blah. eqwene says that if they failed rand would break the seals the nxt day. I can get quotes if that would be helpful

He did say something along those lines to Egwene, but he appears to have been misleading her regarding the true purpose of the Fields of Merilor meeting. In the epilogue Rand thought to himself that he was going to break the seals no matter what the leaders at the FoM said and that the purpose for calling the gathering was so he could make certain demands upon the nations in exchange for him saving them from the Dark One (likely instituting the Dragon's Peace as Avi saw during her trip to Rhuidean).

EDIT: Now I get what you're asking -- you're wondering what's going to happen. Well, that's anyone's guess. We know Rand's intentions, we know Egwene plans to oppose his plan to break the seals, and we know that there are different loyalties among all the different armies at the meeting, some who would likely support Rand and others who would likely oppose his plan. It's going to make for an interesting time.

unless im mistaken he tells eqwene when hes at the white tower she had a month to prepare and all that blah blah. eqwene says that if they failed rand would break the seals the nxt day. I can get quotes if that would be helpful

He did say something along those lines to Egwene, but he appears to have been misleading her regarding the true purpose of the Fields of Merilor meeting. In the epilogue Rand thought to himself that he was going to break the seals no matter what the leaders at the FoM said and that the purpose for calling the gathering was so he could make certain demands upon the nations in exchange for him saving them from the Dark One (likely instituting the Dragon's Peace as Avi saw during her trip to Rhuidean).

EDIT: Now I get what you're asking -- you're wondering what's going to happen. Well, that's anyone's guess. We know Rand's intentions, we know Egwene plans to oppose his plan to break the seals, and we know that there are different loyalties among all the different armies at the meeting, some who would likely support Rand and others who would likely oppose his plan. It's going to make for an interesting time.

Nah. He is saying that when we left the story arc, Rand is one day away from breaking the seals and starting the Last Battle.

How then, could all the other plot lines resolve when the Last Battle has been started.

It seems to be a question of, is there enough time for everything to be resolved after Rand breaks the seals.

I almost think that the Last Battle will happen in the middle of the book and the final scene that RJ had envisioned from the start is really part of the aftermath long after the Last Battle. In that case there will be some wrapping up of storylines but we all know things will be left unresolved.

There's a 20-odd day gap in Rand's timeline between his visit to Arad Doman and his arrival at Maradon.

That does allow for some resolutions since we don;t know where he was and what he did.

Also, Lan's timeline is deliberately vague.

The BT timeline is also behind other timelines

1. Keep in mind that RJ never had any intentions of tying up al loose ends for us. On the contrary, he deliberatly planned to leave some of them hanging.

2. the last battle will not only be Rands doings at SG. There will be things going on all over the place, and that opens for a lot of plots being solved during the Last Battle.

Considering the attack on Caemlyn, the possible attack on the WT, and the situation at the BT, I'd be surprised that the meeting was not interupted one way or another. I'm guessing Rand is going to have to push his plans back a little. ToM was nice because we were finally seeing what Rand was fully capable as the Dragon Reborn, but if we see that continue and Rand just walk all over the shadow, it'll be rather boring. The Shadow has to stike back at some point.

The last battle started with the attack on Camelyn. Or perhaps the 13x13. Rand breaking the seals isn't going to suddenly allow all hell to break loose, it already has. People refer to the AOL where it took 100 years for the DOs plans to manifest. Today he has had over 1,000 years (via ishy) to set up his plans. Even if te seals remain intact, the LB is upon us and i don't think its the fighting or the attempt to fix the bore that will determine the final outcome. To know that, we'd havr to know what the DOs main intentions/schemes truly are

I'm just wondering here, but has Rand found the 7th seal yet, and if he has, how is he going to break the remaining seals? If even one still holds with half the strength of Cuendillar, it will require him to use the True Power to break it. I've not even seen someone bring that small fact up yet. Or also why the seals are the symbol of both male and female Aes Sedai when the females refused to help.

I'm just wondering here, but has Rand found the 7th seal yet, and if he has, how is he going to break the remaining seals? If even one still holds with half the strength of Cuendillar, it will require him to use the True Power to break it. I've not even seen someone bring that small fact up yet. Or also why the seals are the symbol of both male and female Aes Sedai when the females refused to help.

The "Seals" are immaterial. Literally. The cuendillar discs are merely the focus points for those Seals. Something material that people can see, touch, and manipulate. Mere symbols. Motorcycle is not something you can ride. It's just a symbol that we use to describe a certain type and arrangement of parts that combine to make a conveyance that people can ride. But the word is not the thing. It's just a representation for the thing.

We don't really know how many of those discs are still in one piece anymore since we haven't seen any of them in several books. It's possible that all have already broken. Yet the DO remains Bound.

It's also possible that Rand, with all of LTT's memories incorporated, can go break the Seals without ever touching or being anywhere near any of the discs. That he can destroy the Seals and leave the remaining discs intact.

Let Egwene have her symbols. Rand has, or knows where and how to find the actual things.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Last Battle is quite a bit different from what we are expecting (Trolloc battles with dreadlord duels etc). Its been stated several times that the DO is subtle and Verin said that a battle is being fought in a way that Rand wasn't considering. Add to that the fact that Alviedha's vision of the relatively near future didn't seem like a post-apocalyptic world you would expect even in victory (Caemlyn apparently isn't going to burn to the ground, and it appears to be a focal point).

I kinda suspect that Rand's struggle in VOG at the top of Dragonmount could have been the true last battle. Perhaps the DO needs the DR to destroy creation for him, and everything else is at best a draw and another cycle of the wheel. But in this turning I think Fain is a wild card and anything might be possible. Just my two duckets.

The last battle has already started, it started on the moment Rand failed to destroy the world in TGS.

But I also agree that it seems unlikely the LB is going to be what we think it is, the DO has already shown that he approaches things in a completely different way. Rand was busy trying to prepare for a head-on collision, when it was in fact a war of subt

• 3 weeks later...

Rand already has all the (remaining) seals. im not sure if he is aware of it, but Morridin says so in one of the later forsaken meetings. I thought KoD. the one where Aran'gar and Greandal form an alliance.

It's been made clear that most seals can now be broken by a fall from a table. I think that the more are broken, then more strain there will be on the remaining seals. that would mean any next one will be weaker.

I hope we'll see the BT resolve first...im longing for that one. i hope it involves Logain Asha'man linking their AS and kicking butt. that would be a nice interpretation of Elaida's foretelling "And sisters shall walk its grounds" when there isn't any sister leading any flows.

Archived