DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Offical Wheel of Time Artist

Frost Wynters

What authors do I think would? I guess Brandon Sanderson, and probably Tad Williams.

If you're asking about illustrators, I'd go with Michael Whelan, Alan Lee, John Howe, Tom Lockwood, or Bob Eggleton.

Personally I think DKS was the perfect artist for this series, he was the reason I picked up the books, and I'll greatly miss his cover on AMoL if we in fact don't get it.

I would like DKS unfinished cover to be the one we get on the book. Even better if it is black&white. It would be fair. And it would fit with the title "A Memory of Light".

The only Wot cover which I identify as a real crap is TGS.

But I still vote for DKS's TEOTW cover to be the best in fantasy ever. The look of it made me buy the book at a time when I could hardly spend any money for books and when I was so disappointed from the deterioration of the fantasy as a genre and I really thought I would never buy a fantasy novel again. But I just couldn't resist the urge to buy this large book with the marvelous cover. And that's why I can forgive all next bad DKS covers.

Michael Whelan would be a good one. The artist who did the eBook cover for Fires of Heaven.

His stuff is more realistic than someone like Sweet, who can exaggerate things a little bit. Sweet is more suited for something like Xanth or more fantastical books. I never really liked his WoT covers either, but I respect the man as an artist.

i really want sweets cover for aMoL as well even if it isnt quite finished. i always thought he got the whole medievil thing going. And i agree with Germs his cover on TDR made me pick it up. I use the coversd as wallpapers on my compters.

And i HUNT for the illustrated books which arnt released here in OZ. The americans get the books i want...

Archived