DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Attack On Shayol Ghul

mauifranko78

...As the highest military leader for the Light, Lews Therin was able to assemble a force of some ten thousand soldiers unbeknownst to the Hall. With that force and the Hundred Companions, he launched his planned attack at Shayol Ghul.

Exactly what occured that day can never be known, only the results. Of the soldiers, not a single man or woman returned to give any account. The seals were placed safely, without ripping open the Dark One's prison as many opponents had feared. By chance, all thirteen of the Forsaken were at Shayol Ghul (perhaps summonded for a conference with the Dark One?), and they were trapped in the sealing, thus decapitating at one stroke the Shadow's leadership....

With Lews Therin's full return to the world, would love to get him talking about the AOL. Especially the War of Power and the Attack on Shayol Ghul. Why were the Forsaken there? Was it the DO trying to stop the Hundred Companions?? What happened that day?? What did he learn of the Bore and sealing it from the first time??

Clearly we will get some idea as this Age's attack on Shayol Ghul occurs.. Strategy/conversation assumingly will come out... But a full blown flashback to that day in the AOL would be awesome!! Hell even if that were the prologue alone, would be amazing. What resistence occurred? Only 68 companions survived. Did the DO communicate directly with LTT then? Did it look similar to what we se now when the Forsaken in this age go to visit it?? Do LTT and the companions feel like they succeeded before the counterstoke?? Or was that instant?

Ultimately the climax of the entire series is building to this second attempt to seal the DO away. Seeing the first attempt live and in person would be equally as intense.

I guess if it reveals too much about the second attempt, maybe pieces at first? Day dreams from LTT? And then a full account at the end? Here's to hoping!

Do LTT and the companions feel like they succeeded before the counterstoke?? Or was that instant?

Everything that I had gathered is that they felt like they succeeded. Yes, the counterstroke was instant; however, the impact of the counterstroke manifested itself over the years as the male channelers went mad. I never got the impression that the 68 were instantly mad, but the madness worsened as time passed. Even to the point that some sought refuge in the steddings to slow down/stave off the madness.

Do LTT and the companions feel like they succeeded before the counterstoke?? Or was that instant?

Everything that I had gathered is that they felt like they succeeded. Yes, the counterstroke was instant; however, the impact of the counterstroke manifested itself over the years as the male channelers went mad. I never got the impression that the 68 were instantly mad, but the madness worsened as time passed. Even to the point that some sought refuge in the steddings to slow down/stave off the madness.

LTT and the remaining 68 went mad instantly. It's for all the other male channellers that it worsened over time.

That said I think everyone felt like they had succeeded, and it was only with time and the realisation that the taint was turning male channellers insane that people understood the terrible cost of the sealing.

Archived