DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shay up your life! (open yall!)

Christine

DAMN! Who in the blasted light built those walls so high? They weren't even bloody complete, and they still scared Shaylor close to visiting the Dark One. Add on the fact that she had heard from many villages over the past two days that an army was stationed here, and Shay knew that she was just crazy enough to go there. Derek had better be here, or else she was just going to give up. She had been looking for him for over a year now, visiting different villages and towns and learning many things.

What had she learned about all of this? Her brother was a fool. She actually wasn't that bad with a Gladius. There was a man out there that was now done with the family jewels. She was a good Healer. Men were pathetic. Yeah, that was a good basis on her thoughts from her travels.

The gate began to open and Shay stopped Cuebiyar. Poor thing. Her beautiful snow white mare was so tired of traveling. This would have to be their final stop- at least for a while. A woman came from the gate and called out, asking her business. Well, its just like every other blasted town- stick your head in others' business.

Shay would have been a smart wench, but considering the weapons she could already see were enough to kill her ten times over, she kept her tongue cool and answered politely. "My name is Shaylor, and I am seeking refuge and searching for my brother. I carry only a gladius, which I will hand over, and I am alone."

The woman nodded and smiled, and Shaylor climbed down from her horse. Shifting the hood on her head, she set it down on her shoulders, her blonde curls setting out on the dark red. She even shook out her white dress, trying to get the dust from it. "One moment," she said to the woman as she approached. Pulling up her skirts slightly, she pulled down the breeches she wore under her skirts and got them off, pulling off her riding boots too.

"Blasted skirts are horrible for riding in," she said, folding up the pants and placed them across the saddle. The boots went in a spare bag and she pulled on white slippers that matched her skirts. The woman was now by her side, and Shay nodded her head. "I am from Ghealden. And you are? Oh, and do you want my weapon? I am not really that good at the light blasted thing!"

By the time the woman on the horse neared the gate, Miria already knew of her presence, the scouts that were further out from the walls had already passed along the information, no doubt without the young woman even realising. Stepping out from the shadow of the wall, Miria made her presence known. She had to crane her neck, looking up at the woman on horseback from her diminutive height as she asked her business at the citadel.

Miria smiled at Shaylor. She could well relate to seeking refuge, after all, she had done the same some time ago now, looking to hide from the bounty on her head. She waited patiently as the woman dismounted, somewhat amused as she stripped off her pants from beneath her skirts. Didn’t she know it was easier to just wear breeches and a blouse? She hid a chuckle at the white skirts and slippers, they wouldn’t stay that colour for long, walking the muddy streets to find Mehrin.

“You can keep your weapon, I doubt you would be foolish enough to try and use it with this many soldiers surrounding you.†Miria’s voice was friendly as she began to lead Shaylor through the gates, leaving her horse and belongings with a young groom, too young to be a soldier but eager to help howeer he could. “My name is Miria, I am originally from Andor.†She said. “I will take you to see Mehrin, the commander, and he will be able to help you.†She cast a sideways glance to the other blonde woman and smiled. “Of course, if there is anything I can do for you, don’t hesitate to ask.â€

Miria

• 1 month later...

The woman nodded in response. "You can keep your weapon, I doubt you would be foolish enough to try and use it with this many soldiers surrounding you."

Shaylor laughed softly, taking Cuebiyar by the reins and leading him behind her. They approached the gates and she handed her beautiful horse to the groom standing there. "Be careful with her," she whispered to the boy and ran her fingers over her 'hearts' thick hair.

"My name is Miria, I am originally from Andor. I will take you to see Mehrin, the commander, and he will be able to help you." Shaylor caught the woman glancing at her and returned the smile. "Of course, if there is anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask."

Shaylor gave a quick nod then looked up at the walls, still unfiinished, and people around her. "Where are they all from?" she asked quickly, her glance returning to Miria.

Miria shrugged. "From all over. Some are like you and I and sought refuge, others just tend to flock to an army. Everyone has their own story."

Shaylor nodded, understanding. She had come to escape her father and the life she was being placed into... and of course, the marriage that had been forced upon her. The ring that had been given to her was on a chain arouund her neck and hidden behind her dress. She had tried to pawn it in one town, but the metal itself was worth more than the man had been willing to offer for the entire ensemble. She would find someone to take it, eventually. Well, hopefully her marriage wasn't still legal.

"So, who is this Mehrin fellow? You said he was the Commander, but what exactly is he commanding? Infact, what is this entire place?"

Miria continued walking as she began speaking on a brief history of who they were and how they had come about. Many details were left out, but that was understandable, considering that Shaylor had just arrived and might not even be staying. She listened intently, finding that perhaps she herself could stay for a whle and join. Certainly, not in battle, but she could join as a medic. She did know some about healing from Mardon and the rest from Steve. Light she missed her brother...

A gorgeous man came running up to him, a smile on his face, and Shaylor admired him until she saw the smile on Miria's face. Perhaps he was already taken- Ok, yes he was. The two of them were now kissing passionately, and Shaylor glanced away for a moment, a pain in her chest. She hadnt kissed anyone like that since the night before Mardon was killed. She had never loved him, of course, but it still hurt to know her lover was dead.

When he pulled away, Shaylor got a good look at the man. He was rather tall and had pretty brown hair. His eyes seemed to pierce into her and the muscles were beautiful. Miria had good taste. In fact, the woman looked rather smug, a grin on her face as she looked at the man Shay assumed to be her lover.

"You have good taste," commented Shaylor to Miria, who just laughed and blushed.

Offering her hand to the man, she said, "Shaylor Tamora Carlisle from Ghealden. Miria was showing me to the Commander- I am here looking for my brother. However if you two have other pressing matters, I am certain I can find my way alone..."

Shaylor laughed again, noting the blush on both their cheeks and laughed harder inside at her choice of words, which she hadn't noted till then. "And you are?"

Kedyn was walking almost aimlessly throughout the Citadel, just looking around and wasting some time in the down time he had in his day. Miria was busy and wouldn't be available till later or he would be with her and he didn't know of anyone else that wasn't busy. Perhaps he could sit and chat with Mari for a while, he hadn't spoken to his tavern maid friend for a while and it would be nice to catch up with her.

But out of the corner of his eye he caught Miria walking along with another woman. Instantly a smile brightened his face and he turned his course to meet with her. His walk turned into a run and in a moment his lips were against hers, heedless of the people walking around them for her embaressment.

Keydn grinned wickedly at the hidden meanings behind this woman's, Shaylor's, words. Light that would be a sure way to have a good time this afternoon. He reached out the hand that he didn't have around Miria. "Kedyn Alastair, I'm a scout here at the Band. I'm assuming you're here to join up then, whether with the Band or at some shop in the city."

"Unfortunately you're stuck with Miria at least, as much as I'd like to drag her back and have her all to myself we wouldn't get much done today." Kedyn added a small chuckle at the blush on Miria's cheek.

Kedyn

Kedyn, the man that had run up to Miria, offered his spare hand out to take hers and she took it lightly, trying to keep from laughing at Kedyn's grin and Miria's embarrassment. "Kedyn Alastair, I'm a scout here at the Band. I'm assuming you're here to join up then, whether with the Band or at some shop in the city." Join up? Light help her- that was not something she would be able to handle. Well, she was able to wield a weapon and could protect herself some, but not enough to be in the... what had he called it... the Band?

"Unfortunately you're stuck with Miria at least, as much as I'd like to drag her back and have her all to myself we wouldn't get much done today." Shaylor had to turn around and bury her face in her hands for a moment to keep from laughing outright at Miria. While Kedyn was already taken, she knew that the two of them would have a good deal of fun together, whether it be making fun of Miria (in a playful way) or making up more horrid puns and cliches.

"You can have her if you wish, but if I got horribly lost, someone would have your head." Shaylor had to bend over double at this, laughing so hard she knew her face was going red from lack of air.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Kedyn, so perhaps the two of you could explain more about the Band to me and explain this whole joining process. Just, fill me in on the details before we get to this Mehrin fellow."

ooc: Estel's character is next, gotta go play tag with her to ask if she will post. you two can post introducing the character or wait for her- whatever works

Ooc: been keeping up with this already and had made plans to post once stuff finally slowed down...which it has... so enter arrogant asshole!

Ic:

Passers-by eyes him warily as they went about their business. Carnhain simply sneered at them. Honestly, he was a Lieutenant! Who were they to judge him for snarling at seemingly nothing. If they would take the time to actually look they would see he was glaring murderously over at the group of three standing over by the gate.

Rather, he was glaring murderously at one of the two women and specifically the one kissing his best friend and brother. He itched to walk up and punch her pretty little blonde face. Except that Kedyn wouldn’t like that and Carnhain couldn’t survive Kedyn hating him- they had been through too much for that.

He examined the other woman with them from afar. She was blonde, his height, likely a few years younger than he and overall looked as if she could be Miria’s sister. Although, the gladius- at this distance it was hard to tell, but he believed that was what it was- she wore intrigued him. Few women wore swords, even in the Band- except Kiarma, but that woman was strange- preferring knives and bows.

It took him about two minutes to decide whether meeting the newcomer was worth braving Miria’s presence. In the end curiosity won out and as he strode over, he did his best to stick his nose in the air and ignore Miria completely.

“Kedyn!” he said with a grin as if Miria wasn’t hanging off his arm. Then he turned to the woman on the horse and giving him best grin asked who in the Light she was. “Hello. Who are you?” So what if his manners left much to be desired.

Miria continued on beside Shaylor, giving her a brief run down on the commander and some others as they saw them and Shay asked. Of course Miria didn't go into any depth, this woman was a stranger, and she respected people's privacy. She stopped mid-sentence as she spotted Kedyn, a pleased grin crossing her face as raced over, surprising her by sweeping her up into his arms and kissing her deeply.

Miria was blushing furiously as the kiss ended, partially embarassed by the public display, and partially from the desire Kedyn's kiss had stirred within her. Light but he always managed to leave her weak-kneed and flushed. Still, embarassed she may be, but she still grinned like a fool. She loved this man, like no other, and loved the effect his kisses had on her.

"You have good taste." Miria blushed and laughed, agreeing wholeheartedly. Of all the men to fall in love with, she had found the most incredible. Shaylor introduced herself to Kedyn, her last comment causing the blush on Miria's cheeks to deepen. The hidden meaning wasn't lost on her, not any more. Besides, her suspicions were confirmed with Kedyn's reply. Drag her away indeed. She would be most willing. Eager, in fact. Argh, she should stop that trail of thought or she'd never stop blushing.

Shaylor turned and hid her face. She was laughing at Miria? Miria frowned slightly. She was used to Kedyn's teasing, but she didn't know if she appreciated a complete stranger having fun at her expense. She watched as Shaylor doubled over with laughter at her comment in some confusion before she understood the meaning, her cheeks once again flaming crimson. If it weren't for Kedyn and his...teachings...she would have been oblivious. Perhaps Shaylor simply enjoyed the double entendres, though that had always been a game between Miria and Kedyn. Was it jealousy she felt? No, silly girl. Though she was glad for the arm around her waist.

Miria was about to continue on with her explanation when another voice interrupted. “Kedyn!”It was that bloody baffoon Carnhain. Miria gritted her teeth and tried not to show her distaste as the blonde man blatantly ignored her presence. She had tried to remain civil in his presence, but blood and ashes he made it difficult! He was Kedyn's dearest friend, and for that she was prepared to make an effort, much as she hated it, but burn her if she could repair bridges while Carnhain was so darned rude. Well, two could play that game.

Miria stiffened her spine and returned the favour, ignoring Carnhain as she addressed Shaylor. "Let's keep going Shay, we'll explain more on the way about joining the ranks." She urged, refusing to acknowledge that Carnhain was even present, let alone that he had spoken.

Miria

OOC:Pleasure as always, Carnhain :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Kedyn let out a soft sight as he saw Carnhain walking towards them, contrasting the smile on his face. He was sighing because of how Miria stiffened slightly as she saw him and the following coldness, and if not the words than the lack of them. They had never been on good terms, Miria for when Carnhain had mistakenly thought Kedyn was another and tried to kill him. And what had happened to make Carnhain return the feeling, Kedyn didn't very well know.

"It seems we might have snagged ourselves a new member to the Band, though one who seems rather reluctant to join up." Kedyn gave Miria's hand a squeeze after having taken it. He did his best to look like he was ignoring it, hoping that, but knowing it wouldn't, bridge some of the chasms between them. To try and force them to interact.

"But with the way the Band has been growing perhaps we could find a place in the city for her if she doesn't." Kedyn flashed a grin to Carnhain before he turned his head back to Miria and Shaylor as the, now four, of them began to keep moving. The tension between the two almost choking the air it was so thick.

Kedyn