DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL prologue early download?

Isahn

Brandon has talked about early chapters, and a Great Hunt similar to what you saw with Towers of Midnight and The Alloy of Law. I believe the prologue is to be offered again for a few bucks. Historically, that release has occurred a month (give or take) before the book release.

I for one hope that - in honor of the final volume of the Wheel of Time and owing to the long period given to editing - that they are aggressive with the early chapters. I remember that Brandon Sanderson released five chapters in advance of his epic The Way of Kings.

It's not his call though. Harriet is the final arbiter there. She usually errs in favor of doing it as her husband did.

But, honestly, wouldn't it be great if they threw us a monthly bone starting in the spring until the book release?

While I am all for the Prologue being released early, I think that TOR should donate the money they make off of this one. Releasing the Prologue early has been common practice since Winter's Heart was released, I am of the opinion that TOR has made enough money off of us by selling the Prologue to us twice.

Chances are it will follow the same path. Prologue released as a sale ebook, first chapter released free, second chapter released as an Audible download, and a third chapter released in a wotgh by Brandon.

As for paying for the prologue. I've never understood this complaint; we aren't buying the prologue twice, we're paying for the privledge of having early access. No one is forcing that, and if you don't want to pay for it that's fine. Don't.

Guest Emu on the Loose

Given how much AMoL needs to cover, I'd be surprised if any single chapter (including the prologue) is suitable for early publication. I would expect spoilers everywhere.

I think that, this time, I'd rather they not release anything before publishing the book itself. Even if they do, I'm not going to buy anything ahead of time. I'm going to get the entire book in my clutches and read it straight through. No more stopping, no more waiting for the next exciting installment. This is it. This is the end of things. This is the last helping, the dessert, the coup de grace. I don't want any more cliffhangers.

Given how much AMoL needs to cover, I'd be surprised if any single chapter (including the prologue) is suitable for early publication. I would expect spoilers everywhere.

I think that, this time, I'd rather they not release anything before publishing the book itself. Even if they do, I'm not going to buy anything ahead of time. I'm going to get the entire book in my clutches and read it straight through. No more stopping, no more waiting for the next exciting installment. This is it. This is the end of things. This is the last helping, the dessert, the coup de grace. I don't want any more cliffhangers.

Extremely well said I for one am with you on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Extremely well said I for one am with you on this one.

Eloquent.

I just can't wait though, I'll probably get the early ones and then try my hardest not to visit for a while, until I can finish it without spoilers and theories... yeah right :biggrin:

Isn't reading spoilers the whole point of reading an early chapter? I am not paying $5 for absolutely nothing to happen. With AMOL the only thing that won't be up for grabs is the Last Battle. Literally, anything else could happen and that is very exciting to me. The prologue of ToM was also revealing in many ways as we saw a Forsaken die in it.

Isn't reading spoilers the whole point of reading an early chapter? I am not paying $5 for absolutely nothing to happen. With AMOL the only thing that won't be up for grabs is the Last Battle. Literally, anything else could happen and that is very exciting to me. The prologue of ToM was also revealing in many ways as we saw a Forsaken die in it.

I get your point Pand, the case with me is more: that I would then come and speculate etc. and would be bummed if, in the end, my theory was wrong and the one I argued the most vehemently against was right.

There, I said it, I like to be right. :wink:

Archived