DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Now that Brandon has finished AMOL....

Sakaea

...I know lots of people will be doing a full re-read before reading AMOL next year. When is everyone planning on starting theirs? Personally, when the release date is revealed, that's when I'll be deciding. Each book takes about a week to read for me, so 13 weeks before the release date should be about right.

*bounces in excitement*

I started my re-read, but I'm not in a particular hurry. I'm on Book 3 averaging about a book a month. It's my 4th read of the series so it's possible I might skim through some of the Salidar/White Tower parts that get kind of laborious after reading it several times before.

I'll likely just re-read ToM right around when they make the prologue available. I've read the others many times.

When I do read AMoL, I won't be far from the bookshelf with 1-13 in case I feel the need to cross reference something new though :smile:

My rereads are hampered because book 3 got lost somewhere! Guna have to get it next payday I reckon. Ive tried starting from book 4 and its just not the same. Need Ishamael...

Im pretty sure the law works the same for books as it does for games. When i was trying to download some NES games that i own but lost the cartridges for, i initially looked up if it was legal based upon the fact that i owned but lost them. It turned out that as long as you own the NES cartridge, you can download the game online and play it on a simulator, even if you've lost it.

I started my first re-read a few days ago. I'm still in the EotW. It's so fun seeing the character's "young" and niave. Everytime Rand freaks out about a couple trollocs or Moraine using the power... I can't help but feel bad and think "you have no idea what you're in for..."

I just finished a re-read 6 weeks ago or so... think I'll wait until probably April or May to start another one. Meanwhile I'm re-reading Sanderson's "Way of Kings" and have a huge pile of paperbacks to work through for the first time, including the first books in the Malazan Book of the Fallen and Codex Alera series. :)

I started a re-read few months back, but then A Dance with Dragons came out and I got distracted and started to re-read ASOIAF D:

I guess I'll do re-read on WoT later, when I'm less busy with university and ASOIAF D:

I started mine 3 weeks ago. I am 70% of the way through tGH. I am reading them on my Kindle for the first time. Though I did read the last 3 or so on them about this time last year ready for ToM.

I'm actually buying them for my Kindle one at a time as I can pick them up... by the time I get to my re-read I should be able to go straight through on the e-reader, and my giant collection of paperbacks (plus my New Spring and ToM hardbacks) will likely be donated to the friend who introduced me to the series but has only read EotW and part of TGH and no longer has a copy of either of them.

Guest Emu on the Loose

I like the symmetry. The first three books are like a trilogy that takes us into the world of WoT, and the last three books (including AMoL) are shaping up to be the trilogy that brings it all to a close.

...I know lots of people will be doing a full re-read before reading AMOL next year. When is everyone planning on starting theirs? Personally, when the release date is revealed, that's when I'll be deciding. Each book takes about a week to read for me, so 13 weeks before the release date should be about right.

*bounces in excitement*

I've been re-reading all along.

Started a while ago. Averaging about a book a month. About halfway through Dragon Reborn. And I'm enjoying more than I thought I would.

Whenever I rank the books, of the first six, Dragon Reborn usually gets the least amount of plaudits, but I'm really enjoying the machinations and adventures at the Tower (wondergirls, Mat, Lanfear, Siuan), Egwene's first steps in T'A'R. No real spectacular moments of awesome, but pretty solid. Especially enjoyed the Jarra chapter with Perrin, Moiraine, and Noam.

Archived