DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

@BrandSanderson

andrewks

BS's first draft is much much rougher than most people would think. The amount of polishing that neeeds to go into it now is mind boggling. I dont think i could ever write that way, but it works for him.

From what I've read from him on the subject, he aims to hit a specific word count per day and frets about the quality of it on the many revisions. It seems like a brute force tactic, but it works well for him.

BS's first draft is much much rougher than most people would think. The amount of polishing that neeeds to go into it now is mind boggling. I dont think i could ever write that way, but it works for him.

From what I've read from him on the subject, he aims to hit a specific word count per day and frets about the quality of it on the many revisions. It seems like a brute force tactic, but it works well for him.

Yeah, its quite a strange thing, but I like his writing, and it seems to work for him, so its all good I suppose.

I heard that Harriet wants to take at least 6 months for edit and revisions, so yeah, seems like July is the earliest we will be getting the book.

Does that mean we'll have it sooner than expected?

No, this is his self imposed deadline that he's been shooting for for months now. It still needs revisions and they still want a long editing cycle. We're still looking at November 2012.

Exactly, and fair play to him. Hes given himself plenty of time to remaster it once the plot is written. They do NOT want this book coming out early.

So... you're a writer? If so, get yerself registered in the ACW section if you havent already!

Brandon just tweeted he is currently writing his FINAL scene an AMoL! After that he will add RJ's scene and the first draft will be done. So just an hour or so and there will be no official writing anymore on The Wheel of Time...EVER

I feel :unsure:

Brandon Sanderson

Ladies and gentlemen, A Memory of Light--the final book in The Wheel of Time--has been finished.

Like a lot of those who commented on FB, my emotions ran amok on reading this post and earlier ones last night. I imagine Brandon's are as well. Joy, Relief, Sadness, Amazement.

Wow .. what a job he's done, no matter the differing views on his style/skill v. RJ. He's brought to fruition a tale that many of you have grown up with. That is an incredible gift.

As one who read for near on 20 years the Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'brian only to have him pass away whilst writing the 21st novel and leaving Jack Aubrey in the middle of the southern Atlantic having finally received his Admirals broad pennant was crushing. Especially as no one would or has yet, to pick the story up.

Brandon has given WoT readers a wonderful gift.

Does that mean we'll have it sooner than expected?

No, this is his self imposed deadline that he's been shooting for for months now. It still needs revisions and they still want a long editing cycle. We're still looking at November 2012.

Exactly, and fair play to him. Hes given himself plenty of time to remaster it once the plot is written. They do NOT want this book coming out early.

So... you're a writer? If so, get yerself registered in the ACW section if you havent already!

Hehe, thanks for the invite :) I havent had time to do any writing since my daughters were born, but ive been working on something in my head and hopefully will have time to put it to paper (.txt) someday. Ive been working more on drawing since i can finish a piece in under 4 hours :)

EDIT: I checked out the forum, but i cant post there and there isnt anything stickied on how to get access, and there isnt a FAQ either. I could try search, but... nah

It was mentioned on Facebook that even though Sanderson is finished, his work is still going to be edited and possibly dozens revisions will be made. According to Sanderson, the release date may not be until Fall 2012.

Correct, BS & Team Jordan decided to change the way he does drafts and take more time in the editing process in order to address the issues in TGS and ToM.

Peter Alshtrom

This does mean editing and revision will take longer, but rushing TOWERS caused a ton of headaches and stress, and Team Jordan and Brandon all want to avoid that this time. They have to get things RIGHT in this final book.

I for one couldn't agree more. This is the final work upon which RJ's series will be judged, to rush it would be doing him an ultimately us a disservice. The result will be a more polished product and I am pretty excited to see what BS can do when given the proper time. Kudos to Team Jordan for doing this the right way and making it the best book it can be.

Archived