DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL first draft is officially complete

michael.clinton83

As he had said, he'd been reading this series for over 21 years, and I picked it up about 15 years ago. It's nice to see it done, but at the same time there is a twinge of sadness over the fact that this is it. We've clamored and cried for an ending and now we have it. It's a little bitterswett.

First off, congrats Brandon. Tremendous job in taking over and finishing WOT. There was a ton of pressure on him when he inherited the series, and Brandon just did a phenomenal job of seeing this through to completion.

It will be nice to have an ending to this series, although AMOL release is a ways off with all of the revisions left to be done. I started reading the series in 1992, so it's somewhat appropriate that the final book in this series will come almost 20 years to the day when I started reading the Wheel of Time.

It will be tough to read the final word of the WOT next year, but it will also be nice to do a full re-read of the entire series going forward. Plus, I'm sure this should (hopefully) pave the road for movie/TV versions of these books in the near future.

Thanks again Brandon, and great job!

Hah. Great song choice considering the prophecies surrounding Rand's death.

My question is if

The fact that Sin was actually defeated in FFX, despite it being impossible, implies the possibility that the same somehow happens to the Dark One and the cycle is broken. Just idle speculation; I've never been one to actually believe the cycle breaks.

But this is pretty awesome news.

Guest Emu on the Loose

Huzzah! Congratulations and thank you, Brandon.

If you are in Hawaii or Alaska, or the Western, Mountain, or Central time zones in the U.S., today is also the Winter Solstice, the last day of autumn and the first day of winter. It is the day when the sunlight hours no longer grow shorter, and summer begins its return. Cheesy, yes, but, "A Memory of Light."

Finally

It's neat that "A Memory of Light" was finished on the darkest day of the year. (it seems Emu beat me to it)

From Twitter it looked like Brandon was in some kind of epic writing groove. I hope the quality of writing is maintained throughout.

Excellent.

Hopefully it can be published in 4-6 months. I have no desire to wait until late 2012.

This was a first draft. The stated goal for release is Fall 2012. BS is on record saying he is going much more in depth with revisions and the team with editing to address issues in the first two books and make sure they get the last on "right". I applaud their efforts as this is the final book in which RJ's life's work will be judged. There is zero reason to rush it.

First off I'd like to say a big congrats and thank you to BS for finally finishing this masterpiece in RJ's name and hopefully doing it justice, I really can't wait to read AMoL and as people said it will be really bittersweet. I'm going to want to rush through it and savour it at the same time.

On a side note the choice of "To Zanarkand" as the song to listen to whilst finishing the book is inspired. As a massive fan of the Final Fantasy games and of all of Nobuo Uematsu's (The composer of all the final fantasy music up to XI I think) work I was so happy to see that. If any of you guys out there haven't heard of his work before but loved that song then look up The Black Mages and also Nobuo's "Distant World's" albums, they are performed with a full orchestra and truly epic, you won't be disappointed.

Many thanks to BS for working so hard to finish this. I'm really looking forward to next football season (even though my Skins will still probably suck), because at least of they are out of the hunt I will have something to look forward to.

I've new reading this series ever since 1991 (the last really great year of football for my Skins - SB XVI Champs). It has consumed over 20 years for me and this will be a biter sweet end.

I'm going to offend some people, and I'm sure this is because o have never played FF, but I thought music was lame. Hopefully, this doesn't start a fire storm and it is just my opinion. I have no emotional attachment to the game so I have no attachment to that music so I can say objectively that it is one blah piece of music.

Just because you have no emotional attachment to the game doesn't mean you can't get emotionally attached to the music. Have you ever been emotionally attached to any song that isn't in a game or movie?

Also, I liked the song and haven't played the game.

Even though I feel slightly emotional at this ending, I feel odd seeing as I only started reading these 1 year ago. I honestly couldn't imagine how people who have been reading it for 20 years have felt.

I'm going to offend some people, and I'm sure this is because o have never played FF, but I thought music was lame. Hopefully, this doesn't start a fire storm and it is just my opinion. I have no emotional attachment to the game so I have no attachment to that music so I can say objectively that it is one blah piece of music.

Yeah it's more effective if you've invested 80-100 hours in that game and then go through the ending.

Just because you have no emotional attachment to the game doesn't mean you can't get emotionally attached to the music. Have you ever been emotionally attached to any song that isn't in a game or movie?

Yes, but that song did nothing for me (other than wish I hadn't wasted 3 min of my life listening to it)

I've heard many great emotionally charged songs, this isn't one of them.

Just my opinion. If you liked it and it did something for you, great!

Wonderful news that BS has finished. Whatever comes, we will know what happens, and how it was meant to end.

My thanks to BS for all the hard work he's put in over the past few years to see this to the finish, saving a legion of fans around the world. Also to RJ obviously for creating this to begin with, and all of their mutual support staff.

It's because of all of them that we can finally witness the culmination of RJ's lasting legacy.

Archived