114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Egwene

come on....you didn't think I'd just let him go!?!

This thread is for:

anyone that hasn't discussed this for years

anyone that hasn't comitted suicide yet over this topic

anyone that has discussed this for years, but is kind enough to share the sum total of their infinite knowledge with the ignorant rest of us

anyone wanting to just look in, shake their head and dissapear again

anyone at all

......lets face it - a WoT forum without an Asmo thread.....unthinkable!!

And just for fun I have added a poll :twisted:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Egwene

Alys, wasn't me...I am still waiting for people to convince me. I am hoping that someone is going to come up with that small diamond that is going to convince me that one theory is better than all the others....

...will you re-post the ^up <side Vdown thread? Really enjoyed it.

Guest Majsju

Of those mentioned in the poll, Lanfear and Moiraine have very strong evidence speaking against them. SH and Moridin are not even introduced yet, thus impossible.

Guest Egwene

*kicks herself* my brain must be asleep this evening...lol. Sorry Maj, dear old Graendal totally slipped my mind for a moment.....and she is my other 50/50 candidate at that. *sigh*...

I suppose you had polls on this in the past...what sort of ratio for the various groups did you get?

Guest Egwene

obviously??? *raises an eyebrow* :shock:

now, I agree...a lot of good points have been made in her favour but I feel just as many have been made for Lanfear.One point that Jonn made about the You having a question mark really got me thinking about Moiraine.

Maj, have you always supported Graendal? Or is this the result of years of discussion?

Guest Majsju

There are so many strong evidence against Lanfear and Moiraine that there's no way they can be suspects without having to invent things on your own. They are gone when the murder happens.

The question mark Jonn mentioned can be applied to any of the forsaken. Considering how many forsaken who has died facing Rand, finding one of them hanging around just meters away from Rand would be quite a big, and in Asmo's case, nasty surprise.

Graendal is the only candidate I've ever suspected, though I took my time examining all possibilities before reaching that conclusion.

Guest Egwene

If I had to try and convict Moiraine in court....I would certainly argue that there was much to indicate she was not dead. In fact the ONLY thing to say she was, was the bond to Lan having severed.

Any place bigger than a room tends to have more than one exit. The bigger the place, the more exits. Why do you feel that assuming there are lots of exits is making things up....(health and safety would insist on one at least every 500yds..lol)

She did not approve of Asmo and he would have been very suprised to see her.

I would imagine Lanfear had more knowledge of the Land of the Finns and that Moiraine would have more likely made a mistake in the way she phrased something, resulting in not totally escaping...

...my case for the jury......

who will accuse the next one??

Asmo again! why does such an irrelevent mystery keep coming back up?

anyway, i personally don't care who killed him. when i find out i'll just say, "oh, well there you go then" like the majority of people. my guess is Lanfear though.

now, i'm afraid i have to run. i'm missing a Fish Fight back home....

Guest Majsju
If I had to try and convict Moiraine in court....I would certainly argue that there was much to indicate she was not dead. In fact the ONLY thing to say she was' date=' was the bond to Lan having severed.

Any place bigger than a room tends to have more than one exit. The bigger the place, the more exits. Why do you feel that assuming there are lots of exits is making things up....(health and safety would insist on one at least every 500yds..lol)

She did not approve of Asmo and he would have been very suprised to see her.

I would imagine Lanfear had more knowledge of the Land of the Finns and that Moiraine would have more likely made a mistake in the way she phrased something, resulting in not totally escaping...

...my case for the jury......

who will accuse the next one??[/quote']

The point against Moiraine is not that she is supposed to be dead, but that she's gone. She's held by the finns, just like Lanfear was. And being held usually means you're not allowed to come and go as you wish, even if you only feel you must go and kill someone.

For Moiraine to be a potential killer, you must invent the whole scenario of her being allowed to leave through either the Tower of Ghenjei or the doorway in Tear (which means you would have to invent a fact that the two finns share the same world), discover Traveling to reach Caemlyn in time, manage to sneak around the palace without anyone noticing, track down Asmo, kill him, and then volunteerly return to being imprisoned.

Or, you would have to invent an ability for the finns to magically snatch someone from our world.

The very same thing goes for Lanfear, and in her case you would have to add her sudden change of personality, going after Asmo instead of Rand or Aviendha. Considering Lanfear's POV in WH, she hasn't forgiven Rand at that point, and is determined to see him dead. But instead she would have gone after Asmo???

Guest Egwene

just had a quick re-read of the letters...

She says she is gone....she does not use the word 'dead'. I remember noticing that first time I read the books.

Guest Egwene

**For Moiraine to be a potential killer, you must invent the whole scenario of her being allowed to leave through either the Tower of Ghenjei or the doorway in Tear (which means you would have to invent a fact that the two finns share the same world), discover Traveling to reach Caemlyn in time, manage to sneak around the palace without anyone noticing, track down Asmo, kill him, and then volunteerly return to being imprisoned.**

Believing that a big place has several ways to get in an out to me is more logical/likely than for there to be only one. So I don't feel I am inventing anything there.

Archived