DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mattin Stepaneos

ONeill

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment, nothing. As Elaida said, he was brought merely to demonstrate her power. Egwene might use reconsolidating him on the throne as Illian as part of her establishing herself with the rulers of the nations though... I don't see Rand having much of an issue in giving him back the throne either, so my guess is he will be King of Illian again at some stage.

It is my belief that he is indeed a darkfriend at the very least. He seems quite the coward as I see it. So turning to the dark one seems to fit, selling his soul for power. He has uses and Masema will see there ends. All the same he will die in MoL and thats that, he is anything but important. Also my apologies on my avatar, though that does not excuse my ignorance.

How is he a coward? He was controlled by compulsion until he was kidnapped by Elaida. He is now held against his will, and even if he did escape his country is in the hands of someone he has been led to believe will kill him?

He is a weak minded fool. If he was controled once surely Masema would find a use for him once again! I believe she is very much still in the tower and is at this moment tightening a noose around the neck of Ewgewne(sp) Watch as it will not suprise me when he attacks her, once defeated he will admit himself a darkfriend.

I'm going to assume that you mean Mesaana and not Mesema who is better known as the Prophet and is in Altara, nowhere near Egwene or the White Tower at the moment.

Either way, what makes you think that Mesaana has him under Compulsion? He was a captive of Lord Brend aka Sammael, before Sammy bit it, but we have no textual evidence at all that he is currently being Compulsed (is that a word?) by anyone. He's being held against his will, yes, but as far as we know he's under no Compulsion with the OP.

You have twisted my words I believe. I did mean the forsaken sorry about the spelling. I think he has not yet begun being controled by the forsaken but shall be soon. I think it may have more to do with The former keeper. I just think she wants a big heap of revenge now and using another, compulsory or not would be to her addvantage. She was humbled by SH but she is still forsaken and has her own plans and I firmly believe that Stephanos is among them just not as of yet. I hope I have clarifyed my meanings here. He had use to Sammy so why not Messana?

I don't think he is a darkfriend at all. Though it is kind of funny that they White Tower could kidnap him w/o Sammy knowing about it. Either way he'll probably end up helping Eggy become Amyrlin.

If she can get him on her side, then the other Aes Sedai would have to either never let him leave or dispose of Elaida. After all, having a king going around telling everyone that the White Tower kidnapped him would not help their cause one bit. In fact it probably would make virtually every ruler in the world want to avoid Aes Sedai at all costs, less the same thing happen to them.

I think if Rand finds out the Stephanos is alive he would put together a raid in the White Tower, once he used TAR to scout out the guys room.

If Rand can spirit him away, and bring him back to Illian, under Eliada's nose. Stephanos could talk about how he was kidnapped and Eliada would lose even more power.

No matter he will die when they find out hes a dark friend. After compulsion, we may not want that again so why not give over to the dark one??? He will do what the FS wish anyway so whos to say he dont give in? Though I like your idea Kaznen. That would certainly weaken Elaidia to the breaking point, it will be bad enough with eggy controling the novices from within the MON's studies! What is sad is she wanted to be a good armlyin then I guess went crazy! Trying to capture (thats the big key word there) was her big mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

The Horn of Valere needs to end up with Mat by the Last Battle. The Horn of Valere is in the White tower. The Horn of Valere is tied to Illian. Mattin Stephanos is Tied to Illian. Mattin Stephanos is in the White Tower.

My prediction? Verin will show up in the White Tower, get the horn from wherever Siuan and her hid it, and she'll give it to Stephanos to return to Illian.

Is Mat still connected to the Horn though. I know everyone in Randland thinks so but he did die once. For a while the wonder girls didn't think the Aes Sedai would heal Mat cuz if he died a new link could be forged with someone more "friendly" to Aes Sedai. I know Mat came back to life but did this sever the link or is he still connected? Thanks

Well, technically Mat did never die, since Rand used balefire to bring him back. So the link should have been restored along with everything else.

Archived